Harry's "Knock Out" Game

Just wondering...

What do you think of Obama's bitch (Harry Reid) and fellow Democrats "sucker punching" an over 200 year Senate tradition?

It's pretty obvious it pissed me off, I've been noticeably grumpy, actually...:eusa_doh:

:night:
Enough with the 200 year Senate tradition. The tradition of the Senate is an up-down vote (51% of senators decide the outcome of a nomination rather than 60%). If you check the constitution you will find their is no mention of a procedure to require a supermajority. The constitution only called for a majority and not a super-majority. A majority is the tradition, NOT A SUPER MAJORITY.
"The history of the "nuclear" option, though not the name, has been traced to an opinion written by then-Vice President Richard Nixon in 1957, while he held the title President of the Senate. Nixon's opinion stated that the Constitution grants the presiding officer of the Senate the authority to override Senate rules by making a ruling that is then upheld by a majority vote. Senator Trent Lott (R-Miss.) first used the term "nuclear option" for this maneuver in March 2003."

Oh, would trent lott be considered bush's bitch? Just wondering ......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option

Last edited:
Just wondering...

What do you think of Obama's bitch (Harry Reid) and fellow Democrats "sucker punching" an over 200 year Senate tradition?

It's pretty obvious it pissed me off, I've been noticeably grumpy, actually...:eusa_doh:

:night:
Enough with the 200 year Senate tradition. The nuclear option was last invoked in 2003 by trent lott (R - Miss).

"The history of the "nuclear" option, though not the name, has been traced to an opinion written by then-Vice President Richard Nixon in 1957, while he held the title President of the Senate. Nixon's opinion stated that the Constitution grants the presiding officer of the Senate the authority to override Senate rules by making a ruling that is then upheld by a majority vote. Senator Trent Lott (R-Miss.) first used the term "nuclear option" for this maneuver in March 2003."

Oh, would trent lott be considered bush's bitch? Just wondering ......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option

I dont recall Trent Lott doing away with 60 votes to close a filibuster.
That means you're full of shit. What a shock.

Forum List

Back