🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

Um I do actually. Businesses maximize profit by paying minimum wage. Duh.

But why are there so few decent paying jobs and why is this an employer's market that can pay someone less than what it takes to live? What caused this? Come on, homeboy....lay some leftard wisdom on me because I know how, why and when it all started......let's see you try and "school" me in the ways of leftardism.......I need a good laugh.
I don't see how this is complicated for you. The minimum wage caused it. Few people have skills to get a better paying job. That means they turn to entry level which always pays shit.

I mean Christ, if I'm wrong as you believe I am, it's not like you have an alternative explanation you doofus.

Answer the fucking question....I know why people are having to take shitty paying jobs...I am ASKING you why that is and what you think should be done about it. Raising wages to 15 bucks an hour isn't going to fix shit....it's just kicking the can down the road.
I just fucking answered the question. How hard is this? I think raising the federal wage to 15 is too big of a leap. We should have started the process years ago. It can however be raised to $12. Will jobs be lost in the process? Yes. However, the increase in consumer spendinf would create jobs. The rise in prices wouldn't nearly be enough to offset the extra few hundred bucks a month a person would be making.

You miss one very important nuance of wages, Billy. You can't raise the bottom level without having a corresponding ripple effect on wages above that level. If you pay your busboy $15 an hour then your waiter who has more experience than the newly hired busboy is going to demand to make $20 an hour. Your floor manager who now makes $20 an hour is going to want to make $30 an hour. So what you end up doing is raising everyone's wages...which of course raises everyone's labor costs...which of course leads to increased prices for goods and services to pay for that additional cost. So YEAH, you now make $15 an hour but your cost of living went up substantially to pay for it so you're right back where you started from!
Lol since when has it worked for workers to say "hey that guy almost makes as much as me. Pay me more!"

Employers can't be trusted on paying a wage that is econmically fair. They pay shit to maximize their own profits. The only way to make a business pay more is through legislation.

I made a hell of a lot less money back in the 70's starting out then people do now...but the cost of things was lower. The same Hershey bar that cost me a dime...now costs you $1.10. A higher wage with a higher cost of living doesn't do anyone any good. Things remain the same disposable income wise.

no minimum wage so we can live like this.
a948ab89ee8e5b2cff716d003c9f6d69f58a68a6.jpg
In other words, nobody will be working for a dollar a day like in Africa or Asia, right?

We're not going to experience a holocaust in this country either, there are still no excuses for the klan.

Without a minimum wage will people in America be working for a dollar an hour? Yes or no. It's a simple question. Why can none of you answer it?

Why a dollar? Probably not but you can't live off the minimum wage today.

Who said you're supposed to? If you're trying to live off the minimum wage then you've got a lot bigger problems because you failed in life.

Well, since you don't know them personally and have no idea what is going on in their lives you don't have the authority to speak to their successes or failures. Many have kids but I guess they are failures too in your book. Nothing else to be said here.

Why are minimum wage workers producing children they can't afford to take care of? That's kind of irresponsible, don't you think?

I made a hell of a lot less money back in the 70's starting out then people do now...but the cost of things was lower. The same Hershey bar that cost me a dime...now costs you $1.10. A higher wage with a higher cost of living doesn't do anyone any good. Things remain the same disposable income wise.
How about raising wages until we can afford the same things we could afford in the 70's?
Why has cost of goods gone up faster than income?

But why are there so few decent paying jobs and why is this an employer's market that can pay someone less than what it takes to live? What caused this? Come on, homeboy....lay some leftard wisdom on me because I know how, why and when it all started......let's see you try and "school" me in the ways of leftardism.......I need a good laugh.
I don't see how this is complicated for you. The minimum wage caused it. Few people have skills to get a better paying job. That means they turn to entry level which always pays shit.

I mean Christ, if I'm wrong as you believe I am, it's not like you have an alternative explanation you doofus.

Answer the fucking question....I know why people are having to take shitty paying jobs...I am ASKING you why that is and what you think should be done about it. Raising wages to 15 bucks an hour isn't going to fix shit....it's just kicking the can down the road.
I just fucking answered the question. How hard is this? I think raising the federal wage to 15 is too big of a leap. We should have started the process years ago. It can however be raised to $12. Will jobs be lost in the process? Yes. However, the increase in consumer spendinf would create jobs. The rise in prices wouldn't nearly be enough to offset the extra few hundred bucks a month a person would be making.

