Here is who REALLY owns the government:

the current leadership positions for both parties are currently, for the most part, bought-and-paid-for water-carriers for their largest campaign donors as opposed to the people who voted for them.

Pretty sure the american people, those who vote control the government. Last I checked, these "big banks" can't vote.

Nominated for the Head in the Sand award of the day.

The thing is, you are the third person to say that. But, also, provide no substantive arguments as to why the people who elect the representatives aren't the one's who are responsible for those they elect. In a constitutional republic, the responsibility is on the citizen voter to chose his representatives.

I have heard this talk from supposed "anti-establishment" types, like Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan, Ross Perot, Dennis Kucinich, Ralph Nader etc. They all ran, and they all lost. If people didn't support the two party system, they wouldn't vote for it.

The fact is, you guys simply are out of touch with the american electorate.

Problem isnt who is in power. The problem is we are letting them excersize progressively MORE power. If we ALL complained when they do selective bailouts of their FAVORITE bankers, and told them not to do that -- wouldnt matter if Goldman or Lehman guys run the treasury or the Fed.

I see that you're one of the few people in this thread that actually watched the interview in the OP. :)

Watching the interview, seeing him take one truth, and then spinning a massive conspiracy that would make Glenn Beck believe, is not proof you can think, it just proves you want to ignore the problem.

Amazing that were so close to agreement. Diff is -- there are MORE powers that are bribable, then there used to be. Allowing the Feds to micromanage the marketplace and pick winners and losers just screams corruption. That and the fact that there is no place to hide from your party leadership for politicians with principles. Congress is literally run by 4 people. The 2 parties ekther cut corrupt deals or block all progress. We need to de-emphasize party and elect more independents, or start relying on 3rd parties to give shelter to pols with some morals and convictions.
I am to the point where I would support a Constitutional Amendment banning all political parties. If you want to run for office, then you better convince people of your character, your intent, and your vision and do it separate from any national party or organization.

that might help some. Washington was against political parties and their malevolent influence. It would help to ban dark $$$ and future employment at wall st firms, defense contractors, think tanks, etc...
Indeed...

WE have common ground.

65531_508046695977518_1071220503_n.jpg
It serves to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration....agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one....against another....it opens the door to foreign influence and corruption...thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another." http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/washing.asp
Now? What do WE do about it to cease this bickering that gets WE the people nowhere and the politicians richer in not only money, but POWER over us?

Pretty sure the american people, those who vote control the government. Last I checked, these "big banks" can't vote.

The thing is, you are the third person to say that. But, also, provide no substantive arguments as to why the people who elect the representatives aren't the one's who are responsible for those they elect. In a constitutional republic, the responsibility is on the citizen voter to chose his representatives.

I have heard this talk from supposed "anti-establishment" types, like Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan, Ross Perot, Dennis Kucinich, Ralph Nader etc. They all ran, and they all lost. If people didn't support the two party system, they wouldn't vote for it.

It couldn't be that the people who bother to vote are completely duped by the two party's BILLION $$$ spin-machines :eusa_whistle:

the current leadership positions for both parties are currently, for the most part, bought-and-paid-for water-carriers for their largest campaign donors as opposed to the people who voted for them.

Don't think so man. Nothing special about campaign donations. Even with public financing, politicians could be influenced. Favors would have a price. These 4 leaders get re-elected because of their POWER to deliver big ticket items to their districts. You gotta be REALLY principled to vote for the newbie when that kind of influence keeps your district humming..

Essentially, Harry Reid has enough influence to BUY his constituents.. Ponder that a moment.

Don't think so man. Nothing special about campaign donations. Even with public financing, politicians could be influenced. Favors would have a price. These 4 leaders get re-elected because of their POWER to deliver big ticket items to their districts. You gotta be REALLY principled to vote for the newbie when that kind of influence keeps your district humming..

Essentially, Harry Reid has enough influence to BUY his constituents.. Ponder that a moment.

yeah but the largest donors & think tanks are the ones who *cough* "take care of them" after they leave washington. They are given millions AFTER leaving Washington by their corporately sponsored masters.

yA5gHwA.png

Last edited:
I'll bet you voted for Bush, so it's your fault.

I couldn't have voted for Bush, I wasn't of voting age when he was president. I am not even a big fan of him, but seriously, find a new scapegoat, it's been over 5 years. I've heard it said it is everyone's fault(Bankers, Zionists(code for Jews), Bush etc etc). It is everyone's fault except for the president and the congress.

Give me a break.

The fault lies with BushCo, Republicans, and wall street.

