Harvard Economist: Immigration Costs US Workers $500 Billion A Year

Now that you know the REAL causes of wage stagnation and declining LFPR, stop blaming the immigrant darkies.

Sorry, I still believe in the Law of Supply and Demand.

And you lose credibility when you use the Race Card.

YOur explanation of the Tax Expenditure was very good. I have supported radical tax reform in the past, and will do so again if it every gets any traction.

But today the issues front and center are Immigration and Trade and we can do some good with those.

It is interesting that trump is saying the same thing about immigration and trade that the unions did before the republicans destroyed them. Make America great again? So like back to when unions were strong?

Maybe if the Unions actually started representing the interests of workers instead of being a wing of the democratic party, they would get more members.

I think the republican attacks have pushed them more to the Dems. They can't vote for the guys attacking them so they move to the other party.

This attack on unions has been a disaster. We were told it would raise wages, they are stagnant. Union auto workers make more than non Union. It has only suppressed wages.

I like how you complain about "finger pointing" while pointing a finger at REpublcians for Tax Loopholes, but fail to mention the protection the Dems give to Teacher's Unions.

Also, the "failure" of the education system is primarily a reflection of the breakdown of the Family.

Yes. Automation and Technology is part it.

We've been waiting for technology and smarter work to improve things in the US for a while.

It isn't happening.

Making shirts might not be a 25$ an hour job.

There are plenty of Americans that are willing to work 10$ an hour jobs.

These republican attacks on teachers unions isn't helping wages. Public teachers make way more than private. You keep pushimg private schools that pay teachers less.

Should I be sorry for wanting more control and choices for parents?

They have a poor record of success. They are really an attack on teachers and wages.

As a supporter of such programs in the past, that was not my intent.

I'm not sure where you get that idea.

I hope it is not based on an assumption that all Rightwingers are by definition Evul?

But you have to admit lower wages will be the result of pushing more students private. And there is no evidence they get a better education.

So, are you dropping your accusation that Right Wing attempts at Education reform were actually "attacks" on teachers and wages?

These republican attacks on teachers unions isn't helping wages. Public teachers make way more than private. You keep pushimg private schools that pay teachers less.

They have a poor record of success. They are really an attack on teachers and wages.

I hope it is not based on an assumption that all Rightwingers are by definition Evul?

But you have to admit lower wages will be the result of pushing more students private. And there is no evidence they get a better education.

So, are you dropping your accusation that Right Wing attempts at Education reform were actually "attacks" on teachers and wages?

Looking at the results and their history of attacking unions that is hard to do. I've no doubt most repubs thought it was ment to help students. But they hate teachers unions so why wouldn't it be an attack?

Now that you know the REAL causes of wage stagnation and declining LFPR, stop blaming the immigrant darkies.

YOur explanation of the Tax Expenditure was very good. I have supported radical tax reform in the past, and will do so again if it every gets any traction.

But today the issues front and center are Immigration and Trade and we can do some good with those.

It is interesting that trump is saying the same thing about immigration and trade that the unions did before the republicans destroyed them. Make America great again? So like back to when unions were strong?

Maybe if the Unions actually started representing the interests of workers instead of being a wing of the democratic party, they would get more members.

I think the republican attacks have pushed them more to the Dems. They can't vote for the guys attacking them so they move to the other party.

This attack on unions has been a disaster. We were told it would raise wages, they are stagnant. Union auto workers make more than non Union. It has only suppressed wages.

I think

I think you are ignoring the history of Ideology as it has effected political developments.

Regardless of how we got here, if a large Union supported, say Trump and his Trade and Immigration Policies, I would imagine that would be a big draw for new members and sites.

And maybe FLIP the GOP on the issue of Unions.

Or are you not about issues and more about Party?

Looking at the results and their history of attacking unions that is hard to do. I've no doubt most repubs thought it was ment to help students. But they hate teachers unions so why wouldn't it be an attack?

You are confusing cause and effect.

We "hate" Teachers Unions, because they protect bad teachers, and resist attempts to improve Education.

I think

I think you are ignoring the history of Ideology as it has effected political developments.

Regardless of how we got here, if a large Union supported, say Trump and his Trade and Immigration Policies, I would imagine that would be a big draw for new members and sites.

I'm an independent.

Trump is a bad example. Most people rightfully question if he will do what he is claiming and if he can.

I think Union support could flip if the politics changed. But with repubs pushng vouchers and right to work for less that isn't going to happen.

I think

I'm an independent.

Trump is a bad example. Most people rightfully question if he will do what he is claiming and if he can.

I think Union support could flip if the politics changed. But with repubs pushng vouchers and right to work for less that isn't going to happen.

All candidates are questioned as to if they can or will do what they promise.

And I didn't say flip the Unions.

I said the Unions could FLIP the GOP.

To be PRO-UNION.

You are confusing cause and effect.

We "hate" Teachers Unions, because they protect bad teachers, and resist attempts to improve Education.

And vote for democrats. Why not work with them and dump vouchers for less protections for teachers? I think the majority are good btw. And even the public teachers aren't paid that well based on education and importance of the job.

You have shown a problem, but what makes you sure too much immigration is not also a problem?
I have shown the much bigger causes. Immigration is a very, very tiny part of the problem. Demagogues have played on the bigotry of the rubes to blow that tiny problem way, way out of proportion in order to distract them from the MUCH bigger causes.

Like I said, no one wants to blame themselves, which is what they should be doing. So of course they are prone to drink the piss of anyone who finds them a scapegoat to blame.

