Heating and AC , You're screwed

I didn't even realize...

I guess this January the government , with their "efficiency" BS , made 14 SEER heating and air conditioning the minimum which can be sold in the U.S.

One of the manufacturers told us they are barley scraping by making 14 SEER equipment, if the government raises the minimum to 15 SEER (which I think they are already planning to do) then we're talking about high efficiency motors. In my area high efficiency motors average $1500.

The high efficiency equipment designers have a habit of placing several circuit boards into one system. circuit boards are $400 to $800. Many go out without any reason.

Like everything else, the government is going to save you 5 bucks on your monthly bill , but send the money back to the economy with high repair costs.

By-the-way, I heard something about a new refrigerant for cars, R1234 , currently selling for $1000 per jug
Have faith. Trump hopes to abolish the EPA and a/c manufactures and other industries can do anything they want to the environment and long after Trump is gone we will be paying the price.

You would have us all doomed to object poverty from birth to death, while justifying it with your non stop "its for the environment!" montra.

Your fabricated truth is wearing out. We already have to pay $10 for a $1 light bulb, that saves us 3¢ a year. It's getting old.

Only in leftard land does dooming people to impoverished misery in order to save them from some theoretical eco-misery, make sense.

Appliances? All more efficient now.

If we had listened to these luddites, our economy would be getting reamed by the inefficient technology wasting massive amounts of energy, on top of environmental damage. And we wouldn't be able to sell the US goods in europe an other markets, so exports would be hammered. It's as if the luddites want to destroy both our economy and our environment.
LOL at the name calling then immediately launching into brainwashed tripe. Technology has always moved forward and always will. Government forcing standards ahead of time causes all kinds of problems and we end users take it in the shorts.

Due to CAFE standards I lost a car engine, and my ass. Got stuck in Canada. The engine was too small for the body but GM stuck it in there to meet government regulations.

Appliances for the most part are not made to last. You can find refrigerators from the 50s still plugging along. My HE Samsung washing machine died. Sure it used less water but when I replaced it with a Speed Queen, made the old fashioned way, I discovered it took twice as long. I use more water per load now but do it in half the time. Electricity costs money too.

Save your lecture for your fellow drones.

In my house that I just inherited from my mother is a Wizard refrigerator that was built in 1957. It had NEVER been serviced. Not bad for a 60 year-old refrigerator.

They built them to last. I have a 1973 A/C and furnace that works perfectly. I had to replace the pilot light, and that's about it. I wonder what SEER regulation that's at?

I think I'll have to import my next furnace from Mexico, to get a good one.

You would have us all doomed to object poverty from birth to death, while justifying it with your non stop "its for the environment!" montra.

We're proud of saving so many third world lives from death at the hands of the environmental and economic butchers that you support. We are not sorry we've stopped you from killing so many millions, and crying at us won't change our minds.

Your fabricated truth is wearing out. We already have to pay $10 for a $1 light bulb, that saves us 3¢ a year. It's getting old.

There's you problem. You don't even know what a light bulb costs, or what energy costs. You're living in an alternate reality.

The whole light bulb thing must have been very embarrassing for you. You made all kind of predictions of doom, and the exact opposite happened. Better light bulbs arrived at cheap prices. We were right, you were wrong. Game over, thanks for playing.

Appliances? All more efficient now.

If we had listened to these luddites, our economy would be getting reamed by the inefficient technology wasting massive amounts of energy, on top of environmental damage. And we wouldn't be able to sell the US goods in europe an other markets, so exports would be hammered. It's as if the luddites want to destroy both our economy and our environment.
LOL at the name calling then immediately launching into brainwashed tripe. Technology has always moved forward and always will. Government forcing standards ahead of time causes all kinds of problems and we end users take it in the shorts.

Due to CAFE standards I lost a car engine, and my ass. Got stuck in Canada. The engine was too small for the body but GM stuck it in there to meet government regulations.

Appliances for the most part are not made to last. You can find refrigerators from the 50s still plugging along. My HE Samsung washing machine died. Sure it used less water but when I replaced it with a Speed Queen, made the old fashioned way, I discovered it took twice as long. I use more water per load now but do it in half the time. Electricity costs money too.

