Has any private citizen EVER fired more than 20 shots in Self-Defense? EVER?

Can I respectfully ask why?

I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P compact .40. 10 rounds. I have an extra 10 round mag in the truck, with an extra box of ammo (not loaded, dont want the spring to wear down). I've never felt under-armed for what I may realistically face (although unlikely).

I can carry two extra mags in the holster, so I do.

Just as when I get in the car, my gun comes out of the holster and under the handtowel I keep on the passenger seat. When I park the car, the gun goes back in the holster.

I won't get caught not being able to reach my gun again.

It must be terrible to live in such fear.

I've got 3 fire extinguisher in my home. Is that living in fear? I don't think so. I consider it being prepared to protect myself, my family and my home in case of fire. Having a firearm is to be prepared to protect myself, my family and my home from scumbags who would wish to bring harm. Prepardness doesn't equal fear, it equals common sense.

Just as when I get in the car, my gun comes out of the holster and under the handtowel I keep on the passenger seat. When I park the car, the gun goes back in the holster.

I've got 3 fire extinguisher in my home. Is that living in fear? I don't think so. I consider it being prepared to protect myself, my family and my home in case of fire. Having a firearm is to be prepared to protect myself, my family and my home from scumbags who would wish to bring harm. Prepardness doesn't equal fear, it equals common sense.

Do you carry it on the car seat next to you under a towel? This is no way to live. I live in a country where people do not even think about carrying firearms. To me, this is freedom.

Live life serving others and there ARE no scumbags to fear. People in power know you and protect you when your community knows and respects you.

Assholes attract scumbags like shit draws flies, however.

Regards from Rosie

Do you carry it on the car seat next to you under a towel? This is no way to live. I live in a country where people do not even think about carrying firearms. To me, this is freedom.

I carry one in every vehicle I own. Granted I have to by law on my company trucks, but there's also one in my private car and my wife's car. As for living in a free country, in a free country those who obey the law should have the right to own and carry a firearm if they choose to and in a nation that disallows this you are not trully free. There's an old saying, "Free men have guns, slaves don't" and that is something I believe and something history has shown us going back thousands of years when only the Nobility where allowed arms not the peasants. I saw a movie once where only the cops and military were armed, it was called Schindler's list. Ever see it? Tell me who you think were the "free" men in that movie. The ones with the guns or the ones without?

Live life serving others and there ARE no scumbags to fear. People in power know you and protect you when your community knows and respects you. What a dumbass. You mean like the Nazis protected their Jewish citizens, their mentally disabled citizens? The citizens in the nations they conquered? You mean like how the Chinese govt protected those students at Tiananmen Square? You mean how the Soviet govt proteced the Czechs? You mean how Pol Pot's govt protected the Cambodians? You mean how our federal govt protected the Japanese Americans during WWII? You mean how the Soviet's Red Army protected millions of conquered people? No thanks. There's thousands of Christian Martyrs, STARTING WITH JESUS CHRIST who would say you're an idiot. We won't even get into those like MLK jr and the thousands of other political martyrs who where slaughtered while "serving others". Keep going and you'll get the top ten dumbest posts on this board before the day is over.

Assholes attract scumbags like shit draws flies, however. So you're telling us you're surrounded by scumbags? Buy a gun dumbass.
Regards from Rosie

By the way, that asinine, stupid unrealistic crap above, "People in power know you and protect you" is now the dumbest, most asinine thing I ever read here or anywhere else for that matter and I think this will be a record even you can never break.

Last edited:

I carry one in every vehicle I own. Granted I have to by law on my company trucks, but there's also one in my private car and my wife's car. As for living in a free country, in a free country those who obey the law should have the right to own and carry a firearm if they choose to and in a nation that disallows this you are not trully free. There's an old saying, "Free men have guns, slaves don't" and that is something I believe and something history has shown us going back thousands of years when only the Nobility where allowed arms not the peasants. I saw a movie once where only the cops and military were armed, it was called Schindler's list. Ever see it? Tell me who you think were the "free" men in that movie. The ones with the guns or the ones without?

There are a lot of stupid sayings, and I bet that you know most of them.

There are a lot of stupid sayings, and I bet that you know most of them.

I know lots of stupid people also, many I met right here, thanks for adding to my list.

Has any private citizen EVER fired more than 20 shots in Self-Defense? EVER?

Yes.

But once the tanks rolled in they lost their home

tanks1.jpg

Yeah, and i'm sure those in Norway felt the same way.:eusa_whistle:

Has a policeman ever fired more than 20 rounds in self-defense? Ever?

To answer your question Yes, most definitely and this is only one example.