You miss one very important nuance of wages, Billy. You can't raise the bottom level without having a corresponding ripple effect on wages above that level. If you pay your busboy $15 an hour then your waiter who has more experience than the newly hired busboy is going to demand to make $20 an hour. Your floor manager who now makes $20 an hour is going to want to make $30 an hour. So what you end up doing is raising everyone's wages...which of course raises everyone's labor costs...which of course leads to increased prices for goods and services to pay for that additional cost. So YEAH, you now make $15 an hour but your cost of living went up substantially to pay for it so you're right back where you started from!
Lol since when has it worked for workers to say "hey that guy almost makes as much as me. Pay me more!"

Employers can't be trusted on paying a wage that is econmically fair. They pay shit to maximize their own profits. The only way to make a business pay more is through legislation.

There is always a pay scale for any type of job, Billy! I used the example of a restaurant but it holds true for steel workers...coal miners...farmers...professional athletes...you can't bump the pay of the low end without bumping the pay of everyone above them.

There is always a pay scale for any type of job, Billy! I used the example of a restaurant but it holds true for steel workers...coal miners...farmers...professional athletes...you can't bump the pay of the low end without bumping the pay of everyone above them.
Actually yes you can.

no minimum wage so we can live like this.
a948ab89ee8e5b2cff716d003c9f6d69f58a68a6.jpg
We're not going to experience a holocaust in this country either, there are still no excuses for the klan.

Without a minimum wage will people in America be working for a dollar an hour? Yes or no. It's a simple question. Why can none of you answer it?

Why a dollar? Probably not but you can't live off the minimum wage today.

Who said you're supposed to? If you're trying to live off the minimum wage then you've got a lot bigger problems because you failed in life.

Well, since you don't know them personally and have no idea what is going on in their lives you don't have the authority to speak to their successes or failures. Many have kids but I guess they are failures too in your book. Nothing else to be said here.

Why are minimum wage workers producing children they can't afford to take care of? That's kind of irresponsible, don't you think?

Perhaps. Life happens though, births, deaths, lay offs, health issues.

So, Joy, when will it be, when you're again unsatisfied with $15 bucks an hour minimum wage? What next? $25? $50? $100? Is this about a "living wage" or is this about pure, unfettered greed?

How about raising wages until we can afford the same things we could afford in the 70's?

With all due respect, Sly...we "need" things now that we didn't even have back in the 70's! How much does having access to the internet cost you each month? Cell phone?

Hate to break it to you. Already in gear in Europe. Automation.

Whoopsies.

There should be a tax to do this called the guaranteed living wage tax. What this will do is pay everyone 1,000 to 1,500 bucks per month in order to survive. This would also end the need for food stamps, and other welfare but most importantly will make work no longer work or die.

So we kill two birds with one stone! I support automation in general as I don't believe work should be a do or die kind of thing and machines can do it far more efficiently! Just that we have to care about the humans when we're doing so.
This will only work if the poor doesn't take the opportunity given and multiply. With endless amount of poor people getting pregnant and creating more poor people who need help our country will sink.

This will only work if the poor doesn't take the opportunity given and multiply. With endless amount of poor people getting pregnant and creating more poor people who need help our country will sink.

Why don't we force employers to pay a living wage?

No the employer does whatever he wants unless he has to pay his minimum wage workers more by law. End of story.

So, Joy, when will it be, when you're again unsatisfied with $15 bucks an hour minimum wage? What next? $25? $50? $100? Is this about a "living wage" or is this about pure, unfettered greed?

The minimum wage should be tied to inflation.

No excuses though, flat out, your question is stupid.

The average household back in the 70's had one car, one TV, one phone and unless you lived south of the Mason Dixon line...air conditioning was not something most homes had.

Unfettered greed is why we need a minimum wage and regulations.

You libs really need to get out of your zones. You have missed this battle in Europe. Automation baby. They've worked on it for years. Now implementing.

I am in Ireland and there is no more automation in the service sector here as there is in US...

Wages are not a major cost in many businesses... European model understands that if everyone makes shit wage then who can buy your goods... Henry Ford know this too... A good Min Wage is a good for business model... This is obvious if you stop talking to lobbyists...

There is allowances for new staff or transitional staff... But we want our kids in college learning, not serving in Mc Donalds...

No the employer does whatever he wants unless he has to pay his minimum wage workers more by law. End of story.

That would be the case if employers had a monopoly on business, Billy but if I'm the owner of a restaurant and I pay my employees badly...I can guarantee you that the good ones will be enticed to go elsewhere by business owners who pay better.

With all due respect, Sly...we "need" things now that we didn't even have back in the 70's! How much does having access to the internet cost you each month? Cell phone?
I was thinking automobiles, homes, school clothes.
Everyone who works for a living should be able to earn a living.

Forum List

Back