Save your lecture for your fellow drones.

In my house that I just inherited from my mother is a Wizard refrigerator that was built in 1957. It had NEVER been serviced. Not bad for a 60 year-old refrigerator.

I just replaced mine last year. It was a GE that gave me 25 years of service. GE used to make appliances that lasted forever. In fact, my mother still has a GE window air conditioner I bought for her (used) back in 1983, and it's still kicking out cold air.

It's much more than 5%, and if you're going to question where they get their money from, you better question why the politicians wish this global warming hoax was real.

Politicians (particularly from the left) have been trying to gain more control over the people of this country for many years. They've come quite a ways, but they don't have total control thanks to conservatives and our US Constitution.

There are two entities preventing them from total control, and those two things are energy and healthcare. Once they have control over those two things, they will have total control over the people, and that's why Democrats are trying so hard to get this control.

So you can offer them the freedoms we have left by buying into this global warming nonsense, or you can resist and preserve freedom for the people of the future.

I never thought of it that way "THE MAN THAT CONTROLS THE LIGHT BULBS, CONTROLS TH NATION!!!"
Is that what you are trying to say?

In a sense, yes. Think of it this way: how many things do we do in a normal day that is related to energy or health? I'll highlight it in red.

Before you wake up in the morning, your automatic thermostat turns on the heat for your comfort. Your electric alarm clock goes off, and you get up and begin to make breakfast on the stove using natural gas or propane. You decide on bacon and eggs, loaded with salt, fat and other artery clogging compounds that increase your cholesterol. You then rinse off your plate with hot water and put that and your utensils in the dish washer.

Then you get into a nice hot shower, come out, and dry your hair with a hair dryer. Then you drive to work, get into the office or shop, and get a cup of coffee and doughnuts before you get started. Lunch time comes around and you drive to Burger King for a whopper combo.

At the end of the day, you drive home, eat dinner, and have a couple of drinks while watching television. Then it's make a sandwich for the evening, and head to bed only to start the day all over again tomorrow.

This is a typical day in America, and I won't even get into sporting activities like soft ball, weight lifting, or racket ball. Or perhaps you drive a motorcycle which could have dire consequences if you get into an accident. Maybe you smoke cigarettes, weed or cigars.

Most things we do in a day are related to energy and health. Even though government doesn't totally control that yet, look at what DumBama did in relation to both those things: school lunches, closing down tobacco shops all across America, trying to close down coal powered electric plants, increased CAFE standards for cars and trucks in the future, forcing restaurants to post calorie count on every single item they sell.

Don't be silly. I like more efficient appliances, including light bulbs, and better cars, and all that other stuff. I've always wondered what the purpose of all the control you are whining about might be. Do they just like telling people what to do, or is there some specific purpose that they want to accomplish after the overlords succeed in total control?

Sure, if they have control of that, they can control your life. They can tell you what you are allowed to eat, what you are allowed to drink, how much time you need to spend exercising, what you must use for transportation, what kind of physical activities you are allowed to be involved in, how much natural gas you're allowed to use, how much electricity you are allowed to use, just any number of things.

And don't say it can't happen here.

Japan, Seeking Trim Waists, Measures Millions
By NORIMITSU ONISHIJUNE 13, 2008

Summoned by the city of Amagasaki one recent morning, Minoru Nogiri, 45, a flower shop owner, found himself lining up to have his waistline measured. With no visible paunch, he seemed to run little risk of being classified as overweight, or metabo, the preferred word in Japan these days.

But because the new state-prescribed limit for male waistlines is a strict 33.5 inches, he had anxiously measured himself at home a couple of days earlier. “I’m on the border,” he said.

Under a national law that came into effect two months ago, companies and local governments must now measure the waistlines of Japanese people between the ages of 40 and 74 as part of their annual checkups. That represents more than 56 million waistlines, or about 44 percent of the entire population.

