🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

How about hundreds of pennies per hour, does that sound better? Because it's factual and unlivable.

Wow. That's an exaggeration. Seven hundred and twenty five pennies per hour. Hope you got a lot of large jars laying around. I remember in 2006 when the minimum wage was raised from $5.15 to $7.25. The same excuses were being used then.

"Millions of people are living in poverty! $5.15 minimum wage is unlivable! Give us a living wage!"

1996 was 20 years ago, there is no exaggeration in my post.

How about hundreds of pennies per hour, does that sound better? Because it's factual and unlivable.

Wow. That's an exaggeration. Seven hundred and twenty five pennies per hour. Hope you got a lot of large jars laying around. I remember in 2006 when the minimum wage was raised from $5.15 to $7.25. The same excuses were being used then.

"Millions of people are living in poverty! $5.15 minimum wage is unlivable! Give us a living wage!"

Read again. I said 2006. Two thousand and six. Which was 10 years ago. In 1996 the minimum wage was $4.75 an hour. Try again.

Read again. I said 2006. Two thousand and six. Which was 10 years ago. In 1996 the minimum wage was $4.75 an hour. Try again.

Oh, my bad. 10 years ago...is there a point here?

Oh my word....the next time a liberal displays even the most rudimentary understanding of basic economics will be the first time that it has ever happened. Minimum wage is necessary because of basic supply and demand. The amount of labor exceeds the amount of jobs available and always will. Thus, supply and demand will cause compensation to spiral downwards under normal competition (I'll work for a dollar per day, but you have no job so you'll offer to work for $0.50 per day, and so on and so on). However, once minimum wage is established, jacking it up constantly (as libtards have done) have caused massive inflation.

It's stupid and it's completely unavoidable. Actions do not occur in a vacuum. Business owners do not eat cost. When you raise minimum wage, the business owner raises the costs of their goods and services to cover that increased labor cost. Since every business raised their wages (including even those that don't have minimum wage workers - simply in response to the chain reaction), the minimum wage worker is no further ahead than they were before their increase. But now you've f'ed over the economy royally with mass inflation. Morons.
Here agains we show the diffidence between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives just claim it wont work and never try anything. Liberals believe in implementing a solution and making it work through a process of refinement. Further proof you would still be grunting to communicate if not for liberals.

We can raise the minimum wage conditionally to see what happens. If its not a good thing then we can repeal the law or place a time limit on it.

If you know the things you claim you do, then you already know that it is a dead end........WTF???

Thats fine. People can at least be comfortable until that time comes.

Kicking the can down the road isn't going to help anything. The Fed bank needs a top to bottom audit and it needs to be dissolved or nationalized with no interest attached to every dollar created like it has been. Fort Knox needs a top to bottom audit because I suspect that there isn't any gold there and that we have been fooled into believing there is. Why is that significant? Because if there isn't any...then it was stolen by the Fed bankers. If it is there, we can go back to an honest system of using a currency with an intrinsic value. Then we do a top to bottom audit of the Comprehensive Financial Reports of the 185,000 subsidiaries of USA.INC and let's find out where they have been hiding their profits from investing when they were skimming off the top.

Then we negate all these unfair trade agreements that have caused decent paying blue collar jobs to disappear. GATT, CAFTA, NAFTA, TPP.....none of them apply. We have the means to produce anything we need and if some country wants to trade with us, it has to be a fair exchange and if it means putting a tariff on it, so be it. It worked just fine before the Fed bank act of 1913 and it would work fine after it was gone. Corporations can't sell their goods using slave labor means that they have to return work to the states. We dissolve US.INC and return to being a Republic. All debts incurred by USA.INC are their problem and not the ones that were paying this corporation to provide the 19 essential services as per the constitution which would be us. We return to common law instead of admiralty courts. All acts, statutes and codes are no longer valid. They were only put in place to raise revenue for their corporations. It's not that hard to turn this around at all. People just need to pull their heads out of their collective asses and see how badly we have been duped into thinking that we were free....nothing could be further from the truth.
If you know what you claim you know then you know you are suggesting a fairy tale.

Nope.....I have over 16,000 hours of research to fall back on. I haven't even scratched the surface of what I have learned as it pertains to what is going on. Most of you can't even wrap your mind around the fact that our monetary system isn't backed by anything of value. If you can't understand such a simple fact as that? There is no way you can wrap your mind around the other things I have discovered. We could change things if enough of us woke up.

Here agains we show the diffidence between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives just claim it wont work and never try anything. Liberals believe in implementing a solution and making it work through a process of refinement. Further proof you would still be grunting to communicate if not for liberals.

