Has any private citizen EVER fired more than 20 shots in Self-Defense? EVER?

I can carry two extra mags in the holster, so I do.

Just as when I get in the car, my gun comes out of the holster and under the handtowel I keep on the passenger seat. When I park the car, the gun goes back in the holster.

I won't get caught not being able to reach my gun again.

It must be terrible to live in such fear.

It must be terrible to live in such ignorance and denial.

Does a grizzly bear "live in fear" because it never leaves its den without its claws and teeth?

Shows that even dumb animals have more common sense than you...

I do not live in ignorance or denial. I live a free life without fear and paranoia. I live a safe and happy life and so does my family. How would a grizzly bear go about leaving its' den without its' teeth and claws?

Last edited:

Does a grizzly bear "live in fear" because it never leaves its den without its claws and teeth?

I do not live in ignorance or denial. I live a free life without fear and paranoia. I live a safe and happy life and so does my family. How would a grizzly bear go about leaving its' den without its' teeth and claws?

Exactly... defense is so critical, nature won't even let animals leave their "homes" without their defense mechanisms. And yet you walk around in a zombie-like stupor somehow believing you lead a better life because "ignorance is bliss".

There are bad people out there. There are so many bad people out there, are prisons are literally filled with MILLIONS of prisoners. That's right, no hundreds, not thousands, MILLIONS. How many robereries occur every year? How many rapes? How many murders? Seriously, the numbers are catastrophic. To pretend like you don't need to take simple, basic precautions is pure absurdity. If you want to pretend your "safe and happy" - knock yourself out kid. You're the only one who will pay the price.

Like ALL animals in the entire world, I recognize it is in fact a dangerous world and that I better have my defense mechanisms with me - both in the home and when I leave.

Funny, you never see a deer "relax" and just walk up to houses. You never see a rabbit "relax" and let people pet it. Humans are supposed to be the most "intelligent" of the animal kingdom, and yet we have so many liberals who walk around in their "ignorance is bliss" stupor pretending they are completely safe and exempt from harm :cuckoo:

Some folks have watched too much Walking Dead and Doomsday Preppers.

Ok. When was the last time a private citizen had to fight off a spontaneous "mob" with a rifle?

Ok. When was the last time a private citizen had to fight off a spontaneous "mob" with a rifle?

Ask those korean store owners during the Rodney King riots.

Also, just because I don't currently have to exercise or have exercised in the past a right, does not mean i want to get rid of it.

I have never had to invoke my right to require a warrant to search my apartment or car, nor invoked my right to trial by jury, or my rights against self incrimination, double jeopardy, or cruel or unusual punishment. Nevertheless I want those rights retained in case I DO need them, and I want the right preserved for others as well who currently need them.

The 2nd amendment to me is no different.

Exactly... defense is so critical, nature won't even let animals leave their "homes" without their defense mechanisms. And yet you walk around in a zombie-like stupor somehow believing you lead a better life because "ignorance is bliss".

There are bad people out there. There are so many bad people out there, are prisons are literally filled with MILLIONS of prisoners. That's right, no hundreds, not thousands, MILLIONS. How many robereries occur every year? How many rapes? How many murders? Seriously, the numbers are catastrophic. To pretend like you don't need to take simple, basic precautions is pure absurdity. If you want to pretend your "safe and happy" - knock yourself out kid. You're the only one who will pay the price.

Like ALL animals in the entire world, I recognize it is in fact a dangerous world and that I better have my defense mechanisms with me - both in the home and when I leave.

Funny, you never see a deer "relax" and just walk up to houses. You never see a rabbit "relax" and let people pet it. Humans are supposed to be the most "intelligent" of the animal kingdom, and yet we have so many liberals who walk around in their "ignorance is bliss" stupor pretending they are completely safe and exempt from harm :cuckoo:

:confused: Wait a minute. In some threads, we hear the right talk about how Americas violent crime rate is actually quite low by global standards, despite having the most guns per capita. But now, you tell us the rapes, robberies, murders are so out of control? Which is it?

I own and carry. But I feel safe 99% of the time, even if not armed. I dont frequent the drug infested parts of town. I dont buy dope. I dont date clinically insane people. My life is basically work, the gym, the grocery store, maybe a movie, dog park, beach, repeat. I dont feel I am ever in any true danger.

