🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Happy Women's Equality Day to all of my sisters and lady cousins

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
"WHEREAS, the women of the United States have been treated as second-class citizens and have not been entitled the full rights and privileges, public or private, legal or institutional, which are available to male citizens of the United States; and

WHEREAS, the women of the United States have united to assure that these rights and privileges are available to all citizens equally regardless of sex;

WHEREAS, the women of the United States have designated August 26, the anniversary date of the passage of the Nineteenth Amendment, as symbol of the continued fight for equal rights: and

WHEREAS, the women of United States are to be commended and supported in their organizations and activities,

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, that August 26 of each year is designated as "Women's Equality Day," and the President is authorized and requested to issue a proclamation annually in commemoration of that day in 1920, on which the women of America were first given the right to vote, and that day in 1970, on which a nationwide demonstration for women's rights took place."

omg, speak for yourself and all your goofy family. good grief. I've been here sixty years..... I haven't needed NOT ONE of you goofs. and I'm still going strong. go Conservative you don't need to rely on this: WHINE whine whine waa waa waa

omg, speak for yourself and all your goofy family. good grief. I've been here sixty years..... I haven't needed NOT ONE of you goofs. and I'm still going strong. go Conservative you don't need to rely on this: WHINE whine whine waa waa waa
I just wished you a happy Women's Equality Day, which is a celebration of women's victory in the fight to secure equal civil rights. I'm unsure how you found this whiny or offensive.

I just wished you a happy Women's Equality Day. I'm unsure how you found this whiny or offensive.

I don't need to be congratulated over some made up day. thanks though. good grief, I lived in Northern Alaska for 15 years. saw temps down below -60 below zero. three months of total darkness and three months of 24 hrs of daylight. being a woman meant not much. being a strong human being. meant SURVIVIAL. and in my book that is what being a woman of Equality is all about. anyway thanks for the gesture. I tried to always Progress. not REGRESS back to times we have no idea about.

Forum List

Back