Hero Baptist Minister and friends hunted for kidnapped girl and save her

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I was really really worried that this situation had "bad ending" written all over it but YAY I was wrong. He's my kinda minister to hold the man at gunpoint, not messing around at all.

"A Baptist minister has told how he helped rescue a missing schoolgirl from the uncle who kidnapped her by holding the man at gunpoint.

Carlie Marie Trent, nine, from Rogersville,Tennessee, had been missing for more than a week after authorities say she was kidnapped by her uncle, Gary Simpson, 57.

The pair were discovered on a remote property around 15 miles from the where Carlie was last seen on Thursday by Roger Carpenter and friends Donnie Lawson, Stuart Franklin, and Larry Hamblen."

341B86F600000578-3587813-image-a-14_1463112492568.jpg

Roger Carpenter, a Baptist minister, has told how he rescued missing nine-year-old schoolgirl Carlie Trent by holding her uncle Gary Simpson, 57, at gunpoint until police arrived

The uncle is totally creepy and he was obsessed with his niece.

3404E90E00000578-0-image-a-4_1463087793254.jpg

Carlie

33E0A7E500000578-0-image-a-3_1463087792897.jpg

Creepy uncle

34153C3000000578-0-image-a-12_1463058514912.jpg

Stuff the creepy uncle bought for her on the day he kidnapped her.

Thank heavens for the good men who went out on their own to try to find this little girl. And for a happy ending.

Story at link.

BREAKING NEWS: Schoolgirl kidnapped by her uncle is found alive

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I was so happy when they found her!!! ♥♥♥

Good ending. Harming a child is the lowest thing anyone can do. Even people in prison enact their own revenge on someone convicted of harming a child, and I'm glad they do.

I was really really worried that this situation had "bad ending" written all over it but YAY I was wrong. He's my kinda minister to hold the man at gunpoint, not messing around at all.

"A Baptist minister has told how he helped rescue a missing schoolgirl from the uncle who kidnapped her by holding the man at gunpoint.

Carlie Marie Trent, nine, from Rogersville,Tennessee, had been missing for more than a week after authorities say she was kidnapped by her uncle, Gary Simpson, 57.

The pair were discovered on a remote property around 15 miles from the where Carlie was last seen on Thursday by Roger Carpenter and friends Donnie Lawson, Stuart Franklin, and Larry Hamblen."

Roger Carpenter, a Baptist minister, has told how he rescued missing nine-year-old schoolgirl Carlie Trent by holding her uncle Gary Simpson, 57, at gunpoint until police arrived

Carlie

Creepy uncle

Thank heavens for the good men who went out on their own to try to find this little girl. And for a happy ending.

Story at link.

Thank heavens the child is okay and well done to that Baptist Minister....the weirdo Uncle needs dealing with and showing no mercy.

Incidents such as this involving children, they just chill the blood.

Good ending. Harming a child is the lowest thing anyone can do. Even people in prison enact their own revenge on someone convicted of harming a child, and I'm glad they do.

The bastards shouldn't even be in prison, they get convicted of harming a child, they should be executed.

Harming a child is the lowest thing anyone can do.
I agree, which is why I can't help but wonder if there is more to the story. According to what I have been told, every time that the girl's mom was shown on TV, she didn't look scared enough which brings me to this question: Why not?

God bless you and the girl always!!!

Holly

P.S. This may be the most unlikely scenario, but that doesn't make it impossible. What if that girl was being beaten and home and the man who took her knew it and decided to do something about it, like remove her from such a horrifying picture?

I agree, which is why I can't help but wonder if there is more to the story. According to what I have been told, every time that the girl's mom was shown on TV, she didn't look scared enough which brings me to this question: Why not?

Holly

P.S. This may be the most unlikely scenario, but that doesn't make it impossible. What if that girl was being beaten and home and the man who took her knew it and decided to do something about it, like remove her from such a horrifying picture?

Yes we don't know the details yet you are right. The uncle looks creepy but that isn't proof of anything.

It is a general statement re children. If any error is going to be made it should be made in favor of the child being safe and the rest being sorted out whenever.

Carlie

Creepy uncle

Story at link.

Thanks- love hearing good news- congratulations to the men who rescued her.

Holly

Yes we don't know the details yet you are right. The uncle looks creepy but that isn't proof of anything.

It is a general statement re children. If any error is going to be made it should be made in favor of the child being safe and the rest being sorted out whenever.

The uncle took her out of school under false pretenses by telling the school the father had been in an accident. He's a creep who intended harm to the child. Shoot the sorry son of a bitch

It's really doubtful that the uncle is either creepy or out to harm the girl. He had custody of this child in the past because of parental criminal activity and drug use. The girl's father has been abusive to her before.

I can see this uncle getting word that daddy has been released and is on his way to get the girl. Then uncle runs down to school with a story to get her away.

the police ask everyone in the area to check their barns and sheds etc and so forth ..that is why they went out to the remote property....good on them...

Every lurker has that same glazed creepster stare. This guy is the poster-boy Lurker-In-Chief. Should've save the court and prisons a lot of money and "accidentally" had the gun go off before the cops got there. He will not be reformable. They never are.

I hope he gets a really big muscly boyfriend in his prison cell to teach him what it's like to have someone hold him hostage and obsess over him. Maybe "Bubba" his cell mate can buy him a pink bikini and make him wear lip gloss and paint his finger and toe nails with pretty nail polish?

It's really doubtful that the uncle is either creepy or out to harm the girl. He had custody of this child in the past because of parental criminal activity and drug use. The girl's father has been abusive to her before.

I can see this uncle getting word that daddy has been released and is on his way to get the girl. Then uncle runs down to school with a story to get her away.
Maybe the girl needs a serious custody review and a grandmother or aunt can be selected instead of the father?

Holly

Mom hasn't seen her children in two years. That might have something to do with her lack of distress.

Maybe the girl needs a serious custody review and a grandmother or aunt can be selected instead of the father?
Last custody review, the uncle and his wife got custody.

There is something very strange about this case.

Local late news had a great clip on Calie - on trampoline with her sister and hugging her pet bunny. She's happy to be home. Reporters made clear they were not going to ask her for details of what she went through. Her dad appears to be working with her pediatrician toward reaching the best outcome for Calie.

Local late news had a great clip on Calie - on trampoline with her sister and hugging her pet bunny. She's happy to be home. Reporters made clear they were not going to ask her for details of what she went through. Her dad appears to be working with her pediatrician toward reaching the best outcome for Calie.
Dad is a criminal drug addict who has "problems" and was forbidden to see either of his children. Now he's father of the year? Not buying this.

Carlie

Creepy uncle

Story at link.

Don't forget the part where the good guy held the creepy uncle at gun point until the police arrived.....he was carrying a do called gun during the manhunt......,,

Forum List

Back