Those exceeding government limits — 33.5 inches for men and 35.4 inches for women, which are identical to thresholds established in 2005 for Japan by the International Diabetes Federation as an easy guideline for identifying health risks — and having a weight-related ailment will be given dieting guidance if after three months they do not lose weight. If necessary, those people will be steered toward further re-education after six more months.

Japan, Seeking Trim Waists, Measures Millions

That was the basis of my question. Why would they want to control how much I exercise? What would that do for them?

It creates dependency. If you need X, you better vote Democrat to get it. If Democrats were ever in a position of total power, then if you want healthcare, you better not smoke. If you want healthcare, you better not eat fast food. If you want energy, you better vote Democrat to get it. If you want to have personal transportation instead of taking public, you better buy an electric car.

Michelle Obama decided to rule over school lunches. Kids were throwing away their meals and hitting the candy machine, so she took that away too. In hindsight, do you really believe that Democrats gave a damn if you had health insurance or not? No, they just needed Commie Care to create more government dependents (20 million new dependents) because government dependents generally vote Democrat. Foreigners? All people of color vote Democrat by majority, so their goal is to make the white race the new minority as quickly as possible. It would insure them that we become a single-party nation.

It's Thunderdome. When you depend on government for everything, then you will vote for more government to get it. Any government large enough to give you everything you want is large enough to take everything away.

We're proud of saving so many third world lives from death at the hands of the environmental and economic butchers that you support. We are not sorry we've stopped you from killing so many millions, and crying at us won't change our minds.

There's you problem. You don't even know what a light bulb costs, or what energy costs. You're living in an alternate reality.

The whole light bulb thing must have been very embarrassing for you. You made all kind of predictions of doom, and the exact opposite happened. Better light bulbs arrived at cheap prices. We were right, you were wrong. Game over, thanks for playing.
You fascist democrats have killed untold millions in third world countries with your environmental regulations....

You will respond to my post with an aura of cluelessness and contempt as you have no fucking clue as to the consequences of your fucked up fascist actions....

In a sense, yes. Think of it this way: how many things do we do in a normal day that is related to energy or health? I'll highlight it in red.

Before you wake up in the morning, your automatic thermostat turns on the heat for your comfort. Your electric alarm clock goes off, and you get up and begin to make breakfast on the stove using natural gas or propane. You decide on bacon and eggs, loaded with salt, fat and other artery clogging compounds that increase your cholesterol. You then rinse off your plate with hot water and put that and your utensils in the dish washer.

Then you get into a nice hot shower, come out, and dry your hair with a hair dryer. Then you drive to work, get into the office or shop, and get a cup of coffee and doughnuts before you get started. Lunch time comes around and you drive to Burger King for a whopper combo.

At the end of the day, you drive home, eat dinner, and have a couple of drinks while watching television. Then it's make a sandwich for the evening, and head to bed only to start the day all over again tomorrow.

This is a typical day in America, and I won't even get into sporting activities like soft ball, weight lifting, or racket ball. Or perhaps you drive a motorcycle which could have dire consequences if you get into an accident. Maybe you smoke cigarettes, weed or cigars.

Most things we do in a day are related to energy and health. Even though government doesn't totally control that yet, look at what DumBama did in relation to both those things: school lunches, closing down tobacco shops all across America, trying to close down coal powered electric plants, increased CAFE standards for cars and trucks in the future, forcing restaurants to post calorie count on every single item they sell.
Coal powered electric plants should be closed down.

DDT would be an example of attempted conservative butchery in the third world.

Because of mass agricultural spraying, mosquitoes were becoming resistant to DDT. Liberals stopped that. Mosquitoes thus did not become resistant, DDT still worked against them for malaria control, and that's how liberals stopped millions of malaria deaths.

Butchers like Owebo have never forgiven us for that. Most conservatives feel the same. Most of them will proudly announce how they despise the liberal DDT policies that prevented those millions of malaria deaths. TheParty commands them to hate all liberal policies, especially the most successful ones.

Conservative PC ignorance of science and the environment is not harmless. It would kill millions, if given the chance. Given the choice between admitting they were wrong and killing millions, most conservatives would choose to kill millions.

Owebo, just how many millions dead would it take to slake your bloodlust?

