Has the DC political center had enough?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I'm not getting my hopes up -- yet -- but it's nice to see some adults in both parties looking like they've had enough.

Moscow Marge is too far, and a negative to her party, no matter what the rubes think and some Republicans are speaking up. Some of the rhetoric of the pro-Palestine protestors is too far, and a net negative to their cause, no matter what the nutters think, and some Democrats are speaking up.

Obviously the adults haven't been able to get control back, but at least it's nice to know they still freakin' exist.

I'm not getting my hopes up -- yet -- but it's nice to see some adults in both parties looking like they've had enough.

Moscow Marge is too far, and a negative to her party, no matter what the rubes think and some Republicans are speaking up. Some of the rhetoric of the pro-Palestine protestors is too far, and a net negative to their cause, no matter what the nutters think, and some Democrats are speaking up.

Obviously the adults haven't been able to get control back, but at least it's nice to know they still freakin' exist.

In case anyone needs a transaltion from asshole to English, "adult" means people who agree with Mac, politically. It's his emotional crutch.

Sorry. The word "Palestine" does not appear in the source. You made that up. Opportunistic asses like (lately deranged)Fetterman, Manchin, and Sinema don't need your help.
From the piece:

The political center in both parties is pushing back more against the fringes on the far right and the far left, reflecting the weariness and exasperation with the threats to boot Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) out of his job and the ongoing clashes with pro-Palestinian protesters on college campuses across the country.

If you have an actual point, make it. Or don't.

From the piece:

The political center in both parties is pushing back more against the fringes on the far right and the far left, reflecting the weariness and exasperation with the threats to boot Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) out of his job and the ongoing clashes with pro-Palestinian protesters on college campuses across the country.

Is that piece there you're quoting making an actual point? :dunno: What a way to use words to provide absolutely no information. A better analysis would be that Jefferies is using moderate Republican weariness with their far right to bully some concessions out of Mike Johnson in exchange for helping him save his job. Instead of giving that analysis however this author decided to do moderate, establishment propaganda instead.

Lots of folks here just don't like the idea of intellectual honesty in government.

These people in Congress aren't afraid to just be honest and describe what they're seeing, even if it's about their own party.

Everything has to be Us vs. Them. Damn shame.
It's not honest to pretend your position is the adult one. That's just the same sort of frail cosplay we find on the Right. You might as well be talking about Core Americans.

Is that piece there you're quoting making an actual point? :dunno: What a way to use words to provide absolutely no information. A better analysis would be that Jefferies is using moderate Republican weariness with their far right to bully some concessions out of Mike Johnson in exchange for helping him save his job. Instead of giving that analysis however this author decided to do moderate, establishment propaganda instead.
Well, consider the source.

From the piece:

I did, schmuck. Not my fault you can't distinguish people from geography.

By “adults” you mean war-mongers who profit off of endless stupid wars that don’t serve U.S. interests.

I hope you are enjoying the mountain of dead bodies.

From the piece:

You never have a point either but we all just laugh at you and your pretend centrist views. We know that you are a far left moron that has nothing positive to add.

And yet the far left morons attack him just as much as you far right wackos.

Ever wonder why that is?
Because middle-of-the-road dweebs prefer getting run over to.. ever being explicit, naming names, doing more than wave vaguely at shit, having "an actual point"?

Forum List

Back