🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Has Black Lies Matter Already Launched a Slow Civil War?

Does anyone have a single example of BLM kicking out or denouncing any of these murderous appeals to kill cops and/or whites?
Does anyone have a single example of BLM kicking out or denouncing any of these murderous appeals to kill cops and/or whites?
How do you stop someone from using a hashtag?

Lame...keep trying, Peabody
Cant answer the question huh?
laugh.gif

You're trying to build a straw man, I'm not interested. Figure it out, Peewinkle
Whoever posted the retarded post built the strawman. I just knocked the shit out of it.

Yeah you keep posting how you "knock the shit out of it' but the truth of the matter is you're weak...and are trying to build a straw man. Now run along and be all militant and shit with someone who cares

Because it's speculation. If this guy comes out like Root and says he did it for that reason, then you'll have a point. Until then you're trying to connect dots that don't necessarily create a clear picture of the truth.

Technically it would be speculative, but given the environment it is undoubtedly a factor. Or do you seriously think that all these murders of our peace officers is coincidental with the call by BLM activists to do exactly that?

While I wouldn't write off a GOP candidate publicly calling for people to kill blacks, I would hope it would be universally rejected and not just by liberals.

I don't think that we have any GOP candidates that would call for any kind of racial discrimination, much less genocide, unless it were of whites.

Excellent start. Now, how do we determine if a policeman is "dirty"? Do YOU decide or should you file charges and let society decide? Because if YOU are the one deciding, then you really don't have a lot of difference between yourself and those who decide to shoot a Black person out of fear.
"We" dont do the determining. If there is no clear proof either way then I am ambivalent. For instance a cop could be an upstanding man of the people in his white community. However, when policing Blacks, he is a raging racist cave ape. That guy I would laugh when he was killed. You probably would mourn him. So your little question really has no merit because you dont determine how I judge someone and I could care less how you judge them.

So, by taking that stand, you're actually saying that individuals should judge, not society and that society shouldn't interfere with that judgment. Your opinion seems to be based on race and anarchy. That's sad.

If you really thing about it. Society is not in a position to judge. They cant possibly no the entire story unless they were there. There is a reason the cops play up the good side of officers. Its called swaying public opinion. On the other hand they play up the negative side of anyone they happen to shoot. If you note neither actions have anything to do with what actually occurred. The supposedly "good" cop could have been a racist and shot the supposedly "bad" civilian simply because he wanted to. Thats why video of these events has become so important. Now we see cops on tape doing the things the Black community has long accused them of doing like planting evidence.

Cops that behave that way will plant evidence on anyone they choose to victimize, not just Blacks. Some years ago, a young man I knew was shot and killed in Houston and the policeman put a pistol on the ground beside him. He was a white kid. Had nothing to do with race. And, Society is the only entity that should judge because it's made up of ALL of us and reflects all of our values.

I mostly agree with that with the exceptions being that I can't say that those actions are done without a racial component. Given that the black community is policed at far higher rates than whites shows that blacks are more likely to be the victims of this abuse of authority. I agree that society should judge them. That being said, we all only know what we know. The protests after Ferguson have brought quite a bit to light about how blacks are policed and handled in the criminal justice system. Police departments around the nation have revisited their policies as a result. Protest movements are how we inform society to better judge.

Is that policing based on race or crimes committed? And, who is being victimized by those crimes?

Is there some memo going around telling white people to keep asking about a race / civil war? This is like the 20th thread on this

They're just sharing with us the shit they share with each other. Its like a transcript of the right wing echo chamber.

See, conservatives motivate their base with fear. And the normal 'gays and guns' rhetoric isn't doing it. So now they're kicking the rhetoric up a notch, trying instill in their chattle fear that the black people are going to try to kill them all.

So, by taking that stand, you're actually saying that individuals should judge, not society and that society shouldn't interfere with that judgment. Your opinion seems to be based on race and anarchy. That's sad.

