Hello From California!

Nov 11, 2013
Hello, my name is Philip and I am from California. Came across this forum looking for a place to discuss the issues, and have some healthy debate. Have been interested in politics for quite awhile now. I have worked on many campaigns as a staffer, both Presidential campaigns for Obama and then Congressional (federal and state).

I am a liberal at heart (ergo my username)...based on the issues at hand and what faces us in the future. The growing issues of climate change, equal rights issues, voting rights, our economy, healthcare, and foreign affairs...among others.

Thanks for having me.

Philip

Last edited:
Welcome, oh Liberal one.

Around here you walk hard AND carry a big stick.

Let's see if ya pass muster, Mister. :thup:

Welcome to USMB, LiberalatHeart...

1111111.gif

Hello, my name is Philip and I am from California. Came across this forum looking for a place to discuss the issues, and have some healthy debate. Have been interested in politics for quite awhile now. I have worked on many campaigns as a staffer, both Presidential campaigns for Obama and then Congressional (federal and state).

I am a liberal at heart (ergo my username)...based on the issues at hand and what faces us in the future. The growing issues of climate change, equal rights issues, voting rights, our economy, healthcare, and foreign affairs...among others.

Thanks for having me.

Philip
Welcome to USMB, Philip. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Hi to "from California" - I love California. I only lived there for 5 years but I loved every minute of it. Welcome to the Board, hope you enjoy posting here.

Thank you...I have already immersed myself in multiple discussions.

I am fine with walking hard and carrying a big stick, usually helps filter out the bullshit people tend to spout.

California is a nice place, I will be moving in a couple of years once I earn my wings....would like to head to colder regions. Gets tiring of 100+ degree Summers and confusing winters.

I am fine with walking hard and carrying a big stick, usually helps filter out the bullshit people tend to spout.

California is a nice place, I will be moving in a couple of years once I earn my wings....would like to head to colder regions. Gets tiring of 100+ degree Summers and confusing winters.

100+ degree summers? Do you live in Indio? Santa Monica never even gets warm! :lol:

I am near LA....the coastline is pretty nice in terms of weather but not my cup o' tea in terms of a place to live. The whole of the county has experience quite a shift in weather the past few years, hotter summers and colder winters....spring and fall have almost gone the way of the Dodo.

Where are you at that you get 100° summers? Lancaster? Palm Springs?

One thing I love about Southern California is that we have mild winters AND mild summers.

I am near LA....the coastline is pretty nice in terms of weather but not my cup o' tea in terms of a place to live. The whole of the county has experience quite a shift in weather the past few years, hotter summers and colder winters....spring and fall have almost gone the way of the Dodo.

That's true. I was in Santa Monica this past August.....the weather was beautiful. I really like it there.

I lived in Lancaster, now that's hot in the summer......didn't care for that part of Ca.

Forum List

Back