🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

Right, you want government to subsidize McDonalds.

Wrong. They should be left alone. No subsidies, no "fight for 15." No nothing. Let them run the company the way they wish, and pay wages at whatever rate (above minimum wage) that they wish.

If their workers need to seek government assistance because they are under paid then they are being subsidized. How do you not understand that?

So you advocate sweat shops then?

That's not what I said. Now you're just twisting my words. Read and understand my posts before you reply.

I'm not saying McDonald's should pay their workers 10 cents an hour. Let them pay whatever wage they want so long at it's above the current minimum wage.

Sweatshops? Hardly. On that note, however you should go after Apple for doing those.

Inside Apple's Chinese 'sweatshop' factory where workers are paid just £1.12 per hour to produce iPhones and iPads for the West

..."Go to school! Learn new skills, you lazy asses!"

...then who would replace them to work in the service industry? How could those industries survive if so many of the workers make minimum wage?

Keep in mind we are including state minimum wages here - not just the federal one. Right now anyone making a state minimum wage is living in poverty. Working up to 40 hours a week Is not enough for these people to live financially stable lives.

42% of American workers make less than $15 per hour. What is your solution to helping these people out of poverty?

You people are full of bitching but you have no real solutions.

When you live in a fantasy world what do you expect?

Minimum wages are set up to protect the employee, it's not a guarantee for a living wage. If you're in your 20's working at WalMart and think it's Sam's responsibility to provide for you it is just stupid...

The really sad part is you're too stupid to figure this out...
I don't understand how you people aren't getting this. Low wage jobs greatly outnumber higher wage jobs. That means millions of people have NO CHOICE but to accept shitty paying jobs.

Kicking the can down the road isn't going to help anything. The Fed bank needs a top to bottom audit and it needs to be dissolved or nationalized with no interest attached to every dollar created like it has been. Fort Knox needs a top to bottom audit because I suspect that there isn't any gold there and that we have been fooled into believing there is. Why is that significant? Because if there isn't any...then it was stolen by the Fed bankers. If it is there, we can go back to an honest system of using a currency with an intrinsic value. Then we do a top to bottom audit of the Comprehensive Financial Reports of the 185,000 subsidiaries of USA.INC and let's find out where they have been hiding their profits from investing when they were skimming off the top.

Then we negate all these unfair trade agreements that have caused decent paying blue collar jobs to disappear. GATT, CAFTA, NAFTA, TPP.....none of them apply. We have the means to produce anything we need and if some country wants to trade with us, it has to be a fair exchange and if it means putting a tariff on it, so be it. It worked just fine before the Fed bank act of 1913 and it would work fine after it was gone. Corporations can't sell their goods using slave labor means that they have to return work to the states. We dissolve US.INC and return to being a Republic. All debts incurred by USA.INC are their problem and not the ones that were paying this corporation to provide the 19 essential services as per the constitution which would be us. We return to common law instead of admiralty courts. All acts, statutes and codes are no longer valid. They were only put in place to raise revenue for their corporations. It's not that hard to turn this around at all. People just need to pull their heads out of their collective asses and see how badly we have been duped into thinking that we were free....nothing could be further from the truth.
If you know what you claim you know then you know you are suggesting a fairy tale.

Nope.....I have over 16,000 hours of research to fall back on. I haven't even scratched the surface of what I have learned as it pertains to what is going on. Most of you can't even wrap your mind around the fact that our monetary system isn't backed by anything of value. If you can't understand such a simple fact as that? There is no way you can wrap your mind around the other things I have discovered. We could change things if enough of us woke up.
Obviously you dont much if you dont know or monetary system is backed by debt. Youre a legend in your own mind.

Yes, I know that it is backed by debt that can never be repaid....don't you see that as a problem? It's perpetual debt machine. How can you ever, EVER repay the debt if there is interest attached to every piece of paper put in circulation? If you can't grasp that simple concept and see why it is draining us dry, then you don't have a fucking clue.
If you know that then your suggestions are silly. Now youre way off topic because it has zero to do with people being able to live.

