heater valve

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
I had to replace my heater valve this weekend. It is that piece that connects 2 hoses for the cooling system between the motor and the firewall.. I got it on with no problem. However, my heater isn't working. It blows just fine, but it is cold as hell.
There is a small piece under it that connects to a wire running into the firewall. I wonder if I did something wrong with that?
Perhaps it is a completely different issue?

Is it possible that the heater core is so plugged up it only allows enough water to pass to cool the engine?
When my nozzle fatigued off, I bypassed the heater valve. I had a nozzle and put the 2 hoses together on that. I had to run my heater 24/7 but it worked. I even had to roll my windows down lol.
Basically, it worked until I put the valve on.

thermostat? perhaps? you need to get that working...snowing here....we are suppose to have brutal cold in the next few days..day care is delayed....so i got the bestest baby tomorrow....

Is it possible that the heater core is so plugged up it only allows enough water to pass to cool the engine?
When my nozzle fatigued off, I bypassed the heater valve. I had a nozzle and put the 2 hoses together on that. I had to run my heater 24/7 but it worked. I even had to roll my windows down lol.
Okay, then the valve is not working. Is it mechanical or electrical?

Okay, then the valve is not working. Is it mechanical or electrical?
mechanical. There is this plastic piece I had to screw to the bottom. It connected to a wire going into the firewall. I wonder if that is defunct? Maybe I should call the guy I ordered the part from..
I honestly didn't even consider the part not working..

$_35.JPG

The wire is most likely the trigger. The valve must have a sensor.
So either the wire is screwed OR your computer is mis-reading the sensor.
Good deal. What do you think I should do first?
And it isn't the thermostat. I checked the temp when I got to work.
Check the impedance on the wire like you would an electronic fuel injector. The wire may not be sending signal.
Will do. Will update later. Thanks man!

I just realized my knob that goes from cold to hot on my dash is stuck on hot. I wonder if I did something to it? That's assuming that's where that line on my valve goes to?

Forum List

Back