Harvard Economist: Immigration Costs US Workers $500 Billion A Year

Getting rid of investors would be easier.

That's retarded.

That's retarded.

-I don't have investors and I'm doing well.

-Most, if not all of the companies the BK'd due to the BushCo financial crash don't have investors anymore and are doing well.

-Walmart raised prices three years ago to develop capital to take the company private. If investors are so good for a company, why would they do that.

You see, back in the good ole 90's when we had great consumer spending, investors were making great money. In the 2000's (the decade of Visa card leverage) investors made great money. In 2007 when the shit hit the fan, investors weren't making good money. Companies wanting to keep the investors took the avenue of cutting workers and workers salaries, far be it from cutting Ivory tower salaries, unless of course the CEO is/was female.

Investors are the worst of the worst.

How can anyone honestly claim immigration doesn't harm American workers if data like that is accurate?

Immigration effectively redistributes half a trillion dollars from U.S. workers to the businesses that hire immigrants each year, Harvard economist and immigration and wages expert George Borjas testified before Congress Wednesday.
Thanks for confirming what I've been saying. "They" want the market flooded with workers. It keeps wages down.

How can anyone honestly claim immigration doesn't harm American workers if data like that is accurate?

Immigration effectively redistributes half a trillion dollars from U.S. workers to the businesses that hire immigrants each year, Harvard economist and immigration and wages expert George Borjas testified before Congress Wednesday.

More Canadian math?

The 2015 US workers income was $15T. So $500B is what percent?

Where do you think he got his math wrong?

I don't 'think' he got his math wrong. What percentage of $15T is $500B? AND, is that an issue?
now don't get bripat doing math he will lose it ... get a major head ache

LOL.... The 'guys' a paid Koch whore, what would you expect. He failed at pushing the Canadian pipeline so now he pushes Koch investments.

What the Harvard economist is saying is that immigrants add $1.6 trillion to the US GDP every year. Most of that goes to the immigrants.

$400 billion goes to the native born population. And most of that goes to the employers and investors instead of the workers.

In short, immigrants are a net financial gain. Just not to the average worker. They are a net gain for the one percenters.

Immigration and the American Worker

Yes redistributing to the wealthy. They benefit from cheaper labor.
They benefit from not paying the American without a high school diploma as little as possible. That's who the economist says is being harmed the most. You know...those people the Right scorns for asking for a higher minimum wage.

Those are the people the economist says are being robbed.

Don't think it is just the lowest paid, includes guest workers. Those are often better paying jobs.
Read the link. I even quoted him: "Immigration has its largest negative impact on the wage of native workers who lack a high school diploma".
Lack a high school diploma, aka Democrats

Lack a high school diploma, aka Democrats

Privatizing public education, aka Republicans.

More Canadian math?

The 2015 US workers income was $15T. So $500B is what percent?

I don't 'think' he got his math wrong. What percentage of $15T is $500B? AND, is that an issue?

LOL.... The 'guys' a paid Koch whore, what would you expect. He failed at pushing the Canadian pipeline so now he pushes Koch investments.

What Koch investments would that be, phony millionaire douche bag?

Getting rid of investors would be easier.

That's retarded.

That's retarded.

-I don't have investors and I'm doing well.

-Most, if not all of the companies the BK'd due to the BushCo financial crash don't have investors anymore and are doing well.

-Walmart raised prices three years ago to develop capital to take the company private. If investors are so good for a company, why would they do that.

You see, back in the good ole 90's when we had great consumer spending, investors were making great money. In the 2000's (the decade of Visa card leverage) investors made great money. In 2007 when the shit hit the fan, investors weren't making good money. Companies wanting to keep the investors took the avenue of cutting workers and workers salaries, far be it from cutting Ivory tower salaries, unless of course the CEO is/was female.

Investors are the worst of the worst.

So why not just tell consumers to go out and spend more?

Not sure if that number reflects massive Illegal Immigration as well. Because the number could be higher.

Good to see the price has gone down from $500B to $100B.

What inflation?

Democrats don't care if working Americans are hurt by their ignorant policies.

Because. Did you notice for awhile all the service companies were crying that they couldn't find anyone to work? So they raise wages as high as $15. But they REFUSED to go any higher, even though they still needed help. Business owners are only willing to pay so much. At some point they just say fuck it and don't grow.

So if they want to grow, they need people who will work at $15 hr. That's immigrants.

Do you think without immigrants eventually McD jobs would pay a living wage? One where the worker can pay rent, bills, food, car, insurance, etc? That would be nice. If we completely cut off immigration and eventually even Walmart jobs could afford a person to raise a family of 4? Is that your goal?

I think it's a fairy tale. So companies need workers and we need immigrants to keep this economy going.

I want my social security and medicare. That means we need more workers paying more FICA taxes or whatever they call them. Feed the beast!

My dad got a dream job when he came from Greece. The job was offered to students at the culinary arts school. He was a cook at Ford. The Lincoln plant. None of the American students wanted the job because it started at 4am. I wonder what jobs those culinary arts idiots got 30 years ago and how much they have now. My dad has $800K in net worth. A freakin cook! No high school diploma!

Americans didn't want that job. It was a dream job for a cook. Insurance, pension, a union to protect him, profit sharing, retirement benefits, the A plan. Shit!

This country needs immigrants or it will become a 3rd world country.

Forum List

Back