Have The Videos Given You Pause?

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2011
I'm a liberal guy who has.....since I was a teenager....known that our criminal justice system doesn't deliver justice in a fair and equitable manner. Still.....I never thought that most or even a significant number of police shootings were things that needed to be more vigorously questioned. When I heard of a police shooting, my first reaction was that it was a good shoot.

I've got several law enforcement professionals in my family...including my son....and I know for a fact that the the profession is not rife with vile racists and bigots.

However, since we have so much caught on video these days...and we see that unarmed men are being shot or killed by law enforcement officers, I've learned to wait for evidence before making the judgment. I am now aware that the odds of a bad shoot are much higher than I ever imagined.

I wonder if any other USMB members have undergone a similar change in thought?

I went from not liking government goons to hating them.

Honestly, I never cared much about the discriminate shootings. I believe they are distractions from the real reasons the cops suck.

Most cops are good, but it only takes a small percentage of bad ones to destroy the trust that cops and citizens need for our system to work. Instead of becoming more militant and confrontational, they should police their own to bring some sanity back into the situation.

Honestly, I never cared much about the discriminate shootings. I believe they are distractions from the real reasons the cops suck.
I went from not liking democrats to hating them.....

Most cops are good, but it only takes a small percentage of bad ones to destroy the trust that cops and citizens need for our system to work. Instead of becoming more militant and confrontational, they should police their own to bring some sanity back into the situation.
You mean like Muslims?

higgs.png

I think the problem is that the videos just prove what black folks have known has been going on all along.

It's just we are seeing more documentation of it

What is needed is a lot of reform of the way police departments are trained. Going for your gun should not be the first response.

I think the problem is that the videos just prove what black folks have known has been going on all along.

It's just we are seeing more documentation of it

What is needed is a lot of reform of the way police departments are trained. Going for your gun should not be the first response.
I agree...the videos tell us it about looting.....and finding any opportunity to loot....

Instead of becoming more militant and confrontational, they should police their own to bring some sanity back into the situation.

That is the basis for most militant thought. I agree that some individuals are stupidly confrontational.

Cops fear the ghetto like the plague, so black people are almost always harassed for traversing into the whiter and wealthier areas.

Everybody knows what you think, but nobody cares. You and all the other rambo types here are nothing more than irritating fleas.

Everybody knows what you think, but nobody cares. You and all the other rambo types here are nothing more than irritating fleas.
Sorry, but I judged you a long time ago as someone whos double digit IQ could never allow them to understand what I was saying....so your confirmation is welcome....

Forum List

Back