Harper Lee lived to see just how easy ww truly where......

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Miss Lee, God bless her soul, wrote a book about the injustice a black man received, dealing with white trash in her home town and how her daddy took on a case that all know would end "guilty". Miss Lee, however has lived long enough to see a GUILTY black man,ie OJ acquitted of murdering two white people and long enough to see a hip hop generation of young black men, pretty much own white women.

I would love to have talked to this woman to hear her thoughts on how she felt about all this? One minute we're hangin nigga's for just whistling at a ww, the next.....we're trying to peel these ****** off of a nigga's nuts!!
MV5BMTc4NjQ1NDc1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDI1NTYxOA@@._V1_UY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Miss Lee, God bless her soul, wrote a book about the injustice a black man received, dealing with white trash in her home town and how her daddy took on a case that all know would end "guilty". Miss Lee, however has lived long enough to see a GUILTY black man,ie OJ acquitted of murdering two white people and long enough to see a hip hop generation of young black men, pretty much own white women.

I would love to have talked to this woman to hear her thoughts on how she felt about all this? One minute we're hangin nigga's for just whistling at a ww, the next.....we're trying to peel these ****** off of a nigga's nuts!!
MV5BMTc4NjQ1NDc1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDI1NTYxOA@@._V1_UY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
1. Glad the anti white bitch is dead
2. It was better when you were GONE.

• Banned

Actually it could get even better....just ignore my postings and its as though I'm not here.....see how easy that is?

Actually it could get even better....just ignore my postings and its as though I'm not here.....see how easy that is?
Eh yer not really offensive just kind of annoying..I will leave you off ignore for now.

I would have loved to have asked her why her second book, the recent Go Set a Watchman, saw the noble characters in her first book turned into rabid racists. After the stellar job in defending a black man, what led Lee to change Atticus Finch into a KKK type racist in his later years?

• Banned
I would have loved to have asked her why her second book, the recent Go Set a Watchman, saw the noble characters in her first book turned into rabid racists. After the stellar job in defending a black man, what led Lee to change Atticus Finch into a KKK type racist in his later years?

Think about today's times!! Maybe she became a bit jaded, a bit cynical, a bit hardened. One thing I've learned over the years, people of that era, all held views of indifference and intolerance....not their fault, it was just the times in which they lived. I can't for a second believe a white man of that era, 30's could hold liberal views like Mr. Finch and still have a practice and live among so many racist whites. No way in hell.....ain't mad at him, just a sign of the times, that's all.

Because she saw the Obama administration and its doe-eyed groupies make everything about race. She probably thought, WTF...they've taken this country back 18,286 steps - from the pretend time of Atticus and from the glory days of MLK, Jr. - so all of them probably would have fucked up Atticus, too.

All "hope" was sucked right out of her, just as it has been sucked out of so many of us during the last eight years.

• Banned
Because she saw the Obama administration and its doe-eyed groupies make everything about race. She probably thought, WTF...they've taken this country back 18,286 steps - from the pretend time of Atticus and from the glory days of MLK, Jr. - so all of them probably would have fucked up Atticus, too.

congrats....I had a bet with a co worker of how long this thread would remain Obama blame free......damit, I now owe this bitch lunch...you moronic fuck.......47 minutes....LOLOLOLOLOLO

congrats....I had a bet with a co worker of how long this thread would remain Obama blame free......damit, I now owe this bitch lunch...you moronic fuck.......47 minutes....LOLOLOLOLOLO

Poor willful victim.

The rumor in the literary world is that "Go Set a Watchman" was actually a first novel wisely put on the shelf by her very astute editor who convinced her to write a novel centered on the young Scout. The young Scout was a compelling character who could observe and relate the idyllic South of her childhood and also relate the ugliness of racism and bigotry through innocent eyes. And like a lot of children her father Atticus was a heroic figure in her eyes and became a hero to a lot of us through her. We might have constructed a nobility in Atticus that wasn't really there in the novel. We might have transferred our own youthful noble thoughts into Atticus.
Quite a few scholars have pointed out that there were hints of Southern bigotry inherent even in Atticus. His defense of Tom really was more functional than empathetic, we don't learn anything about Tom that allows us to walk a mile in a Black man's shoes. Lee didn't give us a portrait of Atticus as a noble opponent of Jim Crow or even close to radical in his approach to Justice.