We can raise the minimum wage conditionally to see what happens. If its not a good thing then we can repeal the law or place a time limit on it.

If you know the things you claim you do, then you already know that it is a dead end........WTF???

Kicking the can down the road isn't going to help anything. The Fed bank needs a top to bottom audit and it needs to be dissolved or nationalized with no interest attached to every dollar created like it has been. Fort Knox needs a top to bottom audit because I suspect that there isn't any gold there and that we have been fooled into believing there is. Why is that significant? Because if there isn't any...then it was stolen by the Fed bankers. If it is there, we can go back to an honest system of using a currency with an intrinsic value. Then we do a top to bottom audit of the Comprehensive Financial Reports of the 185,000 subsidiaries of USA.INC and let's find out where they have been hiding their profits from investing when they were skimming off the top.

Then we negate all these unfair trade agreements that have caused decent paying blue collar jobs to disappear. GATT, CAFTA, NAFTA, TPP.....none of them apply. We have the means to produce anything we need and if some country wants to trade with us, it has to be a fair exchange and if it means putting a tariff on it, so be it. It worked just fine before the Fed bank act of 1913 and it would work fine after it was gone. Corporations can't sell their goods using slave labor means that they have to return work to the states. We dissolve US.INC and return to being a Republic. All debts incurred by USA.INC are their problem and not the ones that were paying this corporation to provide the 19 essential services as per the constitution which would be us. We return to common law instead of admiralty courts. All acts, statutes and codes are no longer valid. They were only put in place to raise revenue for their corporations. It's not that hard to turn this around at all. People just need to pull their heads out of their collective asses and see how badly we have been duped into thinking that we were free....nothing could be further from the truth.
If you know what you claim you know then you know you are suggesting a fairy tale.

Nope.....I have over 16,000 hours of research to fall back on. I haven't even scratched the surface of what I have learned as it pertains to what is going on. Most of you can't even wrap your mind around the fact that our monetary system isn't backed by anything of value. If you can't understand such a simple fact as that? There is no way you can wrap your mind around the other things I have discovered. We could change things if enough of us woke up.
Obviously you dont much if you dont know or monetary system is backed by debt. Youre a legend in your own mind.

..."Go to school! Learn new skills, you lazy asses!"

...then who would replace them to work in the service industry? How could those industries survive if so many of the workers make minimum wage?

Keep in mind we are including state minimum wages here - not just the federal one. Right now anyone making a state minimum wage is living in poverty. Working up to 40 hours a week Is not enough for these people to live financially stable lives.

42% of American workers make less than $15 per hour. What is your solution to helping these people out of poverty?

You people are full of bitching but you have no real solutions.

Damn, billy. You're full of stupidity.

You're making it sound worse than it is. You're sending the message that these people are living in poverty with no way out of their current situation. They have plenty of ways. Government programs perhaps, state scholarships, federal grants, or perhaps seeking opportunities for career advancement in their own line of work. You make it sound like life is terrible for them without telling them that they can make a better one for themselves.

You know why there's a $15/hr crowd right now? Because they've been convinced that their situation is hopeless unless they get their $15 bucks an hour. These people have not been shown the path to success, they've been given what they want on a silver platter. They've been told that making demands are easier than putting forth conscious effort.

You're making it sound worse than it is. You're sending the message that these people are living in poverty with no way out of their current situation. They have plenty of ways. Government programs, or perhaps seeking opportunities for career advancement in their own line of work. You make it sound like life is terrible for them.

You know why there's a $15/hr crowd right now? Because they've been convinced that their situation is hopeless unless they get their $15 bucks an hour. These people have not been shown the path to success, they've been given what they want on a silver platter.
Nobody thinks $15 hr is a silver platter.

Obviously you dont much if you dont know or monetary system is backed by debt. Youre a legend in your own mind.

Yes, I know that it is backed by debt that can never be repaid....don't you see that as a problem? It's perpetual debt machine. How can you ever, EVER repay the debt if there is interest attached to every piece of paper put in circulation? If you can't grasp that simple concept and see why it is draining us dry, then you don't have a fucking clue.

..."Go to school! Learn new skills, you lazy asses!"

...then who would replace them to work in the service industry? How could those industries survive if so many of the workers make minimum wage?

Keep in mind we are including state minimum wages here - not just the federal one. Right now anyone making a state minimum wage is living in poverty. Working up to 40 hours a week Is not enough for these people to live financially stable lives.

42% of American workers make less than $15 per hour. What is your solution to helping these people out of poverty?

