Heating and AC , You're screwed

They don't care about costs as long as it serves their purpose.

Nobody knows this more than us in the transportation field.

During the Bush years, they forced the transportation industry to use low-sulfur fuel. Prior to that, diesel fuel was always cheaper than gasoline. After the regulation went into effect, diesel fuel surpassed the cost of gasoline; sometimes more than a dollar per gallon. But that wasn't enough.....

They also forced truck manufacturers to install thousands of dollars of "green" technologies into their vehicles. One in particular is Diesel Emission Fluid, or DEF for short. All trucks manufactured after 2010 had to have DEF systems on them. Makes you wonder how many EPA heads and Congress critters had investments in DEF companies?

But the costs of DEF and multiple computers in new trucks was just the beginning of new costs. Now, trucks breakdown ten times more often than they used to, 80% of the problems are associated with some pollution gadget going haywire.

Yes, we pay these costs up front, but who ultimately pays these costs in the end? That's right, we increase the cost of doing business to our customers who manufacture products we buy every day. From sofas to televisions, from computers to carpeting, from grapes in the grocery store to paint at your hardware store. Everything we buy today has these additional environmental costs that the transportation companies have to pass on to the rest of us.
You don't want to make the planet unlivable, now do you? Because that's exactly what you do burning more fossil fuel.

During the Bush years, they forced the transportation industry to use low-sulfur fuel. Prior to that, diesel fuel was always cheaper than gasoline. After the regulation went into effect, diesel fuel surpassed the cost of gasoline; sometimes more than a dollar per gallon. But that wasn't enough.....

They also forced truck manufacturers to install thousands of dollars of "green" technologies into their vehicles. One in particular is Diesel Emission Fluid, or DEF for short. All trucks manufactured after 2010 had to have DEF systems on them. Makes you wonder how many EPA heads and Congress critters had investments in DEF companies?

But the costs of DEF and multiple computers in new trucks was just the beginning of new costs. Now, trucks breakdown ten times more often than they used to, 80% of the problems are associated with some pollution gadget going haywire.

Yes, we pay these costs up front, but who ultimately pays these costs in the end? That's right, we increase the cost of doing business to our customers who manufacture products we buy every day. From sofas to televisions, from computers to carpeting, from grapes in the grocery store to paint at your hardware store. Everything we buy today has these additional environmental costs that the transportation companies have to pass on to the rest of us.
You don't want to make the planet unlivable, now do you? Because that's exactly what you do burning more fossil fuel.
How so?

So tell me, when did you notice how much cleaner our air was thanks to these regulations?

Let me give you Ray from Cleveland's rule of environment: You can't make an environmentalist happy, it's just not possible.

Environment is a bottomless money pit that can never be filled. If you took every last dollar from every American in this country, and put it towards the environment, they would still be complaining.

How do I know this? Because we've been trying to make them happy for over 50 years now. Yet they are more unhappy today than they were back then after the trillions of dollars we've spent on the environment.

So tell me, when did you notice how much cleaner our air was thanks to these regulations?
When I walk outside and see a blue sky, instead of a brown one.

Let me give you Ray from Cleveland's rule of environment: You can't make an environmentalist happy, it's just not possible.

Environment is a bottomless money pit that can never be filled. If you took every last dollar from every American in this country, and put it towards the environment, they would still be complaining.

How do I know this? Because we've been trying to make them happy for over 50 years now. Yet they are more unhappy today than they were back then after the trillions of dollars we've spent on the environment.
If you don't care about the environment, the alternatives are much worse.

I didn't even realize...

I guess this January the government , with their "efficiency" BS , made 14 SEER heating and air conditioning the minimum which can be sold in the U.S.

One of the manufacturers told us they are barley scraping by making 14 SEER equipment, if the government raises the minimum to 15 SEER (which I think they are already planning to do) then we're talking about high efficiency motors. In my area high efficiency motors average $1500.

The high efficiency equipment designers have a habit of placing several circuit boards into one system. circuit boards are $400 to $800. Many go out without any reason.

Like everything else, the government is going to save you 5 bucks on your monthly bill , but send the money back to the economy with high repair costs.

By-the-way, I heard something about a new refrigerant for cars, R1234 , currently selling for $1000 per jug

It's worse than that. The pipes that carry the refrigerant are much thinner on an efficient system. This increases the rate of heat exchange. But the pipes being thinner mean they break more easily. A failure that almost never happened on older less efficient systems is becoming far more common. It gets even worse. The pipes that fail not only mean loss of the refrigerant, but a very expensive and time consuming repair to disassemble the entire system and replace the section where the failed pipe is located.

So what will the average paycheck to paycheck family do? They will buy a half dozen window units which are very inefficient and leave the broken whole house system alone.

When I walk outside and see a blue sky, instead of a brown one.

If you don't care about the environment, the alternatives are much worse.
We do care about the environment....that's why we are taking on your destructive democrat environmental policies.....

Forum List

Back