No, it's not silly at all unless you just want to lay down and roll over and give up because it is only going to get worse if we do. I bet I am older than you...I wish I had been this awake when I was in my 20's ,30's or 40's. The more knowledge I attain, the more I can look back at how things were and see how the middle-class has been dismantled and how black folks have been kept from attaining the kind of prosperity that should have been available to everyone. The steel mills, the textile industries, car manufacturing dismantled......all due to the unfair trade agreements that allowed unfair competition that was allowed to violate the very environmental laws that were stringently enforced here and it was all by design and it goes back to the late 60's and the Club Of Rome that saw the middle class as an obstacle to their ultimate goal stated in the works of Carroll Quigley in his book "Tragedy And Hope".......you might want to look up his work and why he wrote it and what group allowed him to look at their papers. I know a great deal of what is happening and what the end game is. Taking us down was always part of the plan and they have followed the blue print to a proverbial "T".

...then who would replace them to work in the service industry? How could those industries survive if so many of the workers make minimum wage?

Keep in mind we are including state minimum wages here - not just the federal one. Right now anyone making a state minimum wage is living in poverty. Working up to 40 hours a week Is not enough for these people to live financially stable lives.

42% of American workers make less than $15 per hour. What is your solution to helping these people out of poverty?

Minimum wages are set up to protect the employee, it's not a guarantee for a living wage. If you're in your 20's working at WalMart and think it's Sam's responsibility to provide for you it is just stupid...

I don't understand how you people aren't getting this. Low wage jobs greatly outnumber higher wage jobs. That means millions of people have NO CHOICE but to accept shitty paying jobs.

But you don't have a fucking clue as to why that is....not even slightly.

That's not what I said. Now you're just twisting my words. Read and understand my posts before you reply.

I'm not saying McDonald's should pay their workers 10 cents an hour. Let them pay whatever wage they want so long at it's above the current minimum wage.

Sweatshops? Hardly. On that note, however you should go after Apple for doing those.

Inside Apple's Chinese 'sweatshop' factory where workers are paid just £1.12 per hour to produce iPhones and iPads for the West

How much does that buy in China compared to $7.25 in the US?

BTW, fuck Apple.

How come nobody is addressing our biggest burden, the Government!

Who controls the price of housing? Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guaranteeing 30 year loans, driving up the cost for a house.
Who prevents high density housing? Local Government zoning ordinances!
Who charges money for building permits and inspections! Who enacts laws mandating more expensive lighting? Or more expensive insulation, windows? Who charges a yearly tax on where we live!

The government is largely responsible for housing not being affordable.

I need food, is the government doing anything to drive up the cost of food, like making corn into ethanol? Or does the government make energy more expensive, thus driving up the cost of food?

Energy, has the government done anything to drive up the cost of energy?

The government does this to us, and for the most part, it is controlled by Democrats.

Education, why does it cost money to go to government schools? And why is the price now not affordable?

Why are the only people in the Middle Class that are safe, are government workers?

If their workers need to seek government assistance because they are under paid then they are being subsidized.

No.

Why is it you and Asclepias can't seem to read or comprehend my posts properly? McDonald's generates enough revenue to pay their workers by themselves. This is an international restaurant chain. No subsidies are required.

As Doc once pointed out to me (I think it was Doc), poor people have it far better off here than anywhere else in the world. By far.

Last edited:

Um I do actually. Businesses maximize profit by paying minimum wage. Duh.

If their workers need to seek government assistance because they are under paid then they are being subsidized.

No.

Why is it you and Asclepias can't seem to read or comprehend my posts properly? McDonald's generates enough revenue to pay their workers by themselves. This is an international restaurant chain. No subsidies are required.

As Doc once pointed out to me, poor people have it far better off here than anywhere else in the world. By far.

So, if a worker needs food stamps because their employer doesn't pay them enough, that's not corporate welfare to you?

American poors are better off? Bullshit.