When I read "Go Set a Watchman" it was a sad and depressing experience. And the story behind the releasing of the book might be one of maddening greed. Harper Lee had decided decades ago never to publish this novel. She didn't like it, didn't need the money so why was it published?

HarperCollins claimed Ms. Lee’s lawyer, Tonja Carter, had “discovered the manuscript in a secure place where Ms. Lee keeps her archives.” Accompanying that was a supposed statement by Lee, “I hadn’t realized it had survived, so was surprised and delighted when my dear friend and lawyer Tonja Carter discovered it. After much thought and hesitation I shared it with a handful of people I trust and was pleased to hear that they considered it worthy of publication. I am humbled and amazed that this will now be published after all these years.” So what is now realized to be a first, rejected draft of "To Kill a Mockingbird" that she detested, becomes, after strokes and failing health, a favored project for an 89 year old Harper Lee. Sounds very suspicious to me. Sounds like the coarsest manipulation of an aging author in somebody else's pursuit of profit. Profit for everyone involved except Harper Lee. Hopefully it will be quickly forgotten and not live on to kill future generation's dreams of nobility that "To Kill a Mockingbird" inspired in us.

Poor willful victim.

Yes you are...preach!!

The rumor in the literary world is that "Go Set a Watchman" was actually a first novel wisely put on the shelf by her very astute editor who convinced her to write a novel centered on the young Scout. The young Scout was a compelling character who could observe and relate the idyllic South of her childhood and also relate the ugliness of racism and bigotry through innocent eyes. And like a lot of children her father Atticus was a heroic figure in her eyes and became a hero to a lot of us through her. We might have constructed a nobility in Atticus that wasn't really there in the novel. We might have transferred our own youthful noble thoughts into Atticus.
Quite a few scholars have pointed out that there were hints of Southern bigotry inherent even in Atticus. His defense of Tom really was more functional than empathetic, we don't learn anything about Tom that allows us to walk a mile in a Black man's shoes. Lee didn't give us a portrait of Atticus as a noble opponent of Jim Crow or even close to radical in his approach to Justice.

When I read "Go Set a Watchman" it was a sad and depressing experience. And the story behind the releasing of the book might be one of maddening greed. Harper Lee had decided decades ago never to publish this novel. She didn't like it, didn't need the money so why was it published?

HarperCollins claimed Ms. Lee’s lawyer, Tonja Carter, had “discovered the manuscript in a secure place where Ms. Lee keeps her archives.” Accompanying that was a supposed statement by Lee, “I hadn’t realized it had survived, so was surprised and delighted when my dear friend and lawyer Tonja Carter discovered it. After much thought and hesitation I shared it with a handful of people I trust and was pleased to hear that they considered it worthy of publication. I am humbled and amazed that this will now be published after all these years.” So what is now realized to be a first, rejected draft of "To Kill a Mockingbird" that she detested, becomes, after strokes and failing health, a favored project for an 89 year old Harper Lee. Sounds very suspicious to me. Sounds like the coarsest manipulation of an aging author in somebody else's pursuit of profit. Profit for everyone involved except Harper Lee. Hopefully it will be quickly forgotten and not live on to kill future generation's dreams of nobility that "To Kill a Mockingbird" inspired in us.
To Set a Watchman takes place 55 years after To Kill a Mockingbird. Everyone is 55 years older. It's hard to believe that a first novel would take place 55 years after a second novel.

Eh yer not really offensive just kind of annoying..I will leave you off ignore for now.

You Nazi Nuts live for this shit and you know it.

Forum List

Back