🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

So, Joy, when will it be, when you're again unsatisfied with $15 bucks an hour minimum wage? What next? $25? $50? $100? Is this about a "living wage" or is this about pure, unfettered greed?

The minimum wage should be tied to inflation.

No excuses though, flat out, your question is stupid.

The largest cost to the middle class, rent, isn't factored into inflation.

So, Joy, when will it be, when you're again unsatisfied with $15 bucks an hour minimum wage? What next? $25? $50? $100? Is this about a "living wage" or is this about pure, unfettered greed?

Unfettered greed is why we need a minimum wage and regulations.

The laugh is these guys are the ones that say lets make America Great Again... Wasn't everyone who worked 40 hours a week got a wage that meant they didn't live in poverty great?

Unfettered greed is why we need a minimum wage and regulations.

So, why do we keep raising it? I highly doubt it's about inflation. People want a full $7 raise. That wasn't prompted by inflation, but greed. Regulations mean nothing if you don't enforce them.

What is the definition of "minimum"? Is the definition "just what you want it to be"?

Answer the fucking question....I know why people are having to take shitty paying jobs...I am ASKING you why that is and what you think should be done about it. Raising wages to 15 bucks an hour isn't going to fix shit....it's just kicking the can down the road.
I just fucking answered the question. How hard is this? I think raising the federal wage to 15 is too big of a leap. We should have started the process years ago. It can however be raised to $12. Will jobs be lost in the process? Yes. However, the increase in consumer spendinf would create jobs. The rise in prices wouldn't nearly be enough to offset the extra few hundred bucks a month a person would be making.

You miss one very important nuance of wages, Billy. You can't raise the bottom level without having a corresponding ripple effect on wages above that level. If you pay your busboy $15 an hour then your waiter who has more experience than the newly hired busboy is going to demand to make $20 an hour. Your floor manager who now makes $20 an hour is going to want to make $30 an hour. So what you end up doing is raising everyone's wages...which of course raises everyone's labor costs...which of course leads to increased prices for goods and services to pay for that additional cost. So YEAH, you now make $15 an hour but your cost of living went up substantially to pay for it so you're right back where you started from!
Lol since when has it worked for workers to say "hey that guy almost makes as much as me. Pay me more!"

Employers can't be trusted on paying a wage that is econmically fair. They pay shit to maximize their own profits. The only way to make a business pay more is through legislation.

There is always a pay scale for any type of job, Billy! I used the example of a restaurant but it holds true for steel workers...coal miners...farmers...professional athletes...you can't bump the pay of the low end without bumping the pay of everyone above them.
Actually yes you can.

Really, Sly? So if you've worked at a job for five years...gotten some job skills that make you more valuable to your employer and thus a higher wage...you're not going to have a problem with someone just starting out with no job skills making the same amount as you are? Quite frankly, I don't think you've had much work experience if you think that's not going to be an issue!

No excuses though, flat out, your question is stupid.

The largest cost to the middle class, rent isn't factored into inflation.

That is true, however for a federal minimum wage I think inflation probably makes the most sense as rent varies drastically around the country, individual states can raise from there if need be.

Right, you want government to subsidize McDonalds.

Wrong. They should be left alone. No subsidies, no "fight for 15." No nothing. Let them run the company the way they wish, and pay wages at whatever rate (above minimum wage) that they wish.
So you advocate sweat shops then?

It's the left that seems to support super low wages. I've heard from so many liberals that we should allow illegal aliens to stay because they do jobs no one else will and they save the small farmers a shit ton of money. One lib here once asked if I wanted to pay more for fresh produce because that's what would happen if we didn't have illegals working the fields.

I just fucking answered the question. How hard is this? I think raising the federal wage to 15 is too big of a leap. We should have started the process years ago. It can however be raised to $12. Will jobs be lost in the process? Yes. However, the increase in consumer spendinf would create jobs. The rise in prices wouldn't nearly be enough to offset the extra few hundred bucks a month a person would be making.

You miss one very important nuance of wages, Billy. You can't raise the bottom level without having a corresponding ripple effect on wages above that level. If you pay your busboy $15 an hour then your waiter who has more experience than the newly hired busboy is going to demand to make $20 an hour. Your floor manager who now makes $20 an hour is going to want to make $30 an hour. So what you end up doing is raising everyone's wages...which of course raises everyone's labor costs...which of course leads to increased prices for goods and services to pay for that additional cost. So YEAH, you now make $15 an hour but your cost of living went up substantially to pay for it so you're right back where you started from!
Lol since when has it worked for workers to say "hey that guy almost makes as much as me. Pay me more!"