If you really thing about it. Society is not in a position to judge. They cant possibly no the entire story unless they were there. There is a reason the cops play up the good side of officers. Its called swaying public opinion. On the other hand they play up the negative side of anyone they happen to shoot. If you note neither actions have anything to do with what actually occurred. The supposedly "good" cop could have been a racist and shot the supposedly "bad" civilian simply because he wanted to. Thats why video of these events has become so important. Now we see cops on tape doing the things the Black community has long accused them of doing like planting evidence.

Cops that behave that way will plant evidence on anyone they choose to victimize, not just Blacks. Some years ago, a young man I knew was shot and killed in Houston and the policeman put a pistol on the ground beside him. He was a white kid. Had nothing to do with race. And, Society is the only entity that should judge because it's made up of ALL of us and reflects all of our values.

There are bad cops, true, but the war Black Lies Matter is waging now is on ALL peace officers, good and bad.

It is past time to stop quibbling about nuances and stand up for these good public servants.

This never would have happened when I was growing up because people understood the role of police to serve and protect in 99% of America. The use of police to collect government revenues with traffic fines and the seizure of private property has largely changed the perspective of many today, and that is a shame.

Black Lives Matter is not waging a war, you idiot. The black community has never felt the police were there to protect, only to harass and heavily patrol their neighborhoods, which is why the black community rarely call the police for help, or offer information as witnesses. This distrust has been going on, right under your nose, for years. Thanks to the internet and cell phone recordings we are now able to see why there has been so much distrust throughout the years.
Having grown up in a neighborhood plagued by the drug trade I have first hand knowledge of how it operates. The police are a very large component. They control who gets to sell the drugs and protects them from rivals in exchange for money. Everyone in the neighborhood knows this. When the cops are called on the drug dealer the cops tell the drug dealer who made the call. That is a big part of why Blacks dont trust cops. You dont know who is dirty or how high up it goes.

And until Society at large becomes aware of this and rises up to stop it, the status quo prevails. Individual actions will change nothing, and murdering random police officers will end up being counter productive.

"We" dont do the determining. If there is no clear proof either way then I am ambivalent. For instance a cop could be an upstanding man of the people in his white community. However, when policing Blacks, he is a raging racist cave ape. That guy I would laugh when he was killed. You probably would mourn him. So your little question really has no merit because you dont determine how I judge someone and I could care less how you judge them.

Thats a totally different deflection. My concern is with the Black community. Basically BlackLivesMatters. You just did the new All lives matters deflection. The problem is extremely common in Black communities. It has impacted our community way more than it will ever impact the white community. If you are going to deflect at least be less obvious about it.

What you call society does not reflect all of my values. Your society is different from my society in fundamental ways.

Yes, I'm aware of your racist views. I'm trying to get you to see beyond that to gain your support for an effective society that works and protects ALL people. Since we're made up of humans, I know we will never have a perfect society, but unless we work together, in the end we'll end up balkanized and separated in the way that BlackLivesMatter and the KKK seem to be trying to create..
Either you dont know what racist means or you are trying your best to convince me you are stupid. There is nothing racist about being concerned about my community. That doesnt = white people are subhuman. I'm simply taking care of home. When my community is treated like it is a part of ALL people then you can preach to me. When you stop blaming Black people for white peoples racism that will be the day I consider your pleas as credible.

I mostly agree with that with the exceptions being that I can't say that those actions are done without a racial component. Given that the black community is policed at far higher rates than whites shows that blacks are more likely to be the victims of this abuse of authority. I agree that society should judge them. That being said, we all only know what we know. The protests after Ferguson have brought quite a bit to light about how blacks are policed and handled in the criminal justice system. Police departments around the nation have revisited their policies as a result. Protest movements are how we inform society to better judge.

Is that policing based on race or crimes committed? And, who is being victimized by those crimes?

crime is crime...doesn't matter who the criminal is...

the facts are that negroes commit over HALF of ALL violent crime in the u.s. despite only making up 13% of the population...

There are bad cops, true, but the war Black Lies Matter is waging now is on ALL peace officers, good and bad.