Are you really that naive as to think the Obama Administration and liberal Democrats have contributed no part to this current stagnant economy? As the policies they have implemented have created anything BUT a robust booming job market for this country, beyond the usual need for federal unemployment extensions. Perhaps you need to remove your blinders to the big financial donors involved below.

Solyndra (solar panel manufacturer)
Self-interested parties: Democrat contributors George Kaiser, Steven Spinner & David Prend

Executive bonuses before bankruptcy - November 4, 2011
Solyndra Execs Reaped Bonuses Before Bankruptcy, Documents Show | Fox News

"Solyndra executives were awarded quarterly bonuses worth up to $60,000 apiece earlier this year as the California solar-panel company headed for bankruptcy, court documents show."

Violated loan 2010, got more money 2011 - September 28, 2011
Solyndra violated loan terms in 2010 but received more federal money, DOE confirms - The Washington Post

"The U.S. Department of Energy learned in December that Solyndra was violating its federal loan deal, but the agency changed the loan terms to allow the solar company to continue receiving taxpayer funds, federal officials confirmed Wednesday." []Chu takes responsibility for a loan deal that put more taxpayer money at risk in Solyndra - The Washington Post

SunPower (solar power technology)
Self-interested parties: Sen. Harry Reid, Rep. George Miller, Democrat lobbyist Patrick Murphy

More last-minute DOE loans favor Dem donors - September 29, 2011
New DoE loans favor even more Democratic donors « Hot Air

"...troubling financial revelations have emerged about SunPower, which sponsored a solar project that received a $1.2 billion loan, more than twice the money approved for Solyndra, which filed for bankruptcy last month after receiving a $528 million loan. ...SunPower posted $150 million in losses during the first half of this year and its debt is nearly 80 percent of its market value. The company is also facing class action lawsuits for misstating its earnings."

Nevada Geothermal Power (owned by U.S. Geothermal Inc.)
Self-interested parties: Former Harry Reid aides Kai Anderson & Paul Thomsen

Director paid six figures for Obama loans - October 31, 2011
Broke Green Co. Greases Director Six Figures for Obama Loans - John Ransom - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

"A financially-troubled Canadian alternative energy company with ties to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid paid a director the lion's share of $758,828 (CAD) in reported consulting fees, according to an analysis of the filings made by the company. The fee was a part of a consulting agreement in order to successfully arrange a loan guarantee by the Department of Energy."

Two more green energy loans in trouble - October 31, 2011 Yahoo!
"Executives, board members and investors involved with all three companies are closely linked to Obama, Reid and other prominent Democrats. Kai Anderson, a lobbyist for Nevada Geothermal’s partner corporation, Ormat Technology, is a former Senate aide to Harry Reid. Ormat’s CEO Paul Thomsen is another former Reid aide."

Beacon Power Corporation (energy storage company)
Self-interested parties: Democrat contributors Bill Capp, Matthew Polimeno & James Spiezio

Another Obama "green energy" bankruptcy - November 1, 2011 Onswipe
"Just two days after the Administration announced its review of Energy Department loans, another "green energy" company dropped dead. This one is called Beacon Power Corporation, an energy storage company based out of Massachusetts."

First Solar (solar panel manufacturer)
Self-interested parties: Democrat contributor Michael Ahearn, GE, NextEra

Another Obama green CEO bites the dust - October 26, 2011
Luck of O'bama: Another CEO Bites the Dust - John Ransom - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

"First Solar got the financial equivalent of four (4) Solyndra-type deals in September. First Solar received $2 billion worth of loan guarantees on projects in California in the waning days of the controversial Department of Energy’s loan program. The company then sold the projects to other, better-connected companies within hours of getting the guarantees. And when I say better connected, I’m not talking transmission lines. Which other companies you ask? GE and NextEra Energy."

"First Solar got $2.1 billion in loan guarantees, despite it looking like a very bad investment. ... Who are the investors? One is Michael Ahearn, who pulled out a $69 million stake in the company last month, obviously not as interested in betting on First Solar as the Obama administration. However, he did invest $123,000 in the Democratic Party over the last three cycles."

Fisker Automotive (hybrid cars)
Self-interested parties: Al Gore, Government-owned GM

Karma mileage no better than SUV - October 20, 2011
Update: Fisker Karma Electric Car Gets Worse Mileage Than an SUV - Forbes

"In the case of the Fisker Karma, we get a true MPGe of 19. This makes it worse than even the city rating of a Ford Explorer SUV. Congrats to the Fisker Karma, which now joins corn ethanol in the ranks of heavily subsidized supposedly green technologies that are actually worse for the environment than current solutions."

