'Hate Speech' Is Anything You Don't Want To Hear

As usual, easyt65 once again has no knowledge of the law. While I have not Sheparized this case, it defines nicely hate speech is not Constituionally Protected:

See: Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire, 315 U.S. 568 (1942), is a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court articulated the fighting words doctrine, a limitation of the First Amendment's guarantee of freedom of speech.

They all knew the rules and she failed. All your complaining simply adds up to a miserable attempt to feel better. Hillary is not president, Trump is, she lost the election, he won.

Not my President. Mr. 35% can pretend he's president all day, but even his own people are ignoring him.

Really? Why didn't Obama beef up the power grid ahead of the storm?

You have to know how ridiculous you sound.

Because the Storm didn't hit on Obama's watch. It hit on Trumps. And a month later, most of those people don't have power and 900 people have died.

Because the power grid was in poor shape long before the storm hit. The point is, that's not the American president's responsibility. When such a powerful storm hits a poorly maintained power grid in an area that is not easily accessed, restoration does not happen quickly, no matter how much you think it should.

Your whining about the president in this regard is ridiculous.

Your whining about the president in this regard is ridiculous.

when isnt his constant whining not ridiculous

Side note - This thread is rather amusing because I ignored that Joe troll guy; now it's just a massive stream of his bullshit being shoveled out the door lol

We can't let the Regressives win, gang. Freedom of expression is the most important American value.

Their hatred of this country can't be allowed to win out.

again, guy, your side is the one who colluded with the Ruskies..

How many people on average die in that time period?

Not this many...

Trump totally fucked this up. He's still fucking it up.

f_trumpthrowstowels_171003__085711.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Catch, you ungrateful darkies!

As usual, easyt65 once again has no knowledge of the law. While I have not Sheparized this case, it defines nicely hate speech is not Constituionally Protected:

See: Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire, 315 U.S. 568 (1942), is a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court articulated the fighting words doctrine, a limitation of the First Amendment's guarantee of freedom of speech.

Opinion of the Court
The Court, in a unanimous decision, upheld the arrest. Writing the decision for the Court, Justice Frank Murphy advanced a "two-tier theory" of the First Amendment. Certain "well-defined and narrowly limited" categories of speech fall outside the bounds of constitutional protection. Thus, "the lewd and obscene, the profane, the slanderous," and (in this case) insulting or "fighting" words neither contributed to the expression of ideas nor possessed any "social value" in the search for truth.[3]

you seem to be applying this "well defined and narrowly limited" rather...liberally.

in this very case from their own opinion they also state that while chaplinskys arrest would be upheld, it was very limited in scope, again per their own opinion. so while you may think VIOLA (wa-la!) you win because you cited a court case, i borrow another fav. princesses bride movie line.

you keep using that word. i do not think it means what you think it means.

Because the power grid was in poor shape long before the storm hit. The point is, that's not the American president's responsibility. When such a powerful storm hits a poorly maintained power grid in an area that is not easily accessed, restoration does not happen quickly, no matter how much you think it should.

well, it happens a lot slower when you grant a 300 MILLION dollar contract to a crony corporation that has no expereince in such things.

Puerto Rico moves to cancel contract with Whitefish Energy to repair electric grid

The contract with Whitefish Energy — a firm that had just two employees the day the storm hit — had drawn blistering criticism from members of Congress for days. And on Friday the Federal Emergency Management Agency, which has a large role in determining government reimbursements, said it had “significant concerns” about how the contract was secured.

Thirty-nine days after Hurricane Maria hit the territory, Gov. Ricardo Rosselló said that he is requesting assistance from Florida and New York under “mutual aid” arrangements that utilities traditionally activate during emergencies.

Opinion of the Court
The Court, in a unanimous decision, upheld the arrest. Writing the decision for the Court, Justice Frank Murphy advanced a "two-tier theory" of the First Amendment. Certain "well-defined and narrowly limited" categories of speech fall outside the bounds of constitutional protection. Thus, "the lewd and obscene, the profane, the slanderous," and (in this case) insulting or "fighting" words neither contributed to the expression of ideas nor possessed any "social value" in the search for truth.[3]

you seem to be applying this "well defined and narrowly limited" rather...liberally.

in this very case from their own opinion they also state that while chaplinskys arrest would be upheld, it was very limited in scope, again per their own opinion. so while you may think VIOLA (wa-la!) you win because you cited a court case, i borrow another fav. princesses bride movie line.

Seems to me your biases cloud your thinking. As I wrote, I did not seek further USSC cases which might have expanded on this issue or limited it. A movie is not a convincing rebuttal to the law.

i think bernie would have won actually had he ran

my brother(s) would have voted for him

they had always voted ((D) until Hillary came along

then went for the Donald

Yes, when people support Communists and Fascists, it's because they've given up on Democracy.

Again, we are in Weimar America.

We do not have and Article 48 in the Constitution, but I see your point. Trump's EOs are tantamount to that infamous article, and IMO a serious threat to our nation.

We can't let the Regressives win, gang. Freedom of expression is the most important American value.

Their hatred of this country can't be allowed to win out.

again, guy, your side is the one who colluded with the Ruskies..

How many people on average die in that time period?

Not this many...

Trump totally fucked this up. He's still fucking it up.

f_trumpthrowstowels_171003__085711.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Catch, you ungrateful darkies!

Puerto Rico Death rate - Demographics

Demographics of Puerto Rico - Wikipedia

Once again I have to do the math for you.

With a death rate of 8.8 per 1000 per annum and a population of 3.4 million, one expects over 2000 deaths per month. Since that is about the timeline the article is talking about, and the article is only going off the # of cremations, what they are reporting is below the baseline # of deaths expected in the given period.

over 2000 people die there per month on average, and your article doesn't even exceed that value.

You lost. game over man.

I'm sure your numbers are wrong and don't care.

But I do find it interesting you are in charge of the sewers in NYC. Puts a whole new perspective on "Great Shitstorm".

Not in charge, but I work in wastewater plants.

and my numbers were backed by references.

You quoted a shit article and got called on it, now go slinking back into your hole.

Not in charge, but I work in wastewater plants.

and my numbers were backed by references.

You quoted a shit article and got called on it, now go slinking back into your hole.

I quoted an article from mainstream media sources...

900 people have died because of Trump's incompetence.

Deal with it.

900 people have died, they do nothing to attribute said deaths to anyone in particular.

Game, Set, Match.

Opinion of the Court

Seems to me your biases cloud your thinking. As I wrote, I did not seek further USSC cases which might have expanded on this issue or limited it. A movie is not a convincing rebuttal to the law.
your court case. you figure out how to make it apply. I quoted your case directly about the opinion of the verdict and it would seem your bias is pushing their intended limits.

Forum List

Back