It is past time to stop quibbling about nuances and stand up for these good public servants.

This never would have happened when I was growing up because people understood the role of police to serve and protect in 99% of America. The use of police to collect government revenues with traffic fines and the seizure of private property has largely changed the perspective of many today, and that is a shame.

Black Lives Matter is not waging a war, you idiot. The black community has never felt the police were there to protect, only to harass and heavily patrol their neighborhoods, which is why the black community rarely call the police for help, or offer information as witnesses. This distrust has been going on, right under your nose, for years. Thanks to the internet and cell phone recordings we are now able to see why there has been so much distrust throughout the years.
Having grown up in a neighborhood plagued by the drug trade I have first hand knowledge of how it operates. The police are a very large component. They control who gets to sell the drugs and protects them from rivals in exchange for money. Everyone in the neighborhood knows this. When the cops are called on the drug dealer the cops tell the drug dealer who made the call. That is a big part of why Blacks dont trust cops. You dont know who is dirty or how high up it goes.

And until Society at large becomes aware of this and rises up to stop it, the status quo prevails. Individual actions will change nothing, and murdering random police officers will end up being counter productive.
Black people have been saying this for years. Whites response? "Those people were resisting arrest" or "all Black people suffer from group hysteria". I would say murdering random police officers is not right. Killing the ones that commit crimes against the Black community are not counter productive. If this country chooses to selectively protect its citizens from harm based on skin color then we have to protect ourselves. If you dont like that I suggest you work with whites to make sure what needs to happen on your side of the fence happens. if not look for Black people to protect themselves and also expect some fringe Black racists to take possibly innocent white lives as well.

The police ARE SENT where the CRIMES are. So don't blame them for more heavily policing black communities. Most of the residents of those communities are not engaged in illegal activities but are victimized by it. They support the cops as they know what will happen if the cops leave; and that is the explosion of murder rates and other violent crime that is now going on in inner cities across the country, most of the victims being other blacks.

You say, "Protest movements are how we inform society to better judge." and sometimes that is true, but calling for the murder of peace officers is not acceptable protest.

Blacks are policed at far higher rates than the crimes they commit. Way more as a percentage than whites. It's not as simple as "police are sent where the crime is".

Calling for the murder of police is not the entire movement either. Just like anything else there are crazies. I do agree however that the leaders of the movement need to be more proactive in denouncing those crazies and distancing themselves from them.

What proof do you have that "Blacks are policed at far higher rates than the crimes they commit."? I am seriously interested.

Perhaps they are, but when you condemn a whole movement based on the actions of a tiny group, while supporting a group with racist agenda, the problem is you.

confederate battle flags are ok then, right?...and people who want to remove them are racists, right?

Actually, they have far more in common with the Taliban than racists, but if that's your viewpoint, I'll accept it.

The police ARE SENT where the CRIMES are. So don't blame them for more heavily policing black communities. Most of the residents of those communities are not engaged in illegal activities but are victimized by it. They support the cops as they know what will happen if the cops leave; and that is the explosion of murder rates and other violent crime that is now going on in inner cities across the country, most of the victims being other blacks.

You say, "Protest movements are how we inform society to better judge." and sometimes that is true, but calling for the murder of peace officers is not acceptable protest.

Blacks are policed at far higher rates than the crimes they commit. Way more as a percentage than whites. It's not as simple as "police are sent where the crime is".

Calling for the murder of police is not the entire movement either. Just like anything else there are crazies. I do agree however that the leaders of the movement need to be more proactive in denouncing those crazies and distancing themselves from them.

What proof do you have that "Blacks are policed at far higher rates than the crimes they commit."? I am seriously interested.
Besides the admission of the FBI?

“Simply put, white cops are afraid of black men. We don’t talk about it, we pretend it doesn’t exist, we claim “color blindness,” we say white officers treat black men the same way they treat white men. But that’s a lie. In fact, the bigger, the darker the black man the greater the fear. The African-American community knows this. Hell, most whites know it. Yet, even though it’s a central, if not the defining ingredient in the makeup of police racism, white cops won’t admit it to themselves, or to others.”