They have no idea how stupid they sound when they say their problems are "because Mexicans".

I think

I'm an independent.

All candidates are questioned as to if they can or will do what they promise.

And I didn't say flip the Unions.

I said the Unions could FLIP the GOP.

To be PRO-UNION.

Would the gop flip? They have a lot of big donors that like low wages.

Lots of angry IT people who are unemployed while we bring in lots of guest workers.
Is that the immigrants' fault, or is that the CEO's fault?

I find it funny the rubes only heard part of the message. The one that says immigrants are the cause of lower wages.

The part they didn't hear, and choose not to hear, is that it is people on the low end of the economy are suffering the most. These are the people the Right scorn for asking for a higher minimum wage. So the Right is in cahoots with the CEOs who suppress wages and hire immigrants willing to work for those low wages.

Lots of angry IT people who are unemployed while we bring in lots of guest workers.

I find it funny the rubes only heard part of the message. The one that says immigrants are the cause of lower wages.

The part they didn't hear, and choose not to hear, is that it is people on the low end of the economy are suffering the most. These are the people the Right scorn for asking for a higher minimum wage. So the Right is in cahoots with the CEOs who suppress wages and hire immigrants willing to work for those low wages.

The ceos are paying the politicians to let them in. It is clearly the ceos fault. I don't blame the immigrants, everyone should want to move here. I just don't think our economy can handle so many right now. Out of control inequality has slowed us down.

Capitalists like cheap labor? Shocking...

What's your point?
You let the capitalists get their way by keeping the border open and refusing to issue a National ID. You fucked yourselves, don't blame the capitalists.
I'm keeping the border open? If anyone's doing that, it's the Democrat party. You're the one who fucked me.
Two Bushes, Nixon, Ford, and Reagan didn't close the border and you're blaming the Dems? Blame yourself, piss freak.

The Democrats whined and pleaded with Reagan to sign the amnesty bill. You're douche bag attempt to blame Republicans is duly noted. No one is fooled.

BTW, both Bushes were open-borders douche bags, just like Obama.
Reagan had it right, the Republicans in congress SCREWED him....

Reagan's proposal had huge penalties and jail time for the businesses that hire illegals in his Amnesty proposal,

the Republicans in congress were lobbied by the Chamber of Commerce and the Small Business Association, and at their bequest, removed the harsh penalties for Businesses that hire the illegals...

read up on it....your party is who screwed America and Americans....all for money...

The Democrats whined and pleaded with Reagan to sign the amnesty bill.
What a complete crock of shit.

Reagan address on immigration and refugee policy:
Illegal immigrants in considerable numbers have become productive members of our society and are a basic part of our work force. Those who have established equities in the United States should be recognized and accorded legal status.

We shall continue America's tradition as a land that welcomes peoples from other countries. We shall also, with other countries, continue to share in the responsibility of welcoming and resettling those who flee oppression.

What did you expect him to say, that he's signing the bill even though it's going to screw America? The fact is that Democrats promised to control the border if Reagan signed the bill. The had no intention of doing that.

The ceos are paying the politicians to let them in. It is clearly the ceos fault. I don't blame the immigrants, everyone should want to move here. I just don't think our economy can handle so many right now. Out of control inequality has slowed us down.

Why don't you blame the politicians who are the only ones who have the power to do anything about it?

What's your point?
You let the capitalists get their way by keeping the border open and refusing to issue a National ID. You fucked yourselves, don't blame the capitalists.
I'm keeping the border open? If anyone's doing that, it's the Democrat party. You're the one who fucked me.
Two Bushes, Nixon, Ford, and Reagan didn't close the border and you're blaming the Dems? Blame yourself, piss freak.

The Democrats whined and pleaded with Reagan to sign the amnesty bill. You're douche bag attempt to blame Republicans is duly noted. No one is fooled.

Reagan's proposal had huge penalties and jail time for the businesses that hire illegals in his Amnesty proposal,

the Republicans in congress were lobbied by the Chamber of Commerce and the Small Business Association, and at their bequest, removed the harsh penalties for Businesses that hire the illegals...

read up on it....your party is who screwed America and Americans....all for money...

The penalties and jail time are still there. The scumbag Obama simply doesn't enforce them.

The penalties and jail time are still there. The scumbag Obama simply doesn't enforce them.
nope, the original penalties for businesses hiring illegals in the Reagan amnesty proposal, HAD BITE, to them....the Republicans in Congress watered them down at the request of their Business Buddies, to where they meant nothing but a slap on the wrist....

if there were no jobs for illegals, illegals would not come here in droves....

We don't even need a wall, or deportation, if businesses followed the law and were worried about going to jail or losing their business....if they hired even one illegal...

As long as jobs are available, we will continue to see illegals staying here and coming here.

nope, the original penalties for businesses hiring illegals in the Reagan amnesty proposal, HAD BITE, to them....the Republicans in Congress watered them down at the request of their Business Buddies, to where they meant nothing but a slap on the wrist....

We don't even need a wall, or deportation, if businesses followed the law and were worried about going to jail or losing their business....if they hired even one illegal...

As long as jobs are available, we will continue to see illegals staying here and coming here.
Name the Bill where Republicans watered down the penalties for employers

Why don't you blame the politicians who are the only ones who have the power to do anything about it?

Them too.

Name the Bill where Republicans watered down the penalties for employers
the REAGAN AMNESTY BILL, I already told you.... look it up and read about it...

Forum List

Back