Happy New Year ... From A New Grandpa

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
I am sitting in my daughter's hospital room, rocking in a rocking chair, watching the wave of contractions come and go for my daughter. She isn't supposed to have the baby until 16 January, but we may be ringing in the New Year by welcoming Riley Evan into the world.

What is going on outside this hospital room doesn't really matter tonight ... what is going outside of the circle of your own loved ones / friends tonight doesn't matter. What matters tonight is friends and family.

May all of you have a great time tonight, a joyous time celebrating and enjoying one another's company. I sincerely hope you have a blessed, successful, healthy new year.

Stay safe tonight. Happy New Year.

God bless.

Last edited:
I am sitting in my daughter's hospital room, rocking in a rocking chair, watching the wave of contractions come and go for my daughter. She isn't supposed to have the baby until 16 January, but we may be ringing in the New Year by welcoming Riley Evan into the world.

What is going on outside this hospital room doesn't really matter tonight ... what is going outside of the circle of your own loved ones / friends tonight doesn't matter. What matters tonight is friends and family.

May all of you have a great time tonight, a joyous time celebrating and enjoying one another's company. I sincerely hope you have a blessed, successful, healthy year.

God bless.

All the best, to all of you

May all of you have a great time tonight, a joyous time celebrating and enjoying one another's company. I sincerely hope you have a blessed, successful, healthy new year.

God bless.

Happy times, .. congrats

CONGRATS----you are WATCHING the contractions?-----is there a tracing thereof? -----did they stick
sensors on the baby's skull?

CONGRATS----you are WATCHING the contractions?-----is there a tracing thereof? -----did they stick
There are several scanners - paper printout and a video screen - showing the baby's heartbeat and contractions as they hit (strength, duration...).

There are several scanners - paper printout and a video screen - showing the baby's heartbeat and contractions as they hit (strength, duration...).

oh------it is all being monitored------FEAR NOT--------so was I.-------for me it ended up with
a C - section. BUT ALL IS WELL-----the bouncing boy BOUNCED ----8lb 1/4 oz------
not at all irritable------JUST INDIGNANT

God bless.
Congratulations! I cannot think of a more wonderful way to celebrate this evening! You just imagine all those fireworks you hear in the distance is for your grandson, grandpa!

God Bless you and your family!

And you are posting on a message board! Impressive. Are you at least telling your daughter the comments?

We're all here for ya Riley! Ya little preemie.

How is your daughter? Are you helping in keeping her calm? :)
She's doing great!

Riley still may decide not to come tonight, but he is giving every indication he will so far.

Last edited:
There is something special about births! You realize that miracles still do happen. How blessed we are!

God bless.

Thank you and the same to you & yours. Congrats Grandpa!!!

Forum List

Back