Have Repubs forgotten how a bill becomes law?

WRONGO... skippy... she says... "SO WE CAN FIND OUT WHAT'S IN IT"... meaning SHE HAS NO FUCKING CLUE, and neither did any of the other JACK OFFS that VOTED FOR IT, because NONE OF THEM FUCKING READ IT.

Don't come in here thinking you're going to pull a fast on this crowd. We're all too savy to buy any libtard bull shit.

Maybe you need some more debating practice before you come here, cherry.

Always glad to see someone start personal attacks against me, i.e. "skippy", "libtard", and "cherry". That means they're losing the debate. Otherwise, they'd post facts or logic.

Here's the transcript of what Pelosi said in that 10 second clip you posted: "But we have to pass the bill so that you can uh find out what is in it away from the fog of the controversy." You should really watch and listen to video clips you post before saying I'm wrong for literally quoting it.

There's no "fast one" being pulled, unless you mean how I quoted correctly from your clip. And there's not even a debate, unless you can edit the audio and repost the clip.

Lastly, I notice with interest how you ignored my requests for facts to disprove the ACA was passed in accordance to the rules stipulated by the Constitution. Since you read my post and ignored the request, I must assume you have no facts and you agree the ACA was legally and correctly put into law. Glad to see we're in agreement here.

That’s all you’ll get from the USMB right: failed attempts to deflect, ignorance, and stupidity; they’re all cowards, they lack the courage to address the topic and admit to the fact that House republicans are reckless and irresponsible.

Look who isn't addressing the topic, wiseass?

You're the coward, Clayton.

Democrats probably remember how Obamacare was passed. Even with a majority in both houses and a stooge in the W.H. they still had to use bribery and intimidation to get the monstrosity into law.

In this case, it's unfair to pounce upon Cruz for him saying the House will "pass [the CR] into law". He's not stupid and he knows how a bill becomes a law.

I'm not defending the House GOP's actions, mind you. Threatening to shut down the federal government in order to defund a law (that was voted upon and passed like every other law) simply because you disagree with said law makes them legislative bullies and crybabys. Yes, both at the same time.

If you think the ACA is bad, then pass laws changing it or even repealing it. But don't hold the government hostage simply because you lost.

A law that was voted on by one party only and against the majority of the people.
No it was not passed just like every other law.

Looks like you don't know how a law is made, either.

When the GOP controlled both Houses of Congress and the White House, do you think that means all the laws they passed are okay to hold hostage because some crybaby doesn't like it?

There are legal procedures for overturning a law surly people know this.

and one of them is defunding it or bargaining the defunding portion over other issues.

Absolutely legal .

When I taught civics in high school, we covered the "How a bill becomes a law" routine. It's proposed, sent to committee, approved, voted on, sent to the other side of Congress, sometimes a compromise bill is created, and if House and Senate vote yea, it goes to the president to sign or veto.

Never once saw a textbook with something like this: "Once a bill is signed into law, legislators who had voted nay may vote to deny funding to the law, effectively voting no a second time." Maybe the books were bad. Or maybe defunding a law that was passed is bully-crybaby bullshit.

Democrats probably remember how Obamacare was passed. Even with a majority in both houses and a stooge in the W.H. they still had to use bribery and intimidation to get the monstrosity into law.

Can you, will you, show me facts? Any data on how Dems "bribed" and "intimidated" people to get ACA passed?

Also, you should try reading books about how legislatures work. Just about every bill gets passed after some deals are made.

In this case, it's unfair to pounce upon Cruz for him saying the House will "pass [the CR] into law". He's not stupid and he knows how a bill becomes a law.

I'm not defending the House GOP's actions, mind you. Threatening to shut down the federal government in order to defund a law (that was voted upon and passed like every other law) simply because you disagree with said law makes them legislative bullies and crybabys. Yes, both at the same time.

If you think the ACA is bad, then pass laws changing it or even repealing it. But don't hold the government hostage simply because you lost.

A law that was voted on by one party only and against the majority of the people.
No it was not passed just like every other law.

Looks like you don't know how a law is made, either.

When the GOP controlled both Houses of Congress and the White House, do you think that means all the laws they passed are okay to hold hostage because some crybaby doesn't like it?

When the GOP had the White House and both the House & Senate, the bills they passed had Democratic votes added to those bills.
They never passed anything that was on just one party line. If they had the majority of people would have been just as upset about it.
In fact the Dems would have screamed their heads off about it.

When the GOP had the White House and both the House & Senate, the bills they passed had Democratic votes added to those bills.
They never passed anything that was on just one party line. If they had the majority of people would have been just as upset about it.

In 2001, one of the first bills was passed without Democrat support:
House Passes Bush Tax Cut, Vote Falls Along Party Lines - The Tech

This study shows increased party-line voting:
Politics by the Numbers: Proving the Partisan Divide | The Center for the Study of the Presidency & Congress

If you honestly didn't know, then there's nothing to feel bad about--but now you know better.