We are actually bidding on engineering for several new ones.....sadness on you and your Envirofascism...

DDT would be an example of attempted conservative butchery in the third world.

Because of mass agricultural spraying, mosquitoes were becoming resistant to DDT. Liberals stopped that. Mosquitoes thus did not become resistant, DDT still worked against them for malaria control, and that's how liberals stopped millions of malaria deaths.

Butchers like Owebo have never forgiven us for that. Most conservatives feel the same. Most of them will proudly announce how they despise the liberal DDT policies that prevented those millions of malaria deaths. TheParty commands them to hate all liberal policies, especially the most successful ones.

Conservative PC ignorance of science and the environment is not harmless. It would kill millions, if given the chance. Given the choice between admitting they were wrong and killing millions, most conservatives would choose to kill millions.

Owebo, just how many millions dead would it take to slake your bloodlust?
120,708,446 people have been murderd to date thanks to your draconian environmental regulations on DDT....

But that's not the most recent example I was thinking of.....

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Liberals are the saviors of the world, aren't they? Be careful if you leave town and stay at a hotel. Bedbugs are everywhere you know, after the elimination of DDT.

Liberals are the saviors of the world, aren't they? Be careful if you leave town and stay at a hotel. Bedbugs are everywhere you know, after the elimination of DDT.
mamooth the cat lady is not the brightest fascist candle in the box....:lol:

AC guys are not fans of 14-16 SEER units. A lot of times they have to call the manufacturer.

The change from 12-14 caused really expensive problems. The 14 seer units were larger than the 12 seer. Home warranty companies had to increase their premiums because of the change. The closets in the hallway were not big enough for the new 14 units. Another location had to be found required changing the location for the electrical, rearranging the duct work and all the plumbing going to the compressor unit outside. Perhaps they have come down in size since but for a long time it was a very expensive problem.

AC guys are not fans of 14-16 SEER units. A lot of times they have to call the manufacturer.

The change from 12-14 caused really expensive problems. The 14 seer units were larger than the 12 seer. Home warranty companies had to increase their premiums because of the change. The closets in the hallway were not big enough for the new 14 units. Another location had to be found required changing the location for the electrical, rearranging the duct work and all the plumbing going to the compressor unit outside. Perhaps they have come down in size since but for a long time it was a very expensive problem.
Liberals did the same thing with water heater regulations....inflicting massive damage to the environment.....

My guess is that few people even know that you can eat DDT for years without any ill effects. The banning of the cheap, effect insecticide has also cost MILLIONS OF LIVES. Used properly it is harmless to humans, other animals and birds.

120,708,446 people have been murderd to date thanks to your draconian environmental regulations on DDT....

So like I said, you don't care that your DDT policies would kill millions. Liberals backed those polices, so you want them gone, even though you know millions would die.

Conservative ignorance is as immoral as genocide, being it tends to have the same effects.

And thousands of people across China and India, and Africa, will all die. But you know what is best for the planet.... poor people dying.

So like I said, you don't care that your DDT policies would kill millions. Liberals backed those polices, so you want them gone, even though you know millions would die.

Conservative ignorance is as immoral as genocide, being it tends to have the same effects.
Over 120 million people you murdered.....seems SOP for you Envirofascists.....

mamooth the cat lady is not the brightest fascist candle in the box....:lol:

Apparently

Worldwide, the disease kills an estimated 660,000 people each year, 90 per cent of them in Africa, with the majority being children.

South Africa aims to rid the country of the disease by 2018.

At the centre of the fight to eliminate infections is the use of the highly contentious insecticide dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, better known by its acronym DDT, to kill the malaria-transmitting vectors.

The chemical, which is sprayed inside houses, is linked to genital birth defects, infertility and cancer, and is banned in many parts of the world. Its use was halted in 1996, but South Africa reintroduced it in 2000 as part of a plan to curb a major malaria outbreak.

Authorities say infections soared to more than threefold in 1996 after the use of DDT was halted, rising to 64,500 in 2000.

Malaria death rate slashed with use of controversial DDT

Forum List

Back