Here's a tip: Don't

Just raise your prices by 20% and pay your help a decent wage and don't bother me with a lot of math at the end of a meal.

Thank you.

I also agree with this ^^^^

who wants to be doing Maths at the end of a meal? totally unsophisticated and in bad taste. :mad:

don't bother me with your %^&* tips at the end of a meal please.

just raise your prices

thankyou.

Just raise your prices by 20% and pay your help a decent wage and don't bother me with a lot of math at the end of a meal.

Thank you.

Why is this concept so hard for some people to grasp?

Ask just about any salesman worth his balls if he would rather work for a salary

You might be surprised at the answer.

But here's the thing with tips in a restaurant:

They all go into a pool where they're divvied up equally at the end of the night. So the slackers get the same thing as the hustlers.

Bloody hell.....people have been killed for leaving too little tips.....

just raise the darn price and don't bother the customers!!!

And then you will complain about sucky service.

Then you avoid that establishment. Eventually, the owner will get the message that his waitstaff sucks and do something about it.

Japanese restaurants in New York introduce ban on tipping ? Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

"In Japan, there’s no custom of tipping. In fact, leaving a tip could potentially be considered rude, as the cost of the service is already supposed to be included in the price you pay. My American buddy’s attempt to follow his home custom in Japan ended in the delivery driver apologising profusely for not accepting the tip! In New York City, meanwhile, Japanese restaurants are bringing the no-tipping custom Stateside, as Restaurant Riki becomes the latest Manhattan establishment to ban their customers from tipping."

If only this would become a growing trend. If only...

And those that do not switch to the no tip method will thrive while the others will stagnate and fail.

In the United States tipping is an incentive to provide good service and up sell. That won't happen where tips are not expected.

That is a good point! I like the tip system, on those rare occasions I eat out I want the experience to be special. There is an expectation from wait staff for be compensated for a job well done thereby providing the service prior to payment.

Too bad i am such a cheap bastard that i can hear the eagle scream before i let go of a coin....:lol:

Japanese restaurants in New York introduce ban on tipping ? Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

"In Japan, there’s no custom of tipping. In fact, leaving a tip could potentially be considered rude, as the cost of the service is already supposed to be included in the price you pay. My American buddy’s attempt to follow his home custom in Japan ended in the delivery driver apologising profusely for not accepting the tip! In New York City, meanwhile, Japanese restaurants are bringing the no-tipping custom Stateside, as Restaurant Riki becomes the latest Manhattan establishment to ban their customers from tipping."

If only this would become a growing trend. If only...

And those that do not switch to the no tip method will thrive while the others will stagnate and fail.

In the United States tipping is an incentive to provide good service and up sell. That won't happen where tips are not expected.

That is a good point! I like the tip system, on those rare occasions I eat out I want the experience to be special. There is an expectation from wait staff for be compensated for a job well done thereby providing the service prior to payment.

Too bad i am such a cheap bastard that i can hear the eagle scream before i let go of a coin....:lol:

What I mean is that instead of forcing the customer at the end of a meal to give the infamous tip then and there....that same tip will be included in the price and will be given to the person at the end of the day.

That way you don't have to see their hungry, expecting, greedy eyes all over ya'....that is what I find in bad taste....it gives me indigestion.

Then you avoid that establishment. Eventually, the owner will get the message that his waitstaff sucks and do something about it.

You've obviously never dined in Europe.

I like being able to tip and take care of the people who take care of me.
Since I tend to patronize places that treat their customers well ... I often get the opportunity to tip well and then repeat visit on numerous occasions.

I like being able to walk into a crowded restaurant with a line of people waiting to be seated ... Then walk right by them as the hostess asks me who's section I want to be seated in as we head to the bar.
I like it when the bartender has my drink ready by the time I pull up a stool ... Knows my name and what I drink ... Asks me about my day.
I don't fuss when the assistant manger tells the bartender the drinks are on him ... And I tip the bartender just for taking care of my friends and me even though we might not pay for the drinks.
I like when I know the waiter or waitress's name ... They know who I am ... And they know they will be taken care of if the service is good.

It doesn't matter if the expectation of tipping goes away or not ... I will still tip whatever I like ... And I guarantee you that I will be taken care of the way I like to be.

Thank you.

Why is this concept so hard for some people to grasp?

Ask just about any salesman worth his balls if he would rather work for a salary

You might be surprised at the answer.

They are not selling cars or trying to land the Peterman account, they are serving food.

Customers are going to complain about sucky service if there is sucky service one way or the other. Don't provide sucky service or close your damn doors.

Forum List

Back