🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

Unfettered greed is why we need a minimum wage and regulations.

So, why do we keep raising it? I highly doubt it's about inflation. People want a full $7 raise. That wasn't prompted by inflation, but greed. Regulations mean nothing if you don't enforce them.

What is the definition of "minimum"? Is the definition "just what you want it to be"?

So, why do we keep raising it? I highly doubt it's about inflation. People want a full $7 raise. That wasn't prompted by inflation, but greed. Regulations mean nothing if you don't enforce them.

What is the definition of "minimum"? Is the definition "just what you want it to be"?

My guess is you haven't priced anything lately.

So, Joy, when will it be, when you're again unsatisfied with $15 bucks an hour minimum wage? What next? $25? $50? $100? Is this about a "living wage" or is this about pure, unfettered greed?

The minimum wage should be tied to inflation.

No excuses though, flat out, your question is stupid.

The largest cost to the middle class, rent isn't factored into inflation.

That is true, however for a federal minimum wage I think inflation probably makes the most sense as rent varies drastically around the country, individual states can raise from there if need be.

That is true, however for a federal minimum wage I think inflation probably makes the most sense as rent varies drastically around the country, individual states can raise from there if need be.

Do you really think RED States are going to raise minimum wage?

You miss one very important nuance of wages, Billy. You can't raise the bottom level without having a corresponding ripple effect on wages above that level. If you pay your busboy $15 an hour then your waiter who has more experience than the newly hired busboy is going to demand to make $20 an hour. Your floor manager who now makes $20 an hour is going to want to make $30 an hour. So what you end up doing is raising everyone's wages...which of course raises everyone's labor costs...which of course leads to increased prices for goods and services to pay for that additional cost. So YEAH, you now make $15 an hour but your cost of living went up substantially to pay for it so you're right back where you started from!
Lol since when has it worked for workers to say "hey that guy almost makes as much as me. Pay me more!"

Employers can't be trusted on paying a wage that is econmically fair. They pay shit to maximize their own profits. The only way to make a business pay more is through legislation.

There is always a pay scale for any type of job, Billy! I used the example of a restaurant but it holds true for steel workers...coal miners...farmers...professional athletes...you can't bump the pay of the low end without bumping the pay of everyone above them.
Actually yes you can.

Really, Sly? So if you've worked at a job for five years...gotten some job skills that make you more valuable to your employer and thus a higher wage...you're not going to have a problem with someone just starting out with no job skills making the same amount as you are? Quite frankly, I don't think you've had much work experience if you think that's not going to be an issue!
GM paid $65.00 an hour for people to stand in a line and tighten bolts. They should make less.
I am a contractor, been a contractor for 30 years. The minimum wage doesn't effect me. The price of gas on the other hand...

GM paid $65.00 an hour for people to stand in a line and tighten bolts. They should make less.
I am a contractor, been a contractor for 30 years. The minimum wage doesn't effect me. The price of gas on the other hand...

Actually it's $57.00 INCLUDING BENEFITS. Today, it's $15.65 plus benefits. The conservatives got what they wanted.

Lol since when has it worked for workers to say "hey that guy almost makes as much as me. Pay me more!"

Employers can't be trusted on paying a wage that is econmically fair. They pay shit to maximize their own profits. The only way to make a business pay more is through legislation.

There is always a pay scale for any type of job, Billy! I used the example of a restaurant but it holds true for steel workers...coal miners...farmers...professional athletes...you can't bump the pay of the low end without bumping the pay of everyone above them.
Actually yes you can.

Really, Sly? So if you've worked at a job for five years...gotten some job skills that make you more valuable to your employer and thus a higher wage...you're not going to have a problem with someone just starting out with no job skills making the same amount as you are? Quite frankly, I don't think you've had much work experience if you think that's not going to be an issue!

Actually I think with benefits GM was probably paying it's UAW workers closer to $78.21 an hour, Sly. You think the minimum wage doesn't affect you? As a contractor...what do you do when they raise the cost of materials? At some point you have to pass that cost along...correct? Labor is the number one cost for most businesses. If you raise the cost of labor...that cost WILL get passed along to the consumer of whatever that service or good might be in the form of higher prices.
Sometimes I'm lucky to make $5.00 an hour. The control is the price of gas and number of competitors. www.Uber.com.

So, Joy, when will it be, when you're again unsatisfied with $15 bucks an hour minimum wage? What next? $25? $50? $100? Is this about a "living wage" or is this about pure, unfettered greed?

No excuses though, flat out, your question is stupid.

The largest cost to the middle class, rent isn't factored into inflation.

Do you really think RED States are going to raise minimum wage?

I hear ya', good chance they won't. However at least for many the minimum wage will for the most be more current and we won't have to move mountains or wait years for any change at all. Absolutely not perfect though.

What were you thinking would be better?

"Many farmers want to hire local workers, but it is increasingly difficult to find U.S. natives with theproper skills.

Liberal policies regarding the economy and education are responsible for that.

How so?

Welfare capitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep, be specific please.

Read the article. Specificity lies therein.

"Many farmers want to hire local workers, but it is increasingly difficult to find U.S. natives with theproper skills.

How so?

Yep, be specific please.

I have a short attention span and I don't feel like hunting down what your point is in a very long wiki page.

How so?

Yep, be specific please.

Then you should have no problem explaining it.

How so?

Yep, be specific please.

If you're such an expert on the positive economic impacts of a higher minimum wage, then you should have no problem disseminating it.

Good day.

If you're such an expert on the positive economic impacts of a higher minimum wage, then you should have no problem disseminating it.

Good day.
You're so fake. Point to something specific that you think validates your point or shut up and admit you don't know.

Good day.
You're so fake. Point to something specific that you think validates your point or shut up and admit you don't know.
Temp will never commit. He would rather argue with you for days instead of admitting he was wrong.

Good day.

Study sees positive impact of raising New York’s minimum wage to $15 an hour

..."Go to school! Learn new skills, you lazy asses!"

...then who would replace them to work in the service industry? How could those industries survive if so many of the workers make minimum wage?

Keep in mind we are including state minimum wages here - not just the federal one. Right now anyone making a state minimum wage is living in poverty. Working up to 40 hours a week Is not enough for these people to live financially stable lives.

42% of American workers make less than $15 per hour. What is your solution to helping these people out of poverty?

You people are full of bitching but you have no real solutions.

It's a problem....that we can agree on.

Raising the minimum wage isn't the solution.

Good day.

From UC Berkely...home of Robert Reich...go figure ?

Yep, be specific please.

Good day.

From UC Berkely...home of Robert Reich...go figure ?

That means nothing.

Forum List

Back