Heater broken..help!

ChloeP80

Jan 23, 2013
Hi. We recently moved into a new house in the Dallas area, and are in the middle of decorating. We've had a few problems though, so could do with some help. The main problem is the heater, there's something wrong with it and the previous tenanats advised us to get a new one as they've had it repaired a number of times but without success. We're new to the area so the only way to find a company is by searching the net...Problem is, there are many of them like this one for example, but before I sign up to anything I thought I'd ask on here as I prefer to go with somewhere I know is reliable. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice maybe? Would really help, thank you!

Ask around, vs. picking someone off the internet/the yellow pages. Many Heating/AC people do a lot of their work cheaper, and on the side, after their normal working hours as a side business. I can name five of them just off the top of my head. Just ask around - someone will know someone that can help you out.

Thanks for the reply, Warrior102. I've asked around but not much luck so far :( I've been having a look on Angie's list which looks quite promising, so maybe I can get somewhere with Angie's list. Moving house and doing all this work is just such a nightmare!

Don't hire anybody that belongs to a union... THEY are all communists.

Don't hire any blacks... they are all thieves and just using the opportunity to case your home.. plus they are shifty and will never do what they say they will do on time..

Don't hire any Mexicans because they are just here to steal the job from good Americans..

Don't hire anyone "working after hours" because thier employer pays good money for his advertising so the employee is stealing from his employer.

Find out the prospective heating worker's stand on religion.. You don't want to inadvertantly being caught contributing to an Al Queda cell by hiring a Muslim.. You certainly don't want to be paying money to someone that will give a dime to Planned Parenthood.

Don't hire anyone that believes in global warming.. you should only be concerned with the warming in your own home..

Don't hire anyone with any kind of training because they will probably find something wrong that you had never thought of and it will cost you thousands to correct a problem you never knew you had....

Don't hire a fat person.. they will raid your refergerator..

Don't hire a skinny person... they obviously don't get hired much and have the money to feed themselves..

These are just a few of the many pittfalls you can encounter ... Be Carefull !!!

I don't understand, the landlord is responsible for the heater, have them fix it.

Don't hire any blacks... they are all thieves and just using the opportunity to case your home.. plus they are shifty and will never do what they say they will do on time..

Don't hire any Mexicans because they are just here to steal the job from good Americans..

Don't hire anyone "working after hours" because thier employer pays good money for his advertising so the employee is stealing from his employer.

Find out the prospective heating worker's stand on religion.. You don't want to inadvertantly being caught contributing to an Al Queda cell by hiring a Muslim.. You certainly don't want to be paying money to someone that will give a dime to Planned Parenthood.

Don't hire anyone that believes in global warming.. you should only be concerned with the warming in your own home..

Don't hire anyone with any kind of training because they will probably find something wrong that you had never thought of and it will cost you thousands to correct a problem you never knew you had....

Don't hire a skinny person... they obviously don't get hired much and have the money to feed themselves..

These are just a few of the many pittfalls you can encounter ... Be Carefull !!!

What a racist POS you are.

stock-photo-illustration-of-airline-boarding-pass-ticket-saying-new-york-to-the-world-isolated-on-white-30692860.jpg

Hi. We recently moved into a new house in the Dallas area, and are in the middle of decorating. We've had a few problems though, so could do with some help. The main problem is the heater, there's something wrong with it and the previous tenanats advised us to get a new one as they've had it repaired a number of times but without success. We're new to the area so the only way to find a company is by searching the net...Problem is, there are many of them like this one for example, but before I sign up to anything I thought I'd ask on here as I prefer to go with somewhere I know is reliable. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice maybe? Would really help, thank you!

i would ask others in the area who they use

ask the old tenants who they used

from the sounds of it you would want to avoid them

what kind of heater

water heater or room air heater

what name brand

in the yellow pages there will be contractors

that are certified to work on whatever name brand you have most likely

Go to a local hardware store or two and ask for names of reputable folks who could do the work.
I've done this with success.

Ask anyone in Lowe's in the plumbing/heating/ac areas...
Hell liable to find the repair guy right on the spot!

My heater isn't broken.

My heater isn't broken.
Maybe not, but your fuckin' head is, shit for brains.

My heater isn't broken.
Maybe not, but your fuckin' head is, shit for brains.

I go to all the trouble to address the question posed by the OP and this is all you have?

Typical christian fascists.. accept no responsibility.. politicise any need for repairing anything.

You and ButtWarriorToo are a joke. How can you look at yourselves in the mirror when there is an American out there with no heater?

Loser.

Thanks for the reply, Warrior102. I've asked around but not much luck so far :( I've been having a look on Angie's list which looks quite promising, so maybe I can get somewhere with Angie's list. Moving house and doing all this work is just such a nightmare!
Try asking members of your church congregation. I am sure many of them are handymen, and will be willing to help you.

Forum List

Back