Norm Stamper, Breaking Rank: A Top Cop's Exposé of the Dark Side of American Policing

If we accept that people generally commit crimes within their own racial group (an axiom that mountains of evidence supports), then we should be able to get a reasonable approximation of the crimes committed by different racial groups by measuring the number of victims of those crimes within the same racial group.

Are black folks more likely to be victims of crime than whites? If so, by how much?

This is the set up to be interested and then when shown to lose interest immediately or claim its all an awful awful lie.

This is the set up to be interested and then when shown to lose interest immediately or claim its all an awful awful lie.

Thats a totally different deflection. My concern is with the Black community. Basically BlackLivesMatters. You just did the new All lives matters deflection. The problem is extremely common in Black communities. It has impacted our community way more than it will ever impact the white community. If you are going to deflect at least be less obvious about it.

What you call society does not reflect all of my values. Your society is different from my society in fundamental ways.

Yes, I'm aware of your racist views. I'm trying to get you to see beyond that to gain your support for an effective society that works and protects ALL people. Since we're made up of humans, I know we will never have a perfect society, but unless we work together, in the end we'll end up balkanized and separated in the way that BlackLivesMatter and the KKK seem to be trying to create..
Either you dont know what racist means or you are trying your best to convince me you are stupid. There is nothing racist about being concerned about my community. That doesnt = white people are subhuman. I'm simply taking care of home. When my community is treated like it is a part of ALL people then you can preach to me. When you stop blaming Black people for white peoples racism that will be the day I consider your pleas as credible.

Of course I know what racist is. And when you can show I've blamed Black people for white people's racism, I'll continue our discussion. I have always tried to engage you with respect and reason. To accuse me of that is obnoxious.

But, as it is, you merely blame whites and try to justify calling for attacking all police because some have been corrupt and that's just sad.

No.

The notion is unfounded idiocy.

It does expose the willful ignorance and stupidly of those on the right who clearly don't get it.

Of course I know what racist is. And when you can show I've blamed Black people for white people's racism, I'll continue our discussion. I have always tried to engage you with respect and reason. To accuse me of that is obnoxious.

But, as it is, you merely blame whites and try to justify calling for attacking all police because some have been corrupt and that's just sad.
Obviously you dont know what racists means. If you did then you would be able to understand that being concerned about your specific community does not = racism. You are not engaging me with respect and reason when you say I am being racist when what I said had nothing to do with racism. It was simply a deflection on your part in an attempt to muddy the waters.

Obviously you dont know what racists means. If you did then you would be able to understand that being concerned about your specific community does not = racism. You are not engaging me with respect and reason when you say I am being racist when what I said had nothing to do with racism. It was simply a deflection on your part in an attempt to muddy the waters.

You are ALL about being racist. You break down all of your arguments and positions based on race and, that assessment was confirmed by your claim that I blamed Blacks for white racism. There's nothing further to be gained by trying to have a discussion with your closed mind. Another time, perhaps.

One can observe instances of local race war tactics, such as black lives matter engages in, without feeling that an oncoming conflict is best characterized as a race war.

I laughed because you were being so stupid it was funny.

Wait, so when he said he NEVER said race war.

And I show a thread where he says race war.

And that means he NEVER said race war?

So, in ANOTHER thread, he talks about race war but not this one so you think you've proven he lied about never saying race war in this thread? Sorry, I didn't realize you're a delusional troll.

I'll have to put you on ignore now, because you're obviously not serious at all.

ClosedCaption wins! :D

The vote of a lying troll is not persuasive. Sorry. This ID is going to be ignored as well.

I win! :D
Not really. "Winning" means anyone gives a shit about your stupid delusions.
You did 'win' a one way ticket to my permanent Ignore list.
Congratulations dummy.

Well thats because Richard Pryor was being influenced by the Black Lives Matter movement:alcoholic:

Forum List

Back