A Dozen Countries Where the Poor May Be Better Off Than the United States
Per Capita Income Across the Developed World (2005 Dollars, PPP Adjusted)

chart_corrected.png.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.png

Your strawman is burning.

The solution is unburdening the economy so that it can grow, and for unskilled and inexperienced to take a job that enables them to develop a strong work ethic and to then to see what opportunities that leads to.

It is not for the government to micro-manage equality of results which make us all Equally Poor, Dependent and Miserable.

But why are there so few decent paying jobs and why is this an employer's market that can pay someone less than what it takes to live? What caused this? Come on, homeboy....lay some leftard wisdom on me because I know how, why and when it all started......let's see you try and "school" me in the ways of leftardism.......I need a good laugh.

The republican solution is to end the minimum wage which will allow corporate America to pay pennies to our workers as they do in africa or asia.

Who in the United States is going to work for pennies?

When there's no minimum wage corporations like Apple or a meat packers plant will pay as little as they can get away with.

And exactly how will they do that when nobody will work for that wage?

BTW, fuck Apple.
What are you asking?

£1.12 an hour is worth roughly 9 Chinese Yuan (¥). Is that the answer you're looking for? That not even sufficient to pay for a decent size candy bar here in the US, or Britain for that matter.

Uh, you don't. Businesses maximize profit by providing goods and services for which customers are willing to pay a price, which in turn provides a reasonable return on capital. If the value created by the labor enables Premium Pricing, that labor is more valuable and is in a position to secure a higher wage.

The republican solution is to end the minimum wage which will allow corporate America to pay pennies to our workers as they do in africa or asia.

Who in the United States is going to work for pennies?

How about hundreds of pennies per hour, does that sound better? Because it's factual and unlivable.

In other words, nobody will be working for a dollar a day like in Africa or Asia, right?

Hate to break it to you. Already in gear in Europe. Automation.

Whoopsies.

There should be a tax to do this called the guaranteed living wage tax. What this will do is pay everyone 1,000 to 1,500 bucks per month in order to survive. This would also end the need for food stamps, and other welfare but most importantly will make work no longer work or die.

So we kill two birds with one stone! I support automation in general as I don't believe work should be a do or die kind of thing and machines can do it far more efficiently! Just that we have to care about the humans when we're doing so.

You want to do away with work or die? Dude, you make it sound so Draconian when in fact it's just nature. Show me an animal species that doesn't "work" to get food! Yet you think "work" should be optional for humans?

Here's a dose of reality for you, Matthew...work isn't a bad thing...it's a good thing. Work gives you job skills...job skills gives you access to better jobs...better jobs gives you access to more pay...but most important...work gives you dignity and makes you self reliant. The quickest way out of poverty is to improve yourself at work. The surest way to stay impoverished is to stay in a minimum wage job forever or to go on welfare.

But why are there so few decent paying jobs and why is this an employer's market that can pay someone less than what it takes to live? What caused this? Come on, homeboy....lay some leftard wisdom on me because I know how, why and when it all started......let's see you try and "school" me in the ways of leftardism.......I need a good laugh.
I don't see how this is complicated for you. The minimum wage caused it. Few people have skills to get a better paying job. That means they turn to entry level which always pays shit.

I mean Christ, if I'm wrong as you believe I am, it's not like you have an alternative explanation you doofus.

BTW, fuck Apple.
What are you asking?

£1.12 an hour is worth roughly 9 Chinese Yuan. Is that the answer you're looking for? That not even sufficient to pay for a decent size candy bar here in the US, or Britain for that matter.

Right and you're comparing slave wages in China to make our minimum wage look decent. That's like saying a yellow highlighter paints a vivid picture when compared to a Nbr. 2 pencil.

BTW, fuck Apple.
What are you asking?

£1.12 an hour is worth roughly 9 Chinese Yuan (¥). Is that the answer you're looking for? That not even sufficient to pay for a decent size candy bar here in the US, or Britain for that matter.

To further expound and to wit, $7.25 USD could buy a good sized combo meal at a McDonalds. Think about that for a moment.

Forum List

Back