Hate crimes

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
How is this even a legal category? The legal system should be above this kind of emotional manipulation. Its so insubstantial and vague as to be meaningless.

How is this even a legal category? The legal system should be above this kind of emotional manipulation. Its so insubstantial and vague as to be meaningless.
Seems like every month or so I have to tell one of you people that hate is not itself a crime. A person can be charged with a hate crime as an aggravating factor if hatred was the motivation for a crime. Usually it is used to add to the sentence if it was a crime meant to terrorize others.

• Banned
Seems like every month or so I have to tell one of you people that hate is not itself a crime. A person can be charged with a hate crime as an aggravating factor if hatred was the motivation for a crime. Usually it is used to add to the sentence if it was a crime meant to terrorize others.
I can be thick, sometimes a moron, or a total a boob. But How in the hell is an insubstantial emotional state be used in a court of law? Lets say I hate your guts, because you are Welsh , but you stole my Lamborghini. What does my personal disgust for the Welsh have to do with the fact YOU ripped off MY Countach one tinny bit?

• Banned
Isn't the justice system supposed to remove itself from emotion and bias? The entire catagory of hate crimes does the exact opposite. Subjective emotional driven law based on popular opinion, not facts.

• Banned
"Hate crimes" category is so egregious, it begs the question that the legal system needs be unbiased. Lets see here, who determines WHAT is hate? I leave it there...

I can be thick, sometimes a moron, or a total a boob. But How in the hell is an insubstantial emotional state be used in a court of law? Lets say I hate your guts, because you are Welsh , but you stole my Lamborghini. What does my personal disgust for the Welsh have to do with the fact YOU ripped off MY Countach one tinny bit?
Still not a hate crime. It's like this: Let's say you are in the Klan and burn a cross on someone's lawn. Without a hate crime enhancement the best prosecutors can do is trespassing or criminal mischief for a crime that is meant to send a message to an entire community. In actuality there have not been that many convictions because motivation is difficult to prove. You pretty much have to be a known member of some extremist group that has expressed some sort of premeditation.

Thought crimes are an abomination against the People and the Justice System itself. Every "hate crime" is already a crime, subject to enforcement and punishment. The "hate crimes" law simply allows the politically-motivate prosecutor to "pile on," or - god forbid - to prosecute thought crimes separately from the underlying crime, accomplishing an "end around" the prohibition against double jeopardy.

It is a DEMOCRAT invention, thus an evil institution. It could not be otherwise.

• Banned
Racial intimidation and burning stuff, yeah a hate crime. When the KKK did it, now the BLM does it...its problematic. No, now its OKKK. I see BLM and race riots and bazillions in damage and anti white intimidation.

I have to ask you progressive lawyers: prove racism is real, don't imply or allege it. And we all know you can't, racism is like ghosts or voodoo. HOW can you base a law on intangible mindset?

Racial intimidation and burning stuff, yeah a hate crime. When the KKK did it, now the BLM does it...its problematic. No, now its OKKK. I see BLM and race riots and bazillions in damage and anti white intimidation.
No one ever had a problem with motivation being a factor in sentencing until white people finally started going down hard for racial violence against blacks.

No one ever had a problem with motivation being a factor in sentencing until white people finally started going down hard for racial violence against blacks.
If that's isn't self reinforcing logic, I don't know what IS.

Apparently Liberal progressive can do whatever they want. Accuse and punish whites or whatever political group .''heretics or witches or communists or conservatives in the well of truth, drown them and if they succumb? This is the modern stupidity of liberalism.

If that's isn't self reinforcing logic, I don't know what IS.
It's a fact. You have to realize that it has not been that long ago that no jury would convict a white man for murdering a black man no matter what. Federal hate crime legislation is what it took to finally make lynchings and fatal beatings a punishable crime in America.

But when Derek Chauvin is convicted of murder and all the facts go out the widow. The Justice system died.

It's a control mechanism for the state. These things are intended to be vague. Nothing is for the people. Everything created through and by government is intended to empower them, not you.

It's the same every time. Even when confronted with the truth of what a hate crime actually is you people would actually rather believe it's some plot against you. Don't be a terrorist or commit violent crimes on random black people and it's nothing you will ever have to worry about.

It's the same every time. Even when confronted with the truth of what a hate crime actually is you people would actually rather believe it's some plot against you. Don't be a terrorist or commit violent crimes on random black people and it's nothing you will ever have to worry about.
Hate Crimes are a one way street.

It's simply an avenue to trump up charges on White Criminals.

It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Racial Crimes.

The only person charged with a Hate Crime by Eric Holder in the height of the "Knock Out Game" was a White man who dared to do the same.

Forum List

Back