Harrison Ford nearly escapes death in plane.

I guess that's what - three crashes now and a near miss? Time to stop playing the odds.

Well one of his accidents was engine failure, can't do much of anything about that. One of them was while he was learning to fly a chopper, unrelated as he had a trainer with him and they, for whatever reason, didn't take the stick. There was a "hard landing" which is an "incident" not an "accident." Plus it's spread out over like a decade IIRC.

Shrug, FAA will do what they do. Probably fine him for this one.

Long live Indiana Jones! You might want to fix your title a little, though--
He didn't nearly escape death. That means he died. He narrowly escaped death, though.
How does that explain near miss?

I hope the new Blade Runner movie finishes production before Ford manages to kill himself in what is the #2 most dangerous activity (private aviation) which is second only to skydiving (#1 cause of death in terms of fatalities per minute of activity).

He seems to have a lot of accidents and near misses because he flies a lot.

He is likely to be killed because his risk of death multiplied by his frequency of activity is quite high.

Not sure how he got so confused as to land on the taxi-way at John Wayne Airport in Orange County Calif.? This may be an early Alzheimers issue -- he is only about 65 years old.

But it seems he is getting easily confused.

The taxi-way is the strip of pavement that is parallel to any landing strip. You are supposed to use it to taxi up to or back from the end of the runway on, not land on it.

I liked him best as Deckard in Blade Runner.

Last edited:
He didn't nearly escape death. That means he died. He narrowly escaped death, though.
You are spending too much time here if you have to argue about THAT. I'm talking about the TITLE.

I hope the new Blade Runner movie finishes production before Ford manages to kill himself in what is the #2 most dangerous activity (private aviation) which is second only to skydiving (#1 cause of death in terms of fatalities per minute of activity).

He seems to have a lot of accidents and near misses because he flies a lot.

He is likely to be killed because his risk of death multiplied by his frequency of activity is quite high.

Not sure how he got so confused as to land on the taxi-way at John Wayne Airport in Orange County Calif.? This may be an early Alzheimers issue -- he is only about 65 years old.

But it seems he is getting easily confused.

The taxi-way is the strip of pavement that is parallel to any landing strip. You are supposed to use it to taxi up to or back from the end of the runway on, not land on it.

I liked him best as Deckard in Blade Runner.

the dude drinks like a fish, can't believe he hasn't passed out yet assuming he hasn't

I don't believe he put it up to argue it.

You are spending too much time here if you have to argue about THAT. I'm talking about the TITLE.
I'm responding to your post.

They need to take his Pilot's license away

"They" are the FAA.

Don't even get me started.

faa-sequester.jpg

Forum List

Back