The cheeseburgers at fast food joints offer more danger to my life than does a stranger. Thats a fact for almost all Americans who dont live in a drug infested shithole. Almost all acts ov violence are done by drug abuse, love, or a family member.

I've got 3 fire extinguisher in my home. Is that living in fear? I don't think so. I consider it being prepared to protect myself, my family and my home in case of fire. Having a firearm is to be prepared to protect myself, my family and my home from scumbags who would wish to bring harm. Prepardness doesn't equal fear, it equals common sense.

Do you carry it on the car seat next to you under a towel? This is no way to live. I live in a country where people do not even think about carrying firearms. To me, this is freedom.

Good... Stay there and and bug out of Americans business.

Read up on what ACTUALLY went down on Ruby Ridge.

Look into the LA riots in early 90's...

Thought ya just wanted a logical answer....ya got that two pages ago.

OWS in New York, OWS in Seattle, OWS in Sacramento, OWS in Chicago.... should I continue?

Seriously bucs90, it's time to grow up. Denying reality is just stupid.

First you claim that there was no scenario in which 20 rounds were needed. When I proved that wrong, you're now going to another absurd approach. Every riot in world history was "spontaneous". Ever hear of people holding meetings to plan riots months in advance? :cuckoo:

Read up on what ACTUALLY went down on Ruby Ridge.

Look into the LA riots in early 90's...

Thought ya just wanted a logical answer....ya got that two pages ago.

He doesn't want a logical answer, he's a liberal troll just trying to press buttons.

I own and carry. But I feel safe 99% of the time, even if not armed. Almost all acts ov violence are done by drug abuse, love, or a family member.

So you don't have any family or love? :cuckoo:

Seriously, this post is conservative GOLD! This will go down as a classic to be repeated for the existence of USMB.

"I feel safe 99% of the time - almost all acts of violence are done by love or a family member" :lmao:

Seriously folks - you just can't make up this kind of stupidity.

I own and carry. But I feel safe 99% of the time, even if not armed. I dont frequent the drug infested parts of town. I dont buy dope. I dont date clinically insane people. My life is basically work, the gym, the grocery store, maybe a movie, dog park, beach, repeat. I dont feel I am ever in any true danger.

The cheeseburgers at fast food joints offer more danger to my life than does a stranger. Thats a fact for almost all Americans who dont live in a drug infested shithole. Almost all acts ov violence are done by drug abuse, love, or a family member.

This keeps getting funnier every time I read it... I never stop being amazed at how liberals contradict themselves. All you have to do is give a liberal enough rope and they will hang themselves every time. I suspect this is why they are always so angry and violent (violent that is, with the weak and timid - complete and total cowards with those that are not vulnerable).

Los Angeles riots, to name one......Those Korean Business owners down in South Central weren't taking shit from anybody, and they damn sure knew the fucking cops weren't doing shit to protect 'em.....In fact, the cops turned tail and ran.

It's just too bad Reginald Denny wasn't packing.

I want some facts and truthiness. Has ANY private citizen (not a cop, solider, militia, security guard)....EVER needed more than 20 shots for any single incident of self-defense? I tried researching it, and I cant fine a single incident. Ever. I found one website with a lot of good stats from the NRA's own sources: The Thinking Gunfighter: Self Defense Findings

How many self defense situations required a "reload"? : About 1/2 of 1% it says, so, 0.5%.

How many shots are fired by the defender? : In most cases, about 2. Yes, TWO.

The average number of shots fired by the defender? 2. The median? 2.

It says the majority of cases where more than 2 were fired were the defender simply shooting the gun until empty, out of reaction, not necessity.

Out 482 shooting incidents studied (By the NRA), only 3 required a reload. 1 of the 3 was to kill a Lion (like the cat) who escaped, and a large cal revolver was used, needing 13 shots to kill the animal.

The largest number of "attackers" reported, across the country, was 7...where 7 men tried to do a home invasion. The home owner fought them off, killed 2, wounded 1................with a SHOTGUN.

Im trying to find an example. And I cant. I cant find one single example of a private citizen needing a 30 round magazine to fight off intruders or attackers. Not one. Not one single incident. In fact, every single incident seems that a 15 round magazine would be PLENTY to get the job done....yep, even if the attacker is an African Lion.

Im a gun rights supporter, but I also try to see both sides of all issues. Well....Im having trouble justifying the need for 30, 45, 50, or 100 round magazines in the hands of private citizens. Should they be banned? I dont think so. It wouldnt change anything except add more work for the understaffed PD's to enforce yet another law. But, is there a justified NEED for them? Absolutely not.

