Health insurers seek big premium hikes for ObamaCare plans in 2016

been the story all day , your mandated obamacare is going to get more expensive WryCatcher !!

It's the Bush administration allowing insurers to buy providers.

In all States health care insurers own most or a great percentage of the healthcare providers. So the providers (insurance companies) demand more money from the insurers (themselves). Pretty sweet deal!

FYI: If Reagan hadn't deregulated the HMO act, all of this (ACA) wouldn't be necessary.
Bullshit. Go back to Columbia and finish your "masters in business" little man.

No, rates are skyrocketing because Obamacare promised free shit. But there is no free shit. Someone has to pay for it. And guess who that always is. The consumer/taxpayer.
They insisted on no prior condition. They insisted that everyone should pay the same rate. They insisted on a bunch of free things like the insurance companies were just going to pay that out of their profits (and no, they dont make enough to do that).
It didnt happen that way. Now we have the worst health insurance system in the world. My own policy went from over $600 to over $800 next year. Another couple of years of incresaes and I wont be able to afford coverage at all. Along with millions of others. So a program designed to give "affordable health insurance" to about 5M people will end creating tens of millions of uninsureds.
Thanks, Obama!

Part of the cost increase? Overhead. Big, fat, over-reaching government bureaucracy doesn't come cheap folks!

"Five years after the passage of ObamaCare, there is one expense that’s still causing sticker shock across the healthcare industry: overhead costs.

The administrative costs for healthcare plans are expected to explode by more than a quarter of a trillion dollars over the next decade, according to a new study published by the Health Affairs blog.

The $270 billion in new costs, for both private insurance companies and government programs, will be “over and above what would have been expected had the law not been enacted,” one of the authors, David Himmelstein, wrote Wednesday.

Those costs will be particularly high this year, when overhead is expected to make up 45 percent of all federal spending related to the Affordable Care Act. By 2022, that ratio will decrease to about 20 percent of federal spending related to the law.
The study is based on data from both the government’s National Health Expenditure Projections and the Congressional Budget Office. Both authors are members of Physicians for a National Health Program, which advocates for a single-payer system.

"This number – 22.5 percent of all new spending going into overheard – is shocking even to me, to be honest. It’s almost one out of every four dollars is just going to bureaucracy," the study's other author, Steffie Woolhandler, said Wednesday."

Overhead costs exploding under ObamaCare study finds TheHill

Profiteering by insurance companies.

Nope. His policy was cancelled because it was not (un)aca compliant, new policy is, costs are exorbitant because of this pos law. You can't mandate a bunch of things to be covered and expect the premium to stay the same. Had this pos law not been passed there is no fucking WAY his premium w/be 400% higher than it was two years ago.

Policies are canceled by insurance companies, not because of regulation. A rider could have been attached to cover any changes.

Insurance companies set prices. If you're paying too much, complain to your insurer.

i wasn't complaining , heck , I was laughing at you obamacare people '1Percenter' !!

I was very happy with the way things were , and this new debacle doesn't really matter to me and my comment is just poking fun '1 percenter' !!

You were happy with taxpayers fitting the $600B/yr bill for the uninsured? What happened to the Republican mantra of paying your own way?
So those subsidies are coming from outer space?

No, the subsidies are far less than paying for the uninsured, thus saving money.

been the story all day , your mandated obamacare is going to get more expensive WryCatcher !!

It's the Bush administration allowing insurers to buy providers.

In all States health care insurers own most or a great percentage of the healthcare providers. So the providers (insurance companies) demand more money from the insurers (themselves). Pretty sweet deal!

FYI: If Reagan hadn't deregulated the HMO act, all of this (ACA) wouldn't be necessary.
Bullshit. Go back to Columbia and finish your "masters in business" little man.

No, rates are skyrocketing because Obamacare promised free shit. But there is no free shit. Someone has to pay for it. And guess who that always is. The consumer/taxpayer.
They insisted on no prior condition. They insisted that everyone should pay the same rate. They insisted on a bunch of free things like the insurance companies were just going to pay that out of their profits (and no, they dont make enough to do that).
It didnt happen that way. Now we have the worst health insurance system in the world. My own policy went from over $600 to over $800 next year. Another couple of years of incresaes and I wont be able to afford coverage at all. Along with millions of others. So a program designed to give "affordable health insurance" to about 5M people will end creating tens of millions of uninsureds.
Thanks, Obama!

$200.00 per year is 'skyrocketing?'

Obamacare the gift that keeps on taking.

Health insurers seek big premium hikes for ObamaCare plans in 2016 Fox News

Dozens of health insurers selling plans under ObamaCare have requested hefty premium increases for 2016, according to preliminary information published Monday by the White House.