Gets U.S. loan, builds cars in Finland - October 20, 2011
Car Company Gets U.S. Loan, Builds Cars In Finland - ABC News

"...an electric car company that received a $529 million federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work. Fisker is more than a year behind rolling out its $97,000 luxury vehicle bankrolled in part with DOE money. While more are promised soon, just 40 of its Karma cars... have been manufactured and only two delivered to customers' driveways, including one to movie star Leonardo DiCaprio."

Keystone Pipeline (oil pipeline cancelled by Obama)
Self-interested parties: Obama supporter Warren Buffet

Buffett's Bakken boom - November 16, 2011
Billionaire Buffett's Bakken Boom - Investors.com

"Killing the Keystone XL pipeline may help one of the world's richest men get richer. North Dakota's booming oil fields will now grow more dependent on a railroad the president's economic guru just bought."

Siga Technologies Inc. (smallpox drug)
Self-interested parties: Democrat contributor Ronald O. Perelman, former SEIU boss Andy Stern

SEIU Boss, no-bid contract, anthrax for kids - November 13, 2011
The Ex-SEIU Boss, Donor Dollars, No-Bid Contracts & Testing Anthrax Vaccines on Kids | RedState

"...the Obama administration’s ties to Siga become even more questionable, considering the recent recommendation to start experimenting with an Anthrax vaccine on America’s children."

Questionable $433-million smallpox drug deal - November 13, 2011
$443 million for a smallpox drug some experts say we don't need - Los Angeles Times

"Senior officials have taken unusual steps to secure the contract for New York-based Siga Technologies Inc., whose controlling shareholder is billionaire Ronald O. Perelman, one of the world's richest men and a longtime Democratic Party donor."​

However, do continue (if you must) with your propaganda lies how it's all just Bushco. Republicans, and Wall Street. Quite frankly, I find your short-sighted delusions rather humorous.

I'm sure the Repubs list is 5X as long but pointing fingers at individual parties is not the intent of this thread. Both of them are "on the take" to one degree or another.

I'm sure the Repubs list is 5X as long but pointing fingers at individual parties is not the intent of this thread. Both of them are "on the take" to one degree or another.

Well it goes without saying, the ability to provide source links is undoubtably more reliable than simply uploading someone's constructed jpg image. However, both sides do cater to their own special interests. To say it's the result of "the Republican Party" that's to blame for this economy is just plain ignorant.

I couldn't have voted for Bush, I wasn't of voting age when he was president. I am not even a big fan of him, but seriously, find a new scapegoat, it's been over 5 years. I've heard it said it is everyone's fault(Bankers, Zionists(code for Jews), Bush etc etc). It is everyone's fault except for the president and the congress.

Give me a break.

Are you really that naive as to think the Obama Administration and liberal Democrats have contributed no part to this current stagnant economy? As the policies they have implemented have created anything BUT a robust booming job market for this country, beyond the usual need for federal unemployment extensions. Perhaps you need to remove your blinders to the big financial donors involved below.

Self-interested parties: Democrat contributors George Kaiser, Steven Spinner & David Prend

"Solyndra executives were awarded quarterly bonuses worth up to $60,000 apiece earlier this year as the California solar-panel company headed for bankruptcy, court documents show."

Solyndra violated loan terms in 2010 but received more federal money, DOE confirms - The Washington Post

"The U.S. Department of Energy learned in December that Solyndra was violating its federal loan deal, but the agency changed the loan terms to allow the solar company to continue receiving taxpayer funds, federal officials confirmed Wednesday." []Chu takes responsibility for a loan deal that put more taxpayer money at risk in Solyndra - The Washington Post

Self-interested parties: Sen. Harry Reid, Rep. George Miller, Democrat lobbyist Patrick Murphy

"...troubling financial revelations have emerged about SunPower, which sponsored a solar project that received a $1.2 billion loan, more than twice the money approved for Solyndra, which filed for bankruptcy last month after receiving a $528 million loan. ...SunPower posted $150 million in losses during the first half of this year and its debt is nearly 80 percent of its market value. The company is also facing class action lawsuits for misstating its earnings."

Broke Green Co. Greases Director Six Figures for Obama Loans - John Ransom - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

"A financially-troubled Canadian alternative energy company with ties to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid paid a director the lion's share of $758,828 (CAD) in reported consulting fees, according to an analysis of the filings made by the company. The fee was a part of a consulting agreement in order to successfully arrange a loan guarantee by the Department of Energy."