If you knew and lied, shame on you!

In 2001, one of the first bills was passed without Democrat support:
House Passes Bush Tax Cut, Vote Falls Along Party Lines - The Tech

This study shows increased party-line voting:
Politics by the Numbers: Proving the Partisan Divide | The Center for the Study of the Presidency & Congress

If you honestly didn't know, then there's nothing to feel bad about--but now you know better.

If you knew and lied, shame on you!

From your own article that you posted.
Ten Democrats and one independent joined every Republican in the chamber.

Affordable Health Care Act
Republicans -0 Senate and 1 in the House

Last edited:
That’s all you’ll get from the USMB right: failed attempts to deflect, ignorance, and stupidity; they’re all cowards, they lack the courage to address the topic and admit to the fact that House republicans are reckless and irresponsible.

and yet when someone asks you a fucking question about what you post.....we get a coward who lacks the courage to defend what he says.....right No_Reply_Jones?.....

Can you, will you, show me facts? Any data on how Dems "bribed" and "intimidated" people to get ACA passed?

Also, you should try reading books about how legislatures work. Just about every bill gets passed after some deals are made.

You mean like how for the last 3 years Reid has simply refused to send to committee bills from the House he disagreed with? Like that?

WRONGO... skippy... she says... "SO WE CAN FIND OUT WHAT'S IN IT"... meaning SHE HAS NO FUCKING CLUE, and neither did any of the other JACK OFFS that VOTED FOR IT, because NONE OF THEM FUCKING READ IT.

Don't come in here thinking you're going to pull a fast on this crowd. We're all too savy to buy any libtard bull shit.

Always glad to see someone start personal attacks against me, i.e. "skippy", "libtard", and "cherry". That means they're losing the debate. Otherwise, they'd post facts or logic.

Here's the transcript of what Pelosi said in that 10 second clip you posted: "But we have to pass the bill so that you can uh find out what is in it away from the fog of the controversy." You should really watch and listen to video clips you post before saying I'm wrong for literally quoting it.

There's no "fast one" being pulled, unless you mean how I quoted correctly from your clip. And there's not even a debate, unless you can edit the audio and repost the clip.

Lastly, I notice with interest how you ignored my requests for facts to disprove the ACA was passed in accordance to the rules stipulated by the Constitution. Since you read my post and ignored the request, I must assume you have no facts and you agree the ACA was legally and correctly put into law. Glad to see we're in agreement here.

Also note that not one of them can post proof of the ridiculous things they write. With rw's, its all about name calling. With R politicians, its governing with threats and blackmail.

The ObamaCare bill was passed, legally, Constitutionally, into law. Its time the damn Rs shut up and do their job instead of working so damn hard to steal from the working class to give to the rich.

you should talk you fucking asshole....how many threads have you started here by calling people "Traitors" and "Anti Americans"?......Geezus.....

kindly explain exactly what the topic is then....

seems to me it is just more bullshit whining about luddly's faux boogeyman

Have Repubs forgotten how a bill becomes law?

Of course not.

Take the Dream Act, for example.

It is debated in the House of Representatives, and then put to a vote. It passes by a vote of 216 to 198.

It is also debated in the Senate. It is voted on, but fails by a 8-vote margin according to Senate rules, and so goes down to defeat and is thrown out.

Then President Obama makes it a law anyway, by declaring Executive Orders to implement its various provisions, despite the fact that it was specifically defeated in the Senate and rejected as a law.

And that, students, is how a bill becomes Law.

In that case, anyway.

Any questions?

I'll try and translate your post best I can...

..."blah, blah, blah... obfuscate... blah, blah, blah... lie... blah, blah, blah"... and that's about it.

The fact of the matter is, the bill was NEVER READ before it was VOTED INTO LAW by the LEFT, and that is EXACTLY what Nance the burnt out flower child was referring to, PERIOD, END OF STORY.

You've been owned, now you're dismissed.

Find some other board to talk your libtard psychobabble. It doesn't hold water here.

Last edited:
I know EXACTLY how a Bill becomes law.

One party locks doors and turns out lights, holds secret meetings and tells Americans that we MUST pass it so we can find out what's in it.

Nothing like how SchollHouse Rock taught me but, hey, WYGD?
:eusa_whistle:

There are legal procedures for overturning a law surly people know this.

and one of them is defunding it or bargaining the defunding portion over other issues.

Absolutely legal .

When I taught civics in high school, we covered the "How a bill becomes a law" routine. It's proposed, sent to committee, approved, voted on, sent to the other side of Congress, sometimes a compromise bill is created, and if House and Senate vote yea, it goes to the president to sign or veto.

Never once saw a textbook with something like this: "Once a bill is signed into law, legislators who had voted nay may vote to deny funding to the law, effectively voting no a second time." Maybe the books were bad. Or maybe defunding a law that was passed is bully-crybaby bullshit.

I suspect there are a great many things the textbook does not cover.

Forum List

Back