The insurers have cited higher-than-expected care costs from customers they gained under the ObamaCare's coverage expansion and the rising cost of prescription drugs and other expenses as reasons for proposing the increases, many of which are in the double-digit percentages.

Among the market leaders, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is seeking a roughly 26 percent premium increase, while plans in Illinois and Florida, among other states, are asking for hikes of 20 percent or more. In Pennsylvania, Highmark Health Insurance Co. is asking for a 30 percent increase.

This is all part of the plan. While Obama and the Dems pretend that these are unintended and unexpected consequences, they knew this would happen. First, it gives them another reason to bash those evil insurance companies. The left wants single payer and Obamacare was designed as a rather underhanded way of getting there.

This is all part of the plan. While Obama and the Dems pretend that these are unintended and unexpected consequences, they knew this would happen. First, it gives them another reason to bash those evil insurance companies. The left wants single payer and Obamacare was designed as a rather underhanded way of getting there.

Insurance companies ARE EVIL. Their organization is built to collect premiums while paying very little out. Insurance companies have made record profits, so much so that in Vegas, United Healthcare owns the majority of hospitals AND Doctors AND support service such as x-ray and MRI. That takes big money.

never bothered me , I liked insurance all my life until obamacare and even then I only really oppose the mandate '1percenter' .

never bothered me , I liked insurance all my life until obamacare and even the I only really oppose the mandate '1percenter' .

You 'liked' insurance? Insurance is a necessary evil unless you have the means to post a bond.

Part of the cost increase? Overhead. Big, fat, over-reaching government bureaucracy doesn't come cheap folks!

"Five years after the passage of ObamaCare, there is one expense that’s still causing sticker shock across the healthcare industry: overhead costs.

The administrative costs for healthcare plans are expected to explode by more than a quarter of a trillion dollars over the next decade, according to a new study published by the Health Affairs blog.

The $270 billion in new costs, for both private insurance companies and government programs, will be “over and above what would have been expected had the law not been enacted,” one of the authors, David Himmelstein, wrote Wednesday.

Those costs will be particularly high this year, when overhead is expected to make up 45 percent of all federal spending related to the Affordable Care Act. By 2022, that ratio will decrease to about 20 percent of federal spending related to the law.
The study is based on data from both the government’s National Health Expenditure Projections and the Congressional Budget Office. Both authors are members of Physicians for a National Health Program, which advocates for a single-payer system.

"This number – 22.5 percent of all new spending going into overheard – is shocking even to me, to be honest. It’s almost one out of every four dollars is just going to bureaucracy," the study's other author, Steffie Woolhandler, said Wednesday."

Nope. His policy was cancelled because it was not (un)aca compliant, new policy is, costs are exorbitant because of this pos law. You can't mandate a bunch of things to be covered and expect the premium to stay the same. Had this pos law not been passed there is no fucking WAY his premium w/be 400% higher than it was two years ago.

Policies are canceled by insurance companies, not because of regulation. A rider could have been attached to cover any changes.

Insurance companies set prices. If you're paying too much, complain to your insurer.
Of course regulations cause insurers to cancel policies, nudnik. This is obvious.

His policy would never have been cancelled had the unaca forced the insurance companies hand. The unaca is the reason for millions having their policies cancelled, new policies written, prices skyrocketing. New policies were forced upon people specifically because of the unaca.

never bothered me , I liked insurance all my life until obamacare and even the I only really oppose the mandate '1percenter' .

You 'liked' insurance? Insurance is a necessary evil unless you have the means to post a bond.

It isn't a necessary 'evil' you twit. Insurance (any kind) provides a service and peace of mind.

I'm always amazed that people bitch and moan about insurance, lamenting that 'I paid money and didn't even use it'. DUH, that's how you want it to be. Seriously, the ideal situation is to pay for insurance, have the coverage in case, but never have to use.

It isn't a necessary 'evil' you twit. Insurance (any kind) provides a service and peace of mind.

I'm always amazed that people bitch and moan about insurance, lamenting that 'I paid money and didn't even use it'. DUH, that's how you want it to be. Seriously, the ideal situation is to pay for insurance, have the coverage in case, but never have to use.

Insurance is a necessary evil unless you have the means to post a bond.

His policy would never have been cancelled had the unaca forced the insurance companies hand. The unaca is the reason for millions having their policies cancelled, new policies written, prices skyrocketing. New policies were forced upon people specifically because of the unaca.

Mine wasn't canceled. A rider was attached to cover additional coverage.

Forum List

Back