Happy Confederate Memorial Day Texans

Got some news for you....

The U.S. Constitution is mainly a charter for creating the U.S. federal government.

You cannot support and defend the Constitution, while fighting to destroy the Federal Union created by the Constitution.

The two are mutually exclusive.
The CSA weren't fighting to destroy the Constitution or the Union. They were defending themselves against Northern aggression.

Regardless...slave owners were lazy. They could have so unbelievably hired people to work. Instead they took the lazy man's way.

We all descend from slaves and slave owners.

When white people owned slaves in America blacks owned slaves in Africa.

I used to be one of those sort of hard-core anti-confederacy people. But I always had a soft spot for Stonewall Jackson. Anyways, I grew up and realized that the confederates were fellow Americans. They were our ancestors. They were our friends down the street. They lived in a time when slavery was morally acceptable in many areas of the world.

Also for people who try to claim that the confederates were traitors. That’s not fair. Civil War has long been a part of history all throughout the world. Indians fought each other, Jews fought each other, Africans fought each other you name it Civil War occurred in many countries throughout history.

The CSA weren't fighting to destroy the Constitution or the Union. They were defending themselves against Northern aggression.
No one is going to cry over the destruction of a Slave State. Decent people don't believe they have a right to exist.

If that were really the case and not just current political convenience he wouldn't have starved so many to death in contraband camps and would just let them go, and he wouldn't have forced some back onto the plantations and made them work. The maps of the contraband camps show them to be along major river routes, and the North was shipping a whole lot of food overseas, so it wasn't an unavoidable tragedy but a deliberate choice on his part. His idea of 'free blacks' doesn't support the Lincoln Myth.
I'm not sure what the "Lincoln myth" is. He certainly didn't start off in 1862 promising southern states the federal govt had not interest in taking slaves .... from states that had not seceded.

Sure - that's what the rich slave owners were telling the uneducated dumbasses to get them to do the fighting for them.

Sure you do; its the one where Lincoln was a selfless humanitarian Hero out to end slavery n stuff and fought to make black people free.
That just seems like frail Confederate lovers looking for anything to put him on the same level as the slavers you love so much. There's plenty of criticism for Lincoln. Fucking Douglass was criticizing his ass real time. Stop being a bitch.

That just seems like frail Confederate lovers looking for anything to put him on the same level as the slavers you love so much. There's plenty of criticism for Lincoln. Fucking Douglass was criticizing his ass real time. Stop being a bitch.

lol the only bitches here are you and some other mooches.

lol the only bitches here are you and some other mooches.
You can't even defend your Slaver loving with any confidence. All you Confederate lovers are reduced to crying about Lincoln because no amount of talking about what the Confederacy stood for or fought for is going to do you backwards mutants any favors. :laugh:

You can't even defend your Slaver loving with any confidence. All you Confederate lovers are reduced to crying about Lincoln because no amount of talking about what the Confederacy stood for or fought for is going to do you backwards mutants any favors. :laugh:

lol now you're incapable of rational claims. Nobody is 'defending slavery', that's just your own racism bubbling to the surface, dumbass. And we know black people don't mind slavery anyway, it's still popular in Africa and the Hoods here in the U.S.. See your Hero P. Diddy for example.

Don't let the Left rewrite history. The war was not about slavery, it was about forcing states to remain part of a confederation that they had withdrawn from.

Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.
I beg your pardon?

Oh wait! The Confederates had to get criminal pardons in order to...

never mind

Then again: Sectional conflicts over slavery had been a major cause of the war. People often confuse or conflate issues when discussing America's so-called Civil War. The North was fighting to prevent the secession of the Southern states and to preserve the Union. The Southern secession started with South Carolina, who in no uncertain terms said secession was about their "right" to keep and trade other human beings, who were kept in chattel slavery.

Being able to transport what they, the Southerners, considered property across state lines without any governmental interference was a main reason for secession

and...

Look at this pussy illiterate response. :laugh:

My post doesn't accuse you of defending slavery. I accused you of being a pussy Slaver lover and you kind of proved my point with this bitch of a reply.

You never had anything here; go sacrifice a rabbit or two and make Mommy proud.

Don't let the Left rewrite history. The war was not about slavery, it was about forcing states to remain part of a confederation that they had withdrawn from.

Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

The war was absolutely about slavery. Read the secession documents where the states lay out their reasons. They cited slavery over and over. They cite slavery as the cause for their secession.

"The people of the State of South Carolina, in Convention assembled, on the 26th day of April, A.D., 1852, declared that the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government, and its encroachments upon the reserved rights of the States, fully justified this State in then withdrawing from the Federal Union; but in deference to the opinions and wishes of the other slaveholding States, she forbore at that time to exercise this right. Since that time, these encroachments have continued to increase, and further forbearance ceases to be a virtue..

This 'right' being the 'right' to own slaves. As they lay out explicitly and repeatedly in their Articles of Secession:

"[A]n increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. . . ."

Its only later, after losing its bid to preserve that objectively evil practice, that that the South tried to reform its image and divorce its betrayal from the defense of slavery and position themselves as defenders of 'States Rights'.

There are no 'States Rights'. States have powers. People have rights.

The South murdered tens of thousands of loyal American soldiers to preserve the POWER of the State to strip PEOPLE of every right so they could be sold as property.

That's the legacy of the Confederacy.

The war was absolutely about slavery. Read the secession documents where the states lay out their reasons. They cited slavery over and over. They cite slavery as the cause for their secession.

"The people of the State of South Carolina, in Convention assembled, on the 26th day of April, A.D., 1852, declared that the frequent violations of the Constitution of the United States, by the Federal Government, and its encroachments upon the reserved rights of the States, fully justified this State in then withdrawing from the Federal Union; but in deference to the opinions and wishes of the other slaveholding States, she forbore at that time to exercise this right. Since that time, these encroachments have continued to increase, and further forbearance ceases to be a virtue..

This 'right' being the 'right' to own slaves. As they lay out explicitly and repeatedly in their Articles of Secession:

"[A]n increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. . . ."

Its only later, after losing its bid to preserve that objectively evil practice, that that the South tried to reform its image and divorce its betrayal from the defense of slavery and position themselves as defenders of 'States Rights'.

There are no 'States Rights'. States have powers. People have rights.

The South murdered tens of thousands of loyal American soldiers to preserve the POWER of the State to strip PEOPLE of every right so they could be sold as property.

That's the legacy of the Confederacy.

No law against secession, never was. That sucks for your idiot fake Teachable Moment.

Forum List

Back