"Executives, board members and investors involved with all three companies are closely linked to Obama, Reid and other prominent Democrats. Kai Anderson, a lobbyist for Nevada Geothermal’s partner corporation, Ormat Technology, is a former Senate aide to Harry Reid. Ormat’s CEO Paul Thomsen is another former Reid aide."

Self-interested parties: Democrat contributors Bill Capp, Matthew Polimeno & James Spiezio

"Just two days after the Administration announced its review of Energy Department loans, another "green energy" company dropped dead. This one is called Beacon Power Corporation, an energy storage company based out of Massachusetts."

Luck of O'bama: Another CEO Bites the Dust - John Ransom - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1

"First Solar got the financial equivalent of four (4) Solyndra-type deals in September. First Solar received $2 billion worth of loan guarantees on projects in California in the waning days of the controversial Department of Energy’s loan program. The company then sold the projects to other, better-connected companies within hours of getting the guarantees. And when I say better connected, I’m not talking transmission lines. Which other companies you ask? GE and NextEra Energy."

"First Solar got $2.1 billion in loan guarantees, despite it looking like a very bad investment. ... Who are the investors? One is Michael Ahearn, who pulled out a $69 million stake in the company last month, obviously not as interested in betting on First Solar as the Obama administration. However, he did invest $123,000 in the Democratic Party over the last three cycles."

"In the case of the Fisker Karma, we get a true MPGe of 19. This makes it worse than even the city rating of a Ford Explorer SUV. Congrats to the Fisker Karma, which now joins corn ethanol in the ranks of heavily subsidized supposedly green technologies that are actually worse for the environment than current solutions."

"...an electric car company that received a $529 million federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work. Fisker is more than a year behind rolling out its $97,000 luxury vehicle bankrolled in part with DOE money. While more are promised soon, just 40 of its Karma cars... have been manufactured and only two delivered to customers' driveways, including one to movie star Leonardo DiCaprio."

"Killing the Keystone XL pipeline may help one of the world's richest men get richer. North Dakota's booming oil fields will now grow more dependent on a railroad the president's economic guru just bought."

Self-interested parties: Democrat contributor Ronald O. Perelman, former SEIU boss Andy Stern

The Ex-SEIU Boss, Donor Dollars, No-Bid Contracts & Testing Anthrax Vaccines on Kids | RedState

"...the Obama administration’s ties to Siga become even more questionable, considering the recent recommendation to start experimenting with an Anthrax vaccine on America’s children."

$443 million for a smallpox drug some experts say we don't need - Los Angeles Times

"Senior officials have taken unusual steps to secure the contract for New York-based Siga Technologies Inc., whose controlling shareholder is billionaire Ronald O. Perelman, one of the world's richest men and a longtime Democratic Party donor."​

However, do continue (if you must) with your propaganda lies how it's all just Bushco. Republicans, and Wall Street. Quite frankly, I find your short-sighted delusions rather humorous.

You gotta love bullshit like yours. Obama and his administration come into power touting their desire to promote alternative energy. At which time a few alternative energy companies ask for loans to build or expand their alt energy business. At a time when the Obama administration was trying to get jobs going in the USA.

Unfortunately these business's failed. And money was lost.

So what is your point? That there is risk in the business world? No shit.

You like it better we pissed away a couple trillion dollars in Iraq? Was that money well spent?

I heard Obama put all that Solyndra money in his pocket. Yep, that's what I heard.

Every administration has private business's they want to fund and see succeed. That's what creates jobs. Private business.

Of course, what would a republican know about creating jobs. Right? How many jobs was Bush losing when he left office?

My chickens can vote too:

Let me tell you briefly how I became the leader of the New World Government. I saw how American elections work - there are a few buttons that you can push for candidate this or candidate that, and I did not like it. Then I moved out to live in the national forest, where I keep chickens for entertainment. And I created a button with my name on it, and placed it near the chicken house. And every time the chickens stepped on the button, they voted for me.... Now I realize, that 30 or 40 million Americans who press the button for one of the establishment's predicted winners, are slightly more intelligent than my chickens who can only step on it, but nonetheless, I am the leader of the New World Government . net, and as an undisputed leader of the new world government, I will see to it that the people around the world, starting with America, have fair elections where they have to actually type in a candidates name that they want to vote for, and if they are incapable to type it in, they have absolutely no business voting, it is not a popularity contest. and because it is not a popularity contest, as in a referendum, they will each have one for as well as one against vote so that they can also vote against a candidate that the establishment media tells them in advance is one of the predicted winners. New World Government - an Alternative to the New World Order

I've always found it interesting to see how little the Right cares about the influence of corporate wealth on legislative outcomes. One reason for this is because the Rightwing Media is funded by the very corporations who, through election funding and lobbying, own (and staff) government.

