Harry reid should be impeached !!

News from The Associated Press

so if ole Harry took illegal money to gain a seat in the senate, isn't that fraud ? also shouldn't that invalidate his position ?

it is NO different than if you or i took a bribe when sitting on a jury !!

It's hysterical that the basis of his appeal is that his conduct is protected by the 1A, while dems all over have been pushing for campaign finance restrictions in defiance of the 1A.

Google is your friend. So is the Constitution. Members of Congress cannot be impeached.

Harry Reid is a Senator, not a Congressman. This is his last term and he has already announced his retirement. I lived in Nevada, Reid is so loved because of the pork he spread around that the people in Nevada would certainly go to the mat for him.

so if ole Harry took illegal money to gain a seat in the senate, isn't that fraud ? also shouldn't that invalidate his position ?

He already laid the groundwork for a "plausible deniability" defense that will let him get away with it.

Reid was not accused of any wrongdoing. He has said he was unaware of any potential problems with the money he received.

"I received $25 million. He raised $150,000," Reid told the Las Vegas Sun earlier this week. "I had money coming in from other places."

my most important take on this headline is it is from the AP... :clap2:

May 29, 8:13 PM EDT

Developer guilty of illegal contributions to Reid

By SCOTT SONNER
Associated Press

Google is your friend. So is the Constitution. Members of Congress cannot be impeached.

No, but if you bother to do a search yourself, you would find this:

Under Article I, Section 5, clause 2, of the Constitution, a Member of Congress
may be removed from office before the normal expiration of his or her constitutional
term by an "expulsion" from the Senate (if a Senator) or from the House of
Representatives (if a Representative) upon a formal vote on a resolution agreed to by
two-thirds of the Members of the respective body present and voting.

However, in Dingy Harry's case, this ain't ever gonna happen. He's the Majority Leader which means he just about controls everything and certainly isn't gonna let anything happen to mar his dynasty.

No, but if you bother to do a search yourself, you would find this:

Under Article I, Section 5, clause 2, of the Constitution, a Member of Congress
may be removed from office before the normal expiration of his or her constitutional
term by an "expulsion" from the Senate (if a Senator) or from the House of
Representatives (if a Representative) upon a formal vote on a resolution agreed to by
two-thirds of the Members of the respective body present and voting.

However, in Dingy Harry's case, this ain't ever gonna happen. He's the Majority Leader which means he just about controls everything and certainly isn't gonna let anything happen to mar his dynasty.

Yes, I know that, but it's not impeachment....is it?

or he could always be recalled, but what is the likelyhood of that happening either? Not much.

Reid should have been indicted for treason when he tried to impact the morale of the Troops by telling them "the war is lost" just before the Troop Surge in Iraq. Nobody in the mainstream media ever asked him what the hell he was trying to do.

or he could always be recalled, but what is the likelyhood of that happening either? Not much.

Dingy Harry has an enormous political machine in Nevada and there's no way a recall motion would get off the ground.

Which means, of course, that The People of the Great State of Nevada want him representing them in Congress...right? And, The People rule this country...right?

Dingy Harry has an enormous political machine in Nevada and there's no way a recall motion would get off the ground.

Which means, of course, that The People of the Great State of Nevada want him representing them in Congress...right? And, The People rule this country...right?

If the People of the Great State of Nevada wanted him to represent them in Congress, they would have elected him to the Congress. They elected him to the Senate.

Okay, do Americans today really not know that there is a Congress and a Senate?

I do not like Harry Reid. After living in Nevada for awhile I can tell you flat out that Reid has so loaded the state with pork, he could very well serve for life if he chose to. Every time you turn around there is a Harry Reid something, a bridge, a pantry, a medical clinic, something. Harry Reid is from Searchlight, Nevada. Have you ever been to Searchlight? It is a wide place in the road between Laughlin and Las Vegas. It has a gas station. Rural Nevada, which is most of Nevada, has received particular attention from the Reid machine. Las Vegas and Reno were left to the Unions, while Harry Reid made lovers of the rural and small town population.

We have this thing called burden of proof.

Reid was not accused of any wrongdoing. He has said he was unaware of any potential problems with the money he received.

"I received $25 million. He raised $150,000," Reid told the Las Vegas Sun earlier this week. "I had money coming in from other places."

Harry Reid is a faithful Democratic dog who has porked his State big time. Thats why he keeps getting re-elected. He brings it all home.

He's let loads of bills passed by the House sit on his desk for years. Hell he's declared anything the House sends is DOA. What a partisan hack he truly is.

He was also instrumental in getting that POS ACA passed.

Too bad he's retiring because once that trainwreck hits I doubt the Dems will be looked upon with favor.

Forum List

Back