Here's a tip: Don't

if you do away with tips you will simply be paying 15-25% more for your meals anyway regardless of service.

Good, let the owner take care of that without involving the customer in salary negotiations for his workers.

There is generally no tipping in Japan, and service is by far the best in the world.

We have this shakedown 'tradition' here and service very often sucks anyway.

Waitresses have to learn the whole menu, as well as how they are generally cooked and the ingredients in EVERY dish. She has to be able to remember special request, what everyone is drinking at all of her seated tables the whole night. But most of all, she has to remain friendly to complete ass wipes and "holier than thou jerks" which she will usually get at least one of them every night.
She will have to sweep/mop up messes left by kids of degenerate parents who let them do whatever they please, and somehow think it is the wait staff's job to clean up their childs vomit.

A nurse's job is a hell of a lot more difficult than that and they don't stick their hand out at the patients and expect them to cough up extra (so to speak). They get paid to do their job.

Every job has many requirements. If someone doesn't want to work as waitstaff they can look for work in another area. If it's such a super-human task then the owner should pay them accordingly, or not. Don't ask the customer to make that decision for him. It doesn't have to be complicated, and it doesn't have to be a shakedown.

That is a hilarious comparison.
Nurses don't get paid $2.50 an hour.

Why don't you try paying attention? I've said several times now that if the work is worth more the owner should pay more. You're so worked up because it's 'close to your heart' that you are imagining shit instead of following the discussion.

As for your other post that reveals your personality above this one...at what point have I lied?

Right here, you dishonest son of a bitch:

Oh...so you are that guy my daughter talks about.
Treats her like she is a servant, looks annoyed most of the time while she tries to be friendly.
And looks down his nose in disgust when he leaves the $1.00 tip.:doubt:

Now, apologize or accept that what it says about your character is true.

if you do away with tips you will simply be paying 15-25% more for your meals anyway regardless of service.

Good, let the owner take care of that without involving the customer in salary negotiations for his workers.

There is generally no tipping in Japan, and service is by far the best in the world.

Then move to Japan.

I am Ok with tipping.

Then move to Japan.

I am Ok with tipping.

Apparently you are also ok playing your role in the whole performance even when it's average service. It's a stupid practice.

Then move to Japan.

I am Ok with tipping.

Apparently you are also ok playing your role in the whole performance even when it's average service. It's a stupid practice.

Your opinion.

As for your other post that reveals your personality above this one...at what point have I lied?

Treats her like she is a servant, looks annoyed most of the time while she tries to be friendly.

What lie? :eusa_eh:
I have a daughter.
She does talk about assholes.
And she does get stiffed by them.
I don't see where there is a semblance of something dishonest.

What lie?

"You are that guy."

That's a lie. You have no idea how I tip or conduct myself in a restaurant, therefore your accusation is dishonest. Are you really this stupid? Either way, just suck it up like a man and apologize.

Waitresses have to learn the whole menu, as well as how they are generally cooked and the ingredients in EVERY dish. She has to be able to remember special request, what everyone is drinking at all of her seated tables the whole night. But most of all, she has to remain friendly to complete ass wipes and "holier than thou jerks" which she will usually get at least one of them every night.
She will have to sweep/mop up messes left by kids of degenerate parents who let them do whatever they please, and somehow think it is the wait staff's job to clean up their childs vomit.

A nurse's job is a hell of a lot more difficult than that and they don't stick their hand out at the patients and expect them to cough up extra (so to speak). They get paid to do their job.

Every job has many requirements. If someone doesn't want to work as waitstaff they can look for work in another area. If it's such a super-human task then the owner should pay them accordingly, or not. Don't ask the customer to make that decision for him. It doesn't have to be complicated, and it doesn't have to be a shakedown.

For Christ sakes. A freaking nurse!!!!!!

What does a nurse SELL????

Compare apples to apples

Holy chit

It's fucking out of control when you have counter servers selling coffee with a TIP jar right next to the register. Insulting to the customers, subliminal pressure. That really pisses me off.

Don't go

It's not that hard

I NEVER go where I don't feel welcomed

And that's the sound of an argument falling apart...

Just raise your prices by 20% and pay your help a decent wage and don't bother me with a lot of math at the end of a meal.

Thank you.

Just raise your prices by 20% and pay your help a decent wage and don't bother me with a lot of math at the end of a meal.

Thank you.

Why is this concept so hard for some people to grasp?

Both my son and daugher, tips as waitress and waiter have paid a significant portion of their college costs.
Tipping is a great tradition.

It's a pain in the ass. Wait staff should just be paid like other workers. Try living in a place with no tipping for a while and you will not be eager to go back to all that nonsense.

As long as they got paid a decent wage so as not to require tips, I agree.

Forum List

Back