How does the right do it? How do they deceive their voters about who owns government? They do it partly by using the Ayn Rand narrative from the 30s-40s, when Stalin stole her family's pharmacy. This narrative serves the concentrated wealth that owns government because it convinces people that corporations are the victims of government rather than the owners.

Most educated people can look at the amount of money that pours into Washington and figure out who really owns government. I'll give you a hint. It's the people who have quietly shifted production to Communist China while simultaneously getting their Media Machine to convince the Rightwing voter that their party cares about Patriotism.

Silly Rabbit, the government no longer steals the family pharmacy; rather, the pharmaceutical owns the government.

They did a study during the Bush years about how much attention FOX gave to the unprecedented money the pharmaceutical industry poured into the Republican congress on the eve of the 2003 Drug Bill, which awarded Ely Lilly and Johnson/Johnson with a no-big contract that allowed these companies to fleece the tax payer with above market costs for Bush's Medicare Part D, the single greatest expansion of our entitlement system since LBJ. The study revealed that FOX never mentioned it. They just stuck to the script of putting Americans in a color-coded fear-fog as their leaders looted the taxpayer on behalf of their corporate paymasters.

Conclusion: the average Republican Voter is very strategically deceived about who really owns government. And that deception comes from the people who really own government. There will be no way to dismantle the concentrated power exerted by concentrated wealth (on both sides) until we as a nation help the duped Republican voter see who really owns his government and media sources.

Last edited:

You gotta love bullshit like yours. Obama and his administration come into power touting their desire to promote alternative energy. At which time a few alternative energy companies ask for loans to build or expand their alt energy business. At a time when the Obama administration was trying to get jobs going in the USA.

You like it better we pissed away a couple trillion dollars in Iraq? Was that money well spent?

I heard Obama put all that Solyndra money in his pocket. Yep, that's what I heard.

Every administration has private business's they want to fund and see succeed. That's what creates jobs. Private business.

Of course, what would a republican know about creating jobs. Right? How many jobs was Bush losing when he left office?

Government should not subsidize private business. It should not bail out private business. Doing so only leads to waste and corruption...and it ALWAYS has. If you knew the history of the rail roads, the first big industry to receive government subsidies, you would know this.

Much of the money spent by government on all these boondoggles, has come back to the politicians in campaign funds. It is all a big scam. It will never end because it is much to lucrative for those it enriches.

No bigger scam exists then the funding by government of the military industrial complex...but that industry sure feeds the politicians lots of cash.

What exactly do you find "bullshit" about the post, that it includes more than just conservative links with sources such as the Washington Post or that liberal Democrats are also guilty of looking to their donors over simply creating jobs that the American people need? Those green jobs were each in dire financial straits, but because of their contributions to the "winning" party, each received a thank you in the form of taxpayer government funding.

How does funding a company overseas help with AMERICAN jobs? Truth is, it doesn't, but only proves how kickbacks favor more than helping the middle class find employment.

Why turn down the keystone pipeline and push for federal extensions? The people WANT to work, and an administration that favors ideology over a robust economy is not what the American people want (which is reflective in the poll numbers associated with Obama and Congress). The Democrats had the chance to prove they cared about providing jobs for the middle class, but again "liberal ideology" got in the way with Pelosi and Reed bogging down Congress for Obamacare. The liberals haven't proven they care about jobs, when their choices must first pass the liberal preferred choice test. A test, which I've shown above, only benefits those donors of the Democrat cause, and not simply to create more jobs and get the people working again.

When a party chooses unemployment extension over jobs (like the Keystone Pipeline), it says a lot. Let's face it, Obama and the Democrats (when they had all the power) failed the people in creating a strong economic recovery. Let's see if the Democrats are capable of doing "the people's business" (to use Obama's own words) over party pick-and-choose politics as usual.

Can any liberal prove where Democrats chose jobs, over politics and typical liberal ideology?

It couldn't be that the people who bother to vote are completely duped by the two party's BILLION $$$ spin-machines :eusa_whistle:

If you are too lazy to do your own research of the candidates at election time then whose fault is that?

Duped? Nothing is stopping someone from going on a campaign website, or listening to a debate. If that is the case, and people don't do the basic research, then it is their fault for being lazy, no one else's.

Good point. What he listed doesn't add up to $3 + TRILLION AND, more importantly, no one died.

The people who give most of the congress critters and their staffs marching orders.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

-- Thomas Jefferson

Forum List

Back