Hero worship in politics

Iustitia

Rookie
Nov 23, 2013
Considering both parties have been bought and paid for since the 1890's at least, why spend time bashing the figureheads of each other's respective parties? For instance, it's an established fact that FDR was a corporatist who not only increased the depression here at home, but also benefited financially from corporate ties in Wall Street and plundering Germany's economy post WWI. Why do we idolize these people and pretend they gave a shit about the common people based off of lionized caricatures and propaganda?

Just saying, I'm new here and it seems the only thing people want to do is sling mud at the other guy's party of revolving door corporatists.

I post to educate, but the liberal pinheads on this board are resistant to reason.

There will be one along in a minute to led you know that it most certainly is NOT "an establish fact" at all that FDR "increased the Depression". The facts are not nearly agreed to on this board, and they will not be...as long as opposing dispositions get to determine their own facts.

Liberals have their history and Conservatives have theirs...in this country, since Adams and the Federalists sought to undermine Free Speech with the Sedition Acts...and thus aroused Jefferson to run against him...and beat his ass. Jefferson greatly feared for the citizens if the "Central Government", as he called it, ever got control of all the power the Federalists wanted for it.

Today, the Federalists are winning. They call themselves Democrats now and they have mastered the art of buying votes with borrowed money...as the 17 trillion dollar debt will attest. They bribed the people and bought their votes with money that rightfully belongs to the next generation...and now they own the Presidency...unashamed and unindicted.

So. That's why I post. To educate, and that is a fair lesson I have just given. But, do you think these Massachusetts pinheads or the thugs in Chicago will learn?

Why Hell, no. You can't teach them. They will have Marx or else.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Considering both parties have been bought and paid for since the 1890's at least, why spend time bashing the figureheads of each other's respective parties? For instance, it's an established fact that FDR was a corporatist who not only increased the depression here at home, but also benefited financially from corporate ties in Wall Street and plundering Germany's economy post WWI. Why do we idolize these people and pretend they gave a shit about the common people based off of lionized caricatures and propaganda?

Just saying, I'm new here and it seems the only thing people want to do is sling mud at the other guy's party of revolving door corporatists.

There are several forums, perhaps politics is just not your thing but we'll listen to you anyway..for a time.

I post to educate, but the liberal pinheads on this board are resistant to reason.

There will be one along in a minute to led you know that it most certainly is NOT "an establish fact" at all that FDR "increased the Depression". The facts are not nearly agreed to on this board, and they will not be...as long as opposing dispositions get to determine their own facts.

Liberals have their history and Conservatives have theirs...in this country, since Adams and the Federalists sought to undermine Free Speech with the Sedition Acts...and thus aroused Jefferson to run against him...and beat his ass. Jefferson greatly feared for the citizens if the "Central Government", as he called it, ever got control of all the power the Federalists wanted for it.

Today, the Federalists are winning. They call themselves Democrats now and they have mastered the art of buying votes with borrowed money...as the 17 trillion dollar debt will attest. They bribed the people and bought their votes with money that rightfully belongs to the next generation...and now they own the Presidency...unashamed and unindicted.

So. That's why I post. To educate, and that is a fair lesson I have just given. But, do you think these Massachusetts pinheads or the thugs in Chicago will learn?

Happy Thanksgiving.

We all learn a lot from your posts and your example.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Yes, I may have sounded arrogant...but it was just joking around on a holiday evening. The poor guy's original post was hijacked by you....but with a more interesting topic--why people post.

Why do you?

Happy Thanksgiving.

Yes, I may have sounded arrogant...but it was just joking around on a holiday evening. The poor guy's original post was hijacked by you....but with a more interesting topic--why people post.

Why do you?

I'm mostly here for kicks. Sometimes someone says something that raises my interest or my hackles. Sometimes I like to play devil's advocate. All in all, just having fun.

Because people have an inherent need to believe in something and believe that they are right. Justifyine ones opinions is difficult. Many times it requires a lot of searching for facts and also understanding what you are looking at. Most people don’t want to invest the time and, quite frankly, people are lazy when they have the ability to be lazy.

What is MUCH simpler is to frame those that embody your ideology in a light that is completely positive while claiming your opponents are the root of all evil. You see this all over the board where democrats will claim that everything that has ever gone wrong is somehow connected to a republican and then the republicans claim the exact same thing.

Even though I am evoking Poe’s law here, Hitler is probably the simplest example of this. Hitler does not effectively fall into any ideology in America at this time but you will see thread after thread claiming that Hitler was conservative or liberal. Being that he is the gold standard of evil in modern times (though Stalin killed more people if I am not mistaken) he is essentially used to disparage the other party whether or not the facts even remotely fit the claims. Then we can go on believing that our political ‘hero’ is so good and pure because the other guy is so bad that we are beyond approach. Obviously if they support Hitler’s views the things that they claim about my guy MUST be utterly false.

Pshaw, the liberals would not accept JFK or FDR (2 of the names that are mentioned most IMHO) and the right would soundly reject Ragan.

No politicians are my political heroes. Bill Maher and Jon Stewart happen to be my heroes. To me they represent logic and reason in the world of politics.

No politicians are my political heroes. Bill Maher and Jon Stewart happen to be my heroes. To me they represent logic and reason in the world of politics.
That explains a lot.

That explains a lot.

Both guys are smarter than every con on this board combined.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back