'Hatred Towards Conservative Women is Last Acceptable Misogyny in U.S.'

What America has painfully learned since former Alaska governor Sarah Palin was first announced as John McCain's running mate in 2008 is that it is completely acceptable for media members to mercilessly attack a woman in print or on television and radio if she is a conservative.

In reality, not only is it condoned, it's applauded.

You can even win awards for doing so - just ask Katie Couric.

Tantaros on Schultz-Ingraham Affair: 'Hatred Towards Conservative Women is Last Acceptable Misogyny in U.S.' | NewsBusters.org

How many times have I heard conservatives say something to the effect that minorities and other previously disaffected groups like gay people with histories of being discriminated against should "move on" and live their lives in such a way as to not play the victim card in an effort to gain sympathy from others? I don't know, but it's a LOT.

Please explain to me then why it is that I'm ALWAYS hearing conservatives whine about how they are victims. Talk radio and RW columnists are constantly bemoaning their "lot" in life as if they're some kind of powerless and oppressed minority. This was even true when George W. Bush was president and the Republicans held majorities in both the US House and Senate.

Want more evidence? It's true with conservative Christians too. Are conservative Christians some kind of an oppressed minority in this country? No! Conservative Christians wield conserable economic and political power, just as conservative Republicans have in the last few years. I mean, are conservatives somehow underrepresented on the radio and in the media in general? Again, NO!

Just stop it with this victim mentality. It's pathetic. And it's not even true. You just look like a bunch of children when you do this.

After all, nobody likes to listen to people whine about being a victims when the people who are doing the crying haven't suffered anything more serious than wounded egos.

GROW UP, for crying out loud!!!
In other words, you want conservatives to just STFU and let you spew your bullshit.

What America has painfully learned since former Alaska governor Sarah Palin was first announced as John McCain's running mate in 2008 is that it is completely acceptable for media members to mercilessly attack a woman in print or on television and radio if she is a conservative.

Tantaros on Schultz-Ingraham Affair: 'Hatred Towards Conservative Women is Last Acceptable Misogyny in U.S.' | NewsBusters.org

How many times have I heard conservatives say something to the effect that minorities and other previously disaffected groups like gay people with histories of being discriminated against should "move on" and live their lives in such a way as to not play the victim card in an effort to gain sympathy from others? I don't know, but it's a LOT.

Please explain to me then why it is that I'm ALWAYS hearing conservatives whine about how they are victims. Talk radio and RW columnists are constantly bemoaning their "lot" in life as if they're some kind of powerless and oppressed minority. This was even true when George W. Bush was president and the Republicans held majorities in both the US House and Senate.

Want more evidence? It's true with conservative Christians too. Are conservative Christians some kind of an oppressed minority in this country? No! Conservative Christians wield conserable economic and political power, just as conservative Republicans have in the last few years. I mean, are conservatives somehow underrepresented on the radio and in the media in general? Again, NO!

Just stop it with this victim mentality. It's pathetic. And it's not even true. You just look like a bunch of children when you do this.

After all, nobody likes to listen to people whine about being a victims when the people who are doing the crying haven't suffered anything more serious than wounded egos.

In other words, you want conservatives to just STFU and let you spew your bullshit.

Not at all.

Let's compare apples, shall we?

Ed Shultz used an ill-advised word in describing Laura Ingraham. He apologized. What did Laura suffer? Hurt feelings, maybe? Not even that. I heard her respond to what Ed said, and she didn't really seem to care. In fact, her ratings probably went up as people tuned in to hear her show. Some, maybe, for the first time.

Ed ended up getting suspended without pay.

Now, compare that to minorities or gay people who have been physically and/or economically victimized for years with little recourse except within the court system.

Compared to the latter example, I think conservatives' tears are not even worthy of a hanky, let alone of any kind of sympathy.

I was merely proving the OP wrong.

Hardly... Mr. "No menstruation means little self hating"... Why is your dumb ass even in this thread again?? :eusa_liar:

Well, I'm not here to make you look stupid; looks like mother nature beat me to that.

You can't "prove" anything wrong when you are in another thread spewing disgusting sexist crap against conservative women. Dumbass. :lol::lol: How did you think that would "prove" anything...other than you are full of shit?

I'm pretty sure the party that "claims" the high road on misogyny and "claims" they own womens rights...probably should practice what they preach. Isn't that the lectures you libs are always foisting upon everyone else? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Not at all.

Let's compare apples, shall we?

Ed Shultz used an ill-advised word in describing Laura Ingraham. He apologized. What did Laura suffer? Hurt feelings, maybe? Not even that. I heard her respond to what Ed said, and she didn't really seem to care. In fact, her ratings probably went up as people tuned in to hear her show. Some, maybe, for the first time.

Ed ended up getting suspended without pay.

