Zone1 Hell has gotten a bad name

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024

I haven't finished reading this yet but it sounds very interesting. I'll be back to annoy people later LOL

excerpt

Most funerals... We give eulogies. We do not remind ourselves that we too are to follow. Not to worry, in any case. Forgiveness in theory becomes not sacramental but sociological. Poverty, ignorance, prejudice, compassion — these excuses, these exterior forces, rule our internal order to explain why we must do what we did.

hmmm

Hell is nothing but eternal torture. Plus God turns his back against you.
no, we turn our backs on Him and that's how people end up in Hell.

Rebellion against God.. fornication, adultery, worshiping humans in place of God (and I could go on all day)

are not allowed in Heaven where there is NO sin whatsoever. God has no choice but to toss souls aside who do not love the sin-less Way Jesus told us of. They, if allowed to enter Heaven, would destroy it with their sin.

or to put it another way: It is SIN that drags people into Hell.. unrepented, unexpiated (through penance) sin. So we see the power of sin which we have to overcome to get to Heaven.

The new meaning of 'hell' could be enlightenment or being woke, for atheists!

Christians need to get together and come to agreement on whether or not all non-believers are going to burn in a lake of fire?

Or the other extreme of just a wrist slap or whatever is the latest?

What is the latest for Catholics? They seem to be evolving quicker than the others on trying to find common ground with modern science.

Hell is eternal death, not eternal life in torment.
Not to worry, most will be saved. :bowdown:
Jesus said that FEW find the Way to Heaven, so no, most will not be saved because most do not do what Jesus said.

Mt 7, Lk 13

Don't blame me. I didn't say it.

From site (my comments in brackets):

Ironically [the denial of Hell] is not a formula for human liberation but a guarantee of ultimate human meaninglessness and insignificance [not to mention misery as a result of violating God's laws].

Me:
That's because life has no meaning if there is no ultimate JUSTICE and PEACE (rest, from living in a very UNJUST world)

Forum List

Back