Here we go again. Repeal Ocare with TCare take Three.

The number of uninsured is still the same.
That's just a flat out lie.
So there are no longer any uninsured?

Again bullshit question. Just because there are still uninsured people doesn't mean that ACA didn't significantly reduce number of people uninsured.

I suggest you try posting with at least a modicum of honesty, because right now you look like a total asshole.
So what is this significant number of newly insured?

Again bullshit question. Just because there are still uninsured people doesn't mean that ACA didn't significantly reduce number of people uninsured.

I suggest you try posting with at least a modicum of honesty, because right now you look like a total asshole.

In 2016, there were 28.6 million Americans without health insurance, down from more than 48 million in 2010.

Nearly 20 Million Have Gained Health Insurance Since 2010

In 2016, there were 28.6 million Americans without health insurance, down from more than 48 million in 2010.

LMAO! When obiecare was being debated the number of uninsured used by the democrats was 30 million. Now since we still have 30 million uninsured the number used is increased to 48 million.

So essentially the number of uninsured never changed. The number that changed was how many you claim didn't have insurance.

LMAO! When obiecare was being debated the number of uninsured used by the democrats was 30 million. Now since we still have 30 million uninsured the number used is increased to 48 million.

So essentially the number of uninsured never changed. The number that changed was how many you claim didn't have insurance.
A lot of fake numbers were thrown around by ObamaCare proponents. I never bought into those figures.

However, the expansion of Medicaid alone has increased the number of insured. So to claim there are the same number of uninsured is a bald faced lie.

There are different way of parsing numbers 30 million is probably American citizens in 2008, thats the data that was available in the middle of 2009 when this was debated.

But there is ONLY ONE WAY to characterize ACA effect on number of uninsured - it reduced them by many many millions.

More than 14.5 million are newly enrolled in Medicaid, and AAF estimates that 9.6 million of these individuals are newly eligible as a result of the Medicaid expansion provision, which has been implemented by 31 states and the District of Columbia. Most Medicaid enrollment expansion has occurred in the expansion states, though not all of the newly enrolled, even in the expansion states, are adults newly eligible for Medicaid.

Read more: How Many Are Newly Insured as a Result of the ACA? - AAF

A lot of fake numbers were thrown around by ObamaCare proponents. I never bought into those figures.

However, the expansion of Medicaid alone has increased the number of insured. So to claim there are the same number of uninsured is a bald faced lie.
The fake numbers are still being used. Medicare expansion is a big one. How many had insurance before?

More than 14.5 million are newly enrolled in Medicaid, and AAF estimates that 9.6 million of these individuals are newly eligible as a result of the Medicaid expansion provision, which has been implemented by 31 states and the District of Columbia. Most Medicaid enrollment expansion has occurred in the expansion states, though not all of the newly enrolled, even in the expansion states, are adults newly eligible for Medicaid.

Newly insured and newly eligible sure swap around a lot. It's almost like the real numbers aren't very impressive.

You've been sucked into a shell game.

The fake numbers are still being used. Medicare expansion is a big one. How many had insurance before?
14.5 million of the current Medicaid recipients did not have insurance before ObamaCare.

14.5 million of the current Medicaid recipients did not have insurance before ObamaCare.
Then why hasn't the total number of insured not been cut in half?

I don't know why anyone would let their political bias deny some simple facts. More people are insured under ObamaCare than would have been without it. This is a simple fact.

It's costing a shitload of money, and that's a simple fact, too.

The debate should not be based on delusions and wishful thinking. It should be about how to BEST serve the uninsured and how to BEST bring down the cost of health care while maintaining and increasing the quality.

Republicans want to kick them all out

But they are the only ones with plans that get people covered.
The ACA does NOT cover everyone.

Even With Obamacare, 29 Million People Are Uninsured: Here’s Why

"An estimated 20 million people have gained insurance since health care reform was signed into law in 2010, but in the six years since, a significant group of Americans remain uninsured.

Estimates vary, but as many as 29 million Americans – about one in 10 – lack coverage. Why is that?

One of the biggest factors is cost, which still hinders many Americans from purchasing insurance. It may seem obvious, but the data shows many of the uninsured can’t afford coverage, even after reforms were passed."