Now, compare that to minorities or gay people who have been physically and/or economically victimized for years with little recourse except within the court system.

Compared to the latter example, I think conservatives' tears are not even worthy of a hanky, let alone of any kind of sympathy.
You know you just proved me right, don't you?

Hardly... Mr. "No menstruation means little self hating"... Why is your dumb ass even in this thread again?? :eusa_liar:

Well, I'm not here to make you look stupid; looks like mother nature beat me to that.

You can't "prove" anything wrong when you are in another thread spewing disgusting sexist crap against conservative women. Dumbass. :lol::lol: How did you think that would "prove" anything...other than you are full of shit?

I'm pretty sure the party that "claims" the high road on misogyny and "claims" they own womens rights...probably should practice what they preach. Isn't that the lectures you libs are always foisting upon everyone else? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Are you a woman?

Interestingly right this moment Rachel Maddow is doing a great segment about the rightwing media's strategy of using mistrust, victimology, and paranoia as a marketing tool.

Exactly right. They could careless about women or the way they are treated. They are really just in here defending their right to attack people they don't like, with whatever means they choose. This is exactly why I don't take liberals seriously. They don't stand for anything....the words that gush from their lips about "taking the high road" "showing the world we are better" blah blah blah...just a bunch of empty rhetoric when they are put to the test. :eusa_hand:

In my experience, whiners never shut up.

In my experience, whiners never shut up.

Oh, you're active in the Democratic Party, huh?

Do you guys even remember how you have treated Hilary and pelosi ?

Boxer and Di Fi?

Amy Carter when she was but a child?

Chelsea?

You never seen to mind women being treated like crap unless its some right wing woman.

yes, I remember it quite well. They have been treated quite well. Do you think politicians should be above criticism? Amy Carter and Chelsea have been treated far far better than the Bush Twins or Palin's family.

Libs are simply a gang of the most despicable hypocrites imaginable.

Why would you compare two things that aren't comparable? In the first place, there's little evidence that minorities are being "victimized." In the second, how do you know Republicans are the ones doing the victimizing?

Apparently your theory is that Democrat pandering to special interest groups gives them cart blanch to treat Republicans however they want to treat them.

Boxer and Di Fi?

Chelsea?

You never seen to mind women being treated like crap unless its some right wing woman.

yes, I remember it quite well. They have been treated quite well. Do you think politicians should be above criticism? Amy Carter and Chelsea have been treated far far better than the Bush Twins or Palin's family.

Libs are simply a gang of the most despicable hypocrites imaginable.

Now waaaiittt a second here. Other than the disgusting internet rumor on Trig Palin... what the hell are you talking about? The Bush twins' actions put them in the spotlight, nothing more.

Finally, you say it's cool for Liberal Politicians like Pelosi, and Clinton to be criticized.... But when it's a Palin or a Bachmann... we have to leave them alone, because they are "successful, Conservative Women"?

Nice double standard you guys have there. Almost without exception, when a poster on here creates a thread involving Palin or Bachmann, it's usually something that they've said in public, and all I hear from you righties is "libs just hate Successful, Conservative Women". That's not true.... we just don't want them in politics if they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Boxer and Di Fi?

Chelsea?

The only difference is that I don't like Pelosi or Clinton because they are woman I dislike their politics - as a matter of fact I find them dangerous.

You progressives view conservative woman as traitors because woman should rebel in your delusional little world and if a woman doesn't rebel she's a traitor...

Or to make it more simple - the white male Christian is evil and anyone who agrees with his "conservatism" is a traitor to their own collective...

Maybe some people don't believe in collectivism???

Maybe some people find activist groups that hate others for silly reasons stupid?

The only people acting like racist little Nazi's these days are the progressives because they group people collectively and then pin one group against another.

Unions, feminists, GLAD, NAACP, Black Caucus, La Raza....

What the fuck is wrong with you progressives??

Of course progressives are the same dickheads that say: "you shouldn't label people." It's so ironic....

So yeah non-progressives treat you like shit because you're retarded people not because of your gender or race.

Did someone say "Conservatives don't care about women"? OMG! That statement in itself is misogynistic. It seems the poster doesn't even believe that conservative women are people. Telling...

The OP is right, stop being sexist and remember that ladies are fragile, treat them like delicate flowers.
Listen politely to their "opinions" but never be critical, they just don't understand the real world and need to be protected from it.

The OP is right, stop being sexist and remember that ladies are fragile, treat them like delicate flowers.
Listen politely to their "opinions" but never be critical, they just don't understand the real world and need to be protected from it.
Good points. If Sarah Palin had been petted on the head and handed a cookie, maybe she wouldn't have quit her job as governor.

Good points. If Sarah Palin had been petted on the head and handed a cookie, maybe she wouldn't have quit her job as governor.

If anyone makes her cry I'll be sooooooo mad!!!!

Forum List

Back