You people are full of bitching but you have no real solutions.
An incredibly stupid question.

Those jobs were once filled with teenagers. Then manual labor jobs went to China. The adults that lost those jobs settled for menial jobs & replaced the kids rather than retooling their skills.

You're making it sound worse than it is. You're sending the message that these people are living in poverty with no way out of their current situation. They have plenty of ways. Government programs, or perhaps seeking opportunities for career advancement in their own line of work. You make it sound like life is terrible for them.

You know why there's a $15/hr crowd right now? Because they've been convinced that their situation is hopeless unless they get their $15 bucks an hour. These people have not been shown the path to success, they've been given what they want on a silver platter.
Nobody thinks $15 hr is a silver platter.

You misread my post. They want $15/hr minimum wage handed to them on a silver platter. They want everything given to them on a silver platter.

Where did I say there was no way out of their current situation? That's just a flat out lie.

Single mother with 1 kid making minimum wage in a 40 hour work week is living in poverty. Of course they need government assistance, it's still poverty.

There situation isn't hopeless, they can go to school, they can get a promotion, in the meantime they have to feed, clothe, live and learn and I don't know about you but I'd prefer their employer pay a fair wage so I don't have to subsidize their profits through my taxes.

this is going to be bad for you. As a fellow liberal its my duty to head them off at the pass. The answer is going to be the next wave of people entering the job market.

Partly true. Each year, teens get to an age where they can start entering the job market.

Right now, there are so few jobs to be had. Most are part time because of Obamacare. Many small businesses, that did offer better wages, have been killed because of Obamacare and over regulation. Those small businesses were important rungs of the ladder for those wanting to work their way up.

No, working at McDonald's isn't the way to support a family unless you have a degree and are working your way up to management. Management, even at fast food places or discount stores, offer pretty good wages and benefits, but they aren't going to those without education.

I know so many people who started at jobs at minimum wage and are still at the same places earning a good living. They stuck with it, got raises and/or promotions and things went well. If someone claims to be stuck at McDonald's for 10 years, either no one else wants them or they just don't have what it takes to advance. Yes, getting some kind of degree or even going to school to be an auto mechanic or hair dresser would make a huge difference in their job prospects and wages.

Maybe the next administration will be more business friendly and won't regulate them out of business.

And youth today need parents who actually do their job and discipline them so they stay in school, stay out of trouble and make something of their lives instead of blaming everyone else and waiting for government to even the score.

Yes, I know that it is backed by debt that can never be repaid....don't you see that as a problem? It's perpetual debt machine. How can you ever, EVER repay the debt if there is interest attached to every piece of paper put in circulation? If you can't grasp that simple concept and see why it is draining us dry, then you don't have a fucking clue.
If you know that then your suggestions are silly. Now youre way off topic because it has zero to do with people being able to live.

Where did I say there was no way out of their current situation? That's just a flat out lie.

You don't have to say it. The rhetoric you're repeating suggests it. So it isn't a lie.

Single mother with 1 kid making minimum wage in a 40 hour work week is living in poverty. Of course they need government assistance, it's still poverty.

I rest my case.

You don't have to say it. The rhetoric you're repeating suggests it. So it isn't a lie.

I rest my case.

Right, you want government to subsidize McDonalds.

There situation isn't hopeless, they can go to school, they can get a promotion, in the meantime they have to feed, clothe, live and learn and I don't know about you but I'd prefer their employer pay a fair wage so I don't have to subsidize their profits through my taxes.

Interesting. The best way not to be stuck at the bottom is make your way up. Stop demanding a "living wage", learn useful skills, a trade. Teach them money management, teach them proper spending habits. So as for your job, the more useful you are to your employer, the more you are paid. Don't get me wrong, government subsidies are a useful tool, but they aren't a permanent solution. And liberals should quit instilling the notion that government subsidies are the only permanent solution.

Interesting. The best way not to be stuck at the bottom is make your way up. Stop demanding a "living wage", learn useful skills, a trade. Teach them money management, teach them proper spending habits. So as for your job, the more useful you are to your employer, the more you are paid. Don't get me wrong, government subsidies are a useful tool, but they aren't a permanent solution.

Of course, learn useful skills and a trade, life isn't always that clean and all that costs money, in the meantime people need to live today, feed their kids, put a roof over their head, you know..silver platter stuff.

Not a permanent solution? Yeah, it would be, maybe/hopefully many will move out of their minimum wage jobs but they will just be filled by someone else so government would constantly be subsidizing the same jobs regardless of who is in them. Why don't you understand that?

Forum List

Back