1986 FBI Miami shootout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1986 FBI Miami shootout
The shootout involved ten people: two suspects and eight FBI agents. Of the ten, only one, Special Agent Manauzzi, did not fire any shots (firearm thrown from car in initial collision), while only one, Special Agent Risner, was able to emerge from the battle without a wound. The incident lasted under five minutes yet approximately 145 shots were exchanged.
Jerry Dove: Smith & Wesson Model 459 9mm pistol, 20+ rounds fired. Killed by two .223 gunshot wounds to the head.
Ronald Risner: Smith & Wesson Model 459 9mm pistol, 14 rounds fired, S&W Model 60 .38 Special revolver, one round .38 Special +P fired. Uninjured

Then based on the actions of these few cops, we clearly need to limit the amount of ammo all cops can carry.

WTF.... Where do you come up with this shit?
How the hell did you come to that conclusion?

Yeah, and i'm sure those in Norway felt the same way.:eusa_whistle:

These tragedies happen because of crazy people having guns.

Can I respectfully ask why?

I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P compact .40. 10 rounds. I have an extra 10 round mag in the truck, with an extra box of ammo (not loaded, dont want the spring to wear down). I've never felt under-armed for what I may realistically face (although unlikely).

It must be terrible to live in such ignorance and denial.

Does a grizzly bear "live in fear" because it never leaves its den without its claws and teeth?

Shows that even dumb animals have more common sense than you...

More than 6 bullets is called "overkill", moron. More than 10 bullets is called "self-proclaimed security expert overcompensating for a tiny penis", cretin.

Regards from Rosie

Really? So 6 bullets against a mob of 75 people is "overkill"?

God almighty are you a typical liberal broad. Full of penis-envy (hence the focus on that apendage when it is completely irrelevant to the discussion) creating a self-loathing inferiority complex, which in turn creates an irrational hostility towards men.

Do yourself a favor "Rosie" - either know what you're talking about before opening your mouth or just stick to your liberal day time shows that fill your head with irrational bullshit and leave the discussions to the rational adults.

Living in fear of "a mob" is rational. We are told to fear "the tyrants" of gov't who want to disarm then kill us; plus "a mob" (of 75 no less!!) who aim to kill us, too!!

And you jag-offs call yourselves "rational". Deluded is more like it.

I hope none of your loved ones has a gun accident. Gun accidents cause much more death and injury than imaginary tyrants and fake mobs do in any given year.

Grow the fuck up.

Regards from Rosie

Lets see - OWS (mobs that ended in both rape and murder), Rodney King riots (mobs that ended in both rape and murder), Watts riots (mobs that ended in both rape and murder), Hurricane Katrina (mobs that ended in both rape and murder), and many, many more.

But hey, keep pretending problems like this don't exist because your liberal idiot leaders tell you they don't. In the meantime, you and your god Joy Behar should go get therapy for your extraordinary penis-envy condition.

Funny thing about ignorant, immature liberal broads like Rosie. They'll be the first to scream and rant (like liberal broads do) about the rape of women in these riots, but would rather see their fellow females suffer those rapes than surrender any portion of the liberal agenda (hence the reason they asked women not to report all of the rapes during the OWS mob tragedy). Absolutely repulsive.

Does anyone believe that those who carry a gun behave differently than they would if they were unarmed? Those of you who always are armed, do you think you would act differently - be less cautious, more aggressive - if you did not have a gun in your possession?

Does anyone believe that those who carry a gun behave differently than they would if they were unarmed? Those of you who always are armed, do you think you would act differently - be less cautious, more aggressive - if you did not have a gun in your possession?

I would say that every person I know that actively carries a weapon with them on a daily basis are the most polite and even tempered people to be around.

We do discuss this and the consensus is that since we are carrying a deadly weapon, we don't go looking for fights. We don't want to get involved in a face to face confrontation.

We aren't going to bump chests with another person to prove we are tougher than they are.

Just an anecdotal story.. Three years ago a friend of mine started carrying. He was the type that would flip off another driver that wasn't driving fast enough, cut him off, etc. He would lay on his car horn two seconds after the light turned green.

Since he started carrying, he has turned almost mellow.

Well, when confronted with a potentially life threatening couple of thugs, I might act differently if I didn't have a gun . . . .

Well, when confronted with a potentially life threatening couple of thugs, I might act differently if I didn't have a gun . . . .

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

Thought it was pretty obvious.

If I get approached by a couple of would be street robbers and they have a lead or brass or copper pipe to demonstrate that they mean business, if I happen to be carrying a handgun, I might pull it on them to try to fend them off. Heck, if they persisted at that point, I might even fire the weapon.

On the other hand, if I have no gun, then one of three things is likely to happen.

1. they rob me, possibly hurting me or killing me in the process. Or

2. I try to fight them off without the aid of a gun, and we probably end up back at option 1. Or

3. I turn tail, act the coward, and run like hell hoping to hell that I am faster than they are.

Forum List

Back