Employers can't be trusted on paying a wage that is econmically fair. They pay shit to maximize their own profits. The only way to make a business pay more is through legislation.

There is always a pay scale for any type of job, Billy! I used the example of a restaurant but it holds true for steel workers...coal miners...farmers...professional athletes...you can't bump the pay of the low end without bumping the pay of everyone above them.
Actually yes you can.

Really, Sly? So if you've worked at a job for five years...gotten some job skills that make you more valuable to your employer and thus a higher wage...you're not going to have a problem with someone just starting out with no job skills making the same amount as you are? Quite frankly, I don't think you've had much work experience if you think that's not going to be an issue!
GM paid $65.00 an hour for people to stand in a line and tighten bolts. They should make less.
I am a contractor, been a contractor for 30 years. The minimum wage doesn't effect me. The price of gas on the other hand...

Wrong. They should be left alone. No subsidies, no "fight for 15." No nothing. Let them run the company the way they wish, and pay wages at whatever rate (above minimum wage) that they wish.

It's the left that seems to support super low wages. I've heard from so many liberals that we should allow illegal aliens to stay because they do jobs no one else will and they save the small farmers a shit ton of money. One lib here once asked if I wanted to pay more for fresh produce because that's what would happen if we didn't have illegals working the fields.

This is true. There are people hiring illegal immigrants for the same, meager $7.25 the liberals on this thread are complaining about. Why aren't you guys complaining about that?

For migrant farm workers who move hundreds of miles back and forth in grueling conditions, yeah, you're not going to get Americans do to those jobs, it's just not going to happen. Give them work visas, easy access across the border, ensure they have clean and safe working conditions and go from there. Probably enforce some kind of minimum wage.

I can only imagine how you would react if the price of cucumbers sky rocketed. Thanks Obama!

For migrant farm workers who move hundreds of miles back and forth in grueling conditions, yeah, you're not going to get Americans do to those jobs, it's just not going to happen.

Of course not, not when you're encouraging them to live off of government subsidies instead.

Farmers in Georgia and Alabama cried like babies when their produce rotted in the field due to them passing a law that cracked down on hiring illegals. The reality is that you would end up paying $25 for a tomato if they really cracked down on illegals.

Alabama Illegal Immigrant Crackdown Destroys Farm Business

"Last fall Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley signed a tough law combating illegal immigration, which prompted undocumented workers to flee the state. Few locals will perform the grueling work of picking crops, and farmers stuck in a agricultural system built on illegal labor are struggling to find replacements before their produce rots. "

Last edited:

Actually yes you can.

GM paid $65.00 an hour for people to stand in a line and tighten bolts. They should make less.
I am a contractor, been a contractor for 30 years. The minimum wage doesn't effect me. The price of gas on the other hand...

Actually I think with benefits GM was probably paying it's UAW workers closer to $78.21 an hour, Sly. You think the minimum wage doesn't affect you? As a contractor...what do you do when they raise the cost of materials? At some point you have to pass that cost along...correct? Labor is the number one cost for most businesses. If you raise the cost of labor...that cost WILL get passed along to the consumer of whatever that service or good might be in the form of higher prices.

For migrant farm workers who move hundreds of miles back and forth in grueling conditions, yeah, you're not going to get Americans do to those jobs, it's just not going to happen.

Of course not, not when you're encouraging them to live off of government subsidies instead.

If you say so.

I rest my case. Good night Joy. Was a pleasure debating you.

If you say so. :bye1:

Farmers in Georgia and Alabama cried like babies when their produce rotted in the field due to them passing a law that cracked down on hiring illegals. The reality is that you would end up paying $25 for a tomato if they really cracked down on illegals.

"Last fall Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley signed a tough law combating illegal immigration, which prompted undocumented workers to flee the state. Few locals will perform the grueling work of picking crops, and farmers stuck in a agricultural system built on illegal labor are struggling to find replacements before their produce rots. "

Perhaps that should teach them to look harder for American labor instead. :p

Perhaps that should teach them to look harder for American labor instead. :p

You didnt read the link obviously. :laugh:

"Many farmers want to hire local workers, but it is increasingly difficult to find U.S. natives with theproper skills. Few are willing or able to perform the physically taxing and low paying labor which requires them to move with the crops, even with wages of $15-$20 an hour. Georgia recently experimented with creating a program that allowed parolees to work as farm laborers, but it was unsuccessful when they wouldn’t — or couldn’t — endure the grueling days. "

If you say so.

If you say so.

Hey, mine was a genuine wave, damn you.

Forum List

Back