I bet you can't find a single Police Officer who has fired more than 20 shots in self defense or defense of the public. Do you want to limit their ammunition too?

I want some facts and truthiness. Has ANY private citizen (not a cop, solider, militia, security guard)....EVER needed more than 20 shots for any single incident of self-defense? I tried researching it, and I cant fine a single incident.
So what?
20/30rd magazines are the standard for the weapons protected by the 2nd,
There'a a reason why the military issues these magazines; it is the exact same reason they are protected by the 2nd.

Living in fear of "a mob" is rational.

And you jag-offs call yourselves "rational". Deluded is more like it.

Regards from Rosie

Yeah, it's soooo "delusional" to prepare for more than a single threat.

Wait a second... here is a story of THREE intruders attacking a home (count 'em - 1, 2, 3....). Since you're clearly the expert on guns and security Rosie, why don't you tell us how having 6 bullets is "overkill" for "small penis" individuals like you did before?

Don't let the FACTS smack you in the face Rosie. Now go run off to Joy Behar and let her tell you how you're "safe" while both of you stew in your penis-envy.

Guess the Ending: Trio of Suspected Armed Robbers Tries ?Violently? Breaking Into Home of Dad and His 2-Year-Old Son and? | Video | TheBlaze.com

Pistorius killed with 4. Actually 3 did the job, but he squeezed off 4.
Zimmerman killed with 1.

Averaging, that's 2.5. Rounding up, you get 3.

3 bullets are the ideal killing number

Regards from Rosie

Cops routinely shoot people 5 or more times, and then watch them walk to the ambulance when it shows up.

Zimmerman killed with 1.

Regards from Rosie

Tell that to Reginald Deny you fool.....

Like the typical uneducated liberal discussing an issue they know absolutely NOTHING about (in this case - security), you make wild and irrational assumptions based strictly on TWO situations that neatly fit with your predetermined conclusion.

You start with your conclusion, then look for any "facts" that will support that conclusion. The world has been filled with millions of shooting since the beginning of time - perhaps you might want to explore data from more than TWO shootings that just happen to fit your agenda?

God almighty are you an idiot....

More than 6 bullets is called "overkill", moron. More than 10 bullets is called "self-proclaimed security expert overcompensating for a tiny penis", cretin.

Regards from Rosie

Most pistols hold more than 10 rounds.

This keeps getting funnier every time I read it... I never stop being amazed at how liberals contradict themselves. All you have to do is give a liberal enough rope and they will hang themselves every time. I suspect this is why they are always so angry and violent (violent that is, with the weak and timid - complete and total cowards with those that are not vulnerable).

Well, its true. You ever worked a patrol in a shitty neighborhood? If not, try watching the First 48 just for a basic look.

Almost all murders are done by one of a few sources:

- Drug deals
- Domestic violence between family members
- Alcohol fueled fight between men, usually over women or drugs

The random murder by a stranger is quite rare. And most "stranger" murders are classified as that, but, even many of them are gang affiliated, where maybe the two didnt know each other, but they belong to gangs that did. But as much as actually working a patrol will show you the ugly side of America, it'll also let you see just how truly safe most people are in their homes in the suburbs and rural parts of the country. If you aren't dealing drugs, dating a psycho or a married woman, or picking fights at bars.....then well, your chance of being murdered is incredibly, astonishingly small.

I really dont know why you idiots keep referring to me as a liberal though. Maybe you haven't read most of my past posts...or even my avatar.

Zimmerman killed with 1.

Regards from Rosie

Tell that to Reginald Deny you fool.....

Like the typical uneducated liberal discussing an issue they know absolutely NOTHING about (in this case - security), you make wild and irrational assumptions based strictly on TWO situations that neatly fit with your predetermined conclusion.

You start with your conclusion, then look for any "facts" that will support that conclusion. The world has been filled with millions of shooting since the beginning of time - perhaps you might want to explore data from more than TWO shootings that just happen to fit your agenda?

God almighty are you an idiot....

More than 6 bullets is called "overkill", moron. More than 10 bullets is called "self-proclaimed security expert overcompensating for a tiny penis", cretin.
Thank you for your mindless, ignorant and bigoted opinion.
When you can otherwise speak to the issue, please let us know.

Forum List

Back