Happy Jerusalem Day!

ForeverYoung436

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2009
I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but according to the Hebrew calendar, today is the anniversary of the day when Jerusalem was liberated by Israel, in 1967. Most Jews celebrate it as a holiday.

We may have lost Hebron, where Abraham taught about One G-d; Bethlehem, where David was born; Jericho, which Joshua conquered; and Shechem (Nablus) where Joseph was laid to rest--but we will never lose Jerusalem.

אם אשכחך ירושלים תשכח ימיני

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but according to the Hebrew calendar, today is the anniversary of the day when Jerusalem was liberated by Israel, in 1967. Most Jews celebrate it as a holiday.
Israel celebrates reunification of Jerusalem - Israel Today | Israel News
Jews attacked for praying on Temple Mount - Israel Today | Israel News
More About Jerusalem Day

While Jerusalem Day Is Celebrated Above Ground, Archaeological Discoveries Reveal City’s Layers
While Jerusalem Day Is Celebrated Above Ground, Archaeological Discoveries Reveal City?s Layers | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

Jerusalem day in photos

Resizer.ashx

Youth join hands and dance the hora while waving banners of various youth groups.

Resizer.ashx

Buses and cars were re-routed as Jewish youth celebrated reunification.

Resizer.ashx

Young ladies march down the street draped in teh blue and white Israeli flag.

Resizer.ashx

Israelis sing in unison as the Great Synaogue of Jerusalem towers in the background.

Resizer.ashx

Jewish students wave flags and sing traditional Ethiopian songs aong with Israeli ones.

Resizer.ashx

The dome of the Heichal Shlomo building on King George Avenue.

Resizer.ashx

Resizer.ashx

Resizer.ashx

Last edited:
Since most of us have never been to Israel and probably never will, it's fun to watch videos of different areas of Israel to see what is going on. We can be virtual tourists.

Postcard from Israel: Jerusalem's Emek Refaim

Postcard from Israel: Jerusalem?s Emek Refaim | ISRAEL21c

Since most of us have never been to Israel and probably never will, it's fun to watch videos of different areas of Israel to see what is going on. We can be virtual tourists.

I don't know what your financial situation is, Hossfly, but I have friends or relatives who can host you. PM me if you ever decide to go.

COOL. Gosh i wonder if the Palestinians are also celebrating Jerusalem day?

Jerusalem day in photos

Resizer.ashx

Youth join hands and dance the hora while waving banners of various youth groups.

Resizer.ashx

Buses and cars were re-routed as Jewish youth celebrated reunification.

Resizer.ashx

Young ladies march down the street draped in teh blue and white Israeli flag.

Resizer.ashx

Israelis sing in unison as the Great Synaogue of Jerusalem towers in the background.

Resizer.ashx

Jewish students wave flags and sing traditional Ethiopian songs aong with Israeli ones.

Resizer.ashx

The dome of the Heichal Shlomo building on King George Avenue.

Resizer.ashx

Resizer.ashx

Resizer.ashx

If anyone is interested in the history of Jerusalem, this is an interesting video to view.

Jerusalem: 4000 Years in 5 Minutes
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mR2W43t6tI&feature=player_detailpage]Jerusalem: 4000 Years in 5 Minutes - YouTube[/ame]

sherri disagrees------Jerusalem has been a muslim city for
at least 8000 years -----part of "palestine" ----its language
is arabic and its religion "ISA WORSHIP"

For anyone wanting to visit Israel, and Jerusalem in particular, I just wanted to say this. If you can somehow muster up the airfare, then you can stay in Jerusalem practically for free, as I did once in my life. I have alot of relatives in Israel, but they don't live in Jerusalem, and I wanted to spend time in that city. I didn't have much money on my person at the time, so I checked into a youth hostel (I was in my 20's then), and I lived in the Old City for 2 weeks, practically for free. It was really magical waking up to the sounds of Christian church bells ringing, the Muslim muezzin calling, and the voices of Jewish prayers. Besides youth hostels, there are also regular Jewish and Christian hostels, where people can stay for very cheap prices and sometimes, like I did, for free. These backpacking hostels are sometimes more adventurous and fun to go to than a 5-star hotel may be.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back