He is the reason we need term limits in congress

It's always hilarious to me that inevitably the "reasons" and "arguments" for term limits always boil down to: "I hate that politician from (place where I don't live) and his stupid supporters keep voting for him anyway - I know better than them, so my opinion should be law"

What we also need is "none of the above" on every ballot. If "none of the above" gets the most votes there would be another election, but none of the previous candidates could run again.

We might finally be able to vote for someone rather than against someone.

It's always hilarious to me that inevitably the "reasons" and "arguments" for term limits always boil down to: "I hate that politician from (place where I don't live) and his stupid supporters keep voting for him anyway - I know better than them, so my opinion should be law"

No, the reason is that people understand that long timers in congress are able to funnel money to their districts and states at the expense of other districts and states.

The american people are not as stupid as many of you think they are.

No, the reason is that people understand that long timers in congress are able to funnel money to their districts and states at the expense of other districts and states.

...says the man demanding laws to prevent people from voting for who they want to, because they're too stupid to vote against those you don't like.

How do you deal with the cognitive dissonance?

A poster child for term limits was from my home state: Claiborne Pell. There should be a LIFETIME limit of eight years in all Federal elected offices, combined.

The funny thing is that Massachusetts and Rhode Island are both notorious for electing Republican governors despite overwhelmingly Democrat legislatures and voter registration stats. True, not at this moment, but anyone not believing can simply check the lists. No, I'm not going to do it for you.

We need term limits and an age limit.

I find it amusing that the dems and libs oppose term limits when the old farts are dems, but they would be all for them if the old farts were pubs.

you dem/libs are the most disengenuous people on earth.

Not at all. I respect the judgement of voters to select their representatives

You obviously don't

A poster child for term limits was from my home state: Claiborne Pell. There should be a LIFETIME limit of eight years in all Federal elected offices, combined.

In other words, you voted for the other guy, and he or she lost - so now you want to override your fellow citizen's votes, because you know better than them.

I find it amusing that the dems and libs oppose term limits when the old farts are dems, but they would be all for them if the old farts were pubs.

You obviously don't

Yeah....the voters do a great job. Ex: Detroit...Obama...and Marion Barry. If you need any other examples let me know.

...says the man demanding laws to prevent people from voting for who they want to, because they're too stupid to vote against those you don't like.

How do you deal with the cognitive dissonance?

Term limits are a crutch for those who can't beat well qualified representatives who are meeting the needs of their constituents. Easier to tell them they can no longer vote for the representative they want and must choose from a bunch of newbys

You obviously don't

Yeah....the voters do a great job. Ex: Detroit...Obama...and Marion Barry. If you need any other examples let me know.

Of course. The people are stupid, so they need someone like you to tell them what to think and who to vote for.

It's for their own good, right?

In other words, you voted for the other guy, and he or she lost - so now you want to override your fellow citizen's votes, because you know better than them.

I was never eligible to vote in any election Pell was in...his last election was in 1990. (And he may have been unopposed that year.)

I've made it a policy not to vote for an incumbent in a primary, I don't think the words professional and politician belong in the same sentence.

Forum List

Back