🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

Yep, be specific please.

Read the article. Specificity lies therein.
Then you should have no problem explaining it.

If you're such an expert on the positive economic impacts of a higher minimum wage, then you should have no problem disseminating it.

Good day.

Study sees positive impact of raising New York’s minimum wage to $15 an hour

From UC Berkely...home of Robert Reich...go figure ?
If you are trying to find an excuse any random one will do.

Hate to break it to you. Already in gear in Europe. Automation.

Whoopsies.

There should be a tax to do this called the guaranteed living wage tax. What this will do is pay everyone 1,000 to 1,500 bucks per month in order to survive. This would also end the need for food stamps, and other welfare but most importantly will make work no longer work or die.

So we kill two birds with one stone! I support automation in general as I don't believe work should be a do or die kind of thing and machines can do it far more efficiently! Just that we have to care about the humans when we're doing so.

Yep....good luck with that.

I'll take the money.

..."Go to school! Learn new skills, you lazy asses!"

...then who would replace them to work in the service industry? How could those industries survive if so many of the workers make minimum wage?

Keep in mind we are including state minimum wages here - not just the federal one. Right now anyone making a state minimum wage is living in poverty. Working up to 40 hours a week Is not enough for these people to live financially stable lives.

42% of American workers make less than $15 per hour. What is your solution to helping these people out of poverty?

You people are full of bitching but you have no real solutions.

It's a problem....that we can agree on.

Raising the minimum wage isn't the solution.
Whats the solution?

If you're such an expert on the positive economic impacts of a higher minimum wage, then you should have no problem disseminating it.

Good day.

That means nothing.

Of course not...in your world.

Kinda like that Harvard study that found 47,000 people a year were dying for lack of health insurance.

...then who would replace them to work in the service industry? How could those industries survive if so many of the workers make minimum wage?

Keep in mind we are including state minimum wages here - not just the federal one. Right now anyone making a state minimum wage is living in poverty. Working up to 40 hours a week Is not enough for these people to live financially stable lives.

42% of American workers make less than $15 per hour. What is your solution to helping these people out of poverty?

Whats the solution?

There are plenty, not the least of which is to promote small business formation.

Whats the solution?

There are plenty, not the least of which is to promote small business formation.
What will that do if the minimum wage is not raised?

Good day.

That means nothing.

Of course not...in your world.

Kinda like that Harvard study that found 47,000 people a year were dying for lack of health insurance.

If you want to discredit the study, then find something not factual about it, the source is good, I don't care how much you hate higher education.

Good day.
You're so fake. Point to something specific that you think validates your point or shut up and admit you don't know.

I do know, or I would have never posted an article that neither you nor Joy would bother to read. You two are lazy. Stop acting smart Billy. You're not. You're more interested in giving people money. I call it "infinity minimum wage". Because there seems to be no minimum. Who needs $15 an hour when you have people living on the taxpayer dole. Hmm?

This is the sum of liberal economic policy. Own it.

Now, if you can't read past the first sentence, Billy, I'm not the one who needs to refine my argument.

Later.

Good day.

I hope you enjoy the fruits of your activism.

A $15-hour minimum wage could harm America’s poorest workers

Yep, be specific please.

Good day.

You have me mistaken with someone else, I've never advocated a $15 minimum wage.

Good day.

You have me mistaken with someone else, I've never advocated a $15 minimum wage.

Lies. Then why did you post a link to study stressing the "positive" impacts its having on New York's economy?

Don't insult my intelligence.

Good day.

Lies. Then why did you post a link to study stressing the "positive" impacts its having on New York's economy?

That's New York, 15 bucks there makes sense. Federal? Different story.

Good day.

That's New York, 15 bucks there makes sense.

Then you are advocating for it.

Good night, Joy.

That's New York, 15 bucks there makes sense.

Then you are advocating for it.

Good night, Joy.

No, I'm leaving it up to New York, I don't live there. I have not advocated for a federal minimum wage of $15. Good night to you too.

You replace them with the people the jobs were intended for in the first place.
High school kids and retirees.

The republican solution is to end the minimum wage which will allow corporate America to pay pennies to our workers as they do in africa or asia. Don't think this couldn't happen here,,,believe me, these bastards would do it! That is why they bring in all the h1b's and outsource to shit holes. All along pay their ceo's 20, 50 and 100 billion bucks.

School? Learn new skills. Most poor people can't afford that without grants, loans and government help. Republicans want to get rid of that too. So you can't win if you're poor and needing to work your ass off for a corporate asshole.

Republicans suck ass.
Everybody gather 'round.

We have a new contestant for "Stupidest Post of the Week".

Pretty sure it will be unanimous.

Hate to break it to you. Already in gear in Europe. Automation.

Whoopsies.

There should be a tax to do this called the guaranteed living wage tax. What this will do is pay everyone 1,000 to 1,500 bucks per month in order to survive. This would also end the need for food stamps, and other welfare but most importantly will make work no longer work or die.

So we kill two birds with one stone! I support automation in general as I don't believe work should be a do or die kind of thing and machines can do it far more efficiently! Just that we have to care about the humans when we're doing so.
Only problem with that is .....

The average income of a person drawing food stamps, welfare, and other government assistance is between $30k and $40k - depending on the state.

Pretty sure they don't want to take a pay cut ... the gravy train runs too fast.

15 an hour is above the poverty line
Funny how when my wife and I were only making about 32K a year each we weren't starving. We both had cars and a place to live and we weren't on assistance

And if working 40 hours a week doesn't earn you enough to pay your bills then work more

Lol since when has it worked for workers to say "hey that guy almost makes as much as me. Pay me more!"

Employers can't be trusted on paying a wage that is econmically fair. They pay shit to maximize their own profits. The only way to make a business pay more is through legislation.

There is always a pay scale for any type of job, Billy! I used the example of a restaurant but it holds true for steel workers...coal miners...farmers...professional athletes...you can't bump the pay of the low end without bumping the pay of everyone above them.
Actually yes you can.

Really, Sly? So if you've worked at a job for five years...gotten some job skills that make you more valuable to your employer and thus a higher wage...you're not going to have a problem with someone just starting out with no job skills making the same amount as you are? Quite frankly, I don't think you've had much work experience if you think that's not going to be an issue!
GM paid $65.00 an hour for people to stand in a line and tighten bolts. They should make less.
I am a contractor, been a contractor for 30 years. The minimum wage doesn't effect me. The price of gas on the other hand...

GM paid $65.00 an hour for people to stand in a line and tighten bolts. They should make less.
I am a contractor, been a contractor for 30 years. The minimum wage doesn't effect me. The price of gas on the other hand...

Actually it's $57.00 INCLUDING BENEFITS. Today, it's $15.65 plus benefits. The conservatives got what they wanted.

Actually, the market got what it wanted...that starting wage is what that job is worth. If it was worth more then there would be competition to hire those workers at that higher wage. When you artificially inflate wages all it does is mess things up. That isn't a conservative thing...it's reality.

Forum List

Back