So much for the 'AFFORDABLE Care Act'...more like the UN-Affordable Care Act'! :p

FAIL....next.

The fact is that more people did get insurance than bef0ore Obamacare. However it does need to be fixed in a way that preserves the gains made. That is why kicking people of their insurance is not the answer.
The fact is the same people that signed up for obiecare only did so because they lost their previous insurance. The number of uninsured is still the same. The amount they have to pay to get that insurance has at a minimum doubled. We don't have more insured. We have the same insured paying more.

The number of insured people is down. You are full of bull.
I agree. Obiecare did nothing but make the situation worse. I'm happy you have seen the light.

If you think I am for kicking millions of people off their health insurance guess again. Obamacare should be the starting point and it should be changed.

None because they couldn't afford it. You are the only one throwing out fake numbers. Simple logic says there are more people insured. If you can get a subsidy that pays most of the cost or get expanded Medicare then you can afford coverage.

I don't know why anyone would let their political bias deny some simple facts. More people are insured under ObamaCare than would have been without it. This is a simple fact.

The debate should not be based on delusions and wishful thinking. It should be about how to BEST serve the uninsured and how to BEST bring down the cost of health care while maintaining and increasing the quality.

It has nothing to do with it. It is about Republicans wanting to throw red meat to their rabid dog supporters. They love to legislate to the 30% rather that the 50% that support Obamacare over the Republican proposals.

It has nothing to do with it. It is about Republicans wanting to throw red meat to their rabid dog supporters. They love to legislate to the 30% rather that the 50% that support Obamacare over the Republican proposals.
I don't agree with that. The cost of Obamacare is WAYYY over what it was supposed to be, because the basic premise that insurance companies would compete within geographical markets for the opportunity to sign up people for insurance is.... a total failure. Total.

However the Cassidy Graham proposal is simply to try and provide HC to more people for less money ... regardless of any evidence it can be done and absent any study as to how much money it should actually cost ... or more importantly without ANY effort to create a better market place. All it is is "take the Obamacare money and rearrange it to try and get 50 votes," and in Graham's case it's "and lets spend more for defense."

The ACA does NOT cover everyone.

Even With Obamacare, 29 Million People Are Uninsured: Here’s Why

"An estimated 20 million people have gained insurance since health care reform was signed into law in 2010, but in the six years since, a significant group of Americans remain uninsured.

Estimates vary, but as many as 29 million Americans – about one in 10 – lack coverage. Why is that?

One of the biggest factors is cost, which still hinders many Americans from purchasing insurance. It may seem obvious, but the data shows many of the uninsured can’t afford coverage, even after reforms were passed."

So much for the 'AFFORDABLE Care Act'...more like the UN-Affordable Care Act'! :p

FAIL....next.

The fact is that more people did get insurance than bef0ore Obamacare. However it does need to be fixed in a way that preserves the gains made. That is why kicking people of their insurance is not the answer.
The fact is the same people that signed up for obiecare only did so because they lost their previous insurance. The number of uninsured is still the same. The amount they have to pay to get that insurance has at a minimum doubled. We don't have more insured. We have the same insured paying more.

I agree. Obiecare did nothing but make the situation worse. I'm happy you have seen the light.

If you think I am for kicking millions of people off their health insurance guess again. Obamacare should be the starting point and it should be changed.
Which is exactly what obiecare did. Yet it doesn't seem that concerned you at all,

upload_2017-9-21_15-40-49.jpeg

The creators and individuals who forced this onto the American people now want to blame those who took their place when they were fired for doing it.

If you poo in someone's shoe, it is not THEIR poo just because it is their SHOE.

Silly snowflakes / liberals....

Which is exactly what obiecare did. Yet it doesn't seem that concerned you at all,
Obamacare increased the number of people insured. The latest gop bill is an attempt to amend Obamacare to cover even more people. I suspect this will pass. Time will tell if more are covered and whether coverage is adequate and cost controlled. The gop will own healthcare, so it better work.

Not to mention Obamacare only enrolled between 11 million and 13 million at any given time. Some of which signed up and never paid their premiums so...probably even lower.

Forum List

Back