🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

The republican solution is to end the minimum wage which will allow corporate America to pay pennies to our workers as they do in africa or asia.

Who in the United States is going to work for pennies?

How about hundreds of pennies per hour, does that sound better? Because it's factual and unlivable.

In other words, nobody will be working for a dollar a day like in Africa or Asia, right?

We're not going to experience a holocaust in this country either, there are still no excuses for the klan.

..."Go to school! Learn new skills, you lazy asses!"

...then who would replace them to work in the service industry? How could those industries survive if so many of the workers make minimum wage?

Keep in mind we are including state minimum wages here - not just the federal one. Right now anyone making a state minimum wage is living in poverty. Working up to 40 hours a week Is not enough for these people to live financially stable lives.

42% of American workers make less than $15 per hour. What is your solution to helping these people out of poverty?

You people are full of bitching but you have no real solutions.

When you live in a fantasy world what do you expect?

Minimum wages are set up to protect the employee, it's not a guarantee for a living wage. If you're in your 20's working at WalMart and think it's Sam's responsibility to provide for you it is just stupid...

The really sad part is you're too stupid to figure this out...
I don't understand how you people aren't getting this. Low wage jobs greatly outnumber higher wage jobs. That means millions of people have NO CHOICE but to accept shitty paying jobs.

But you don't have a fucking clue as to why that is....not even slightly.
Um I do actually. Businesses maximize profit by paying minimum wage. Duh.

Uh, you don't. Businesses maximize profit by providing goods and services for which customers are willing to pay a price, which in turn provides a reasonable return on capital. If the value created by the labor enables Premium Pricing, that labor is more valuable and is in a position to secure a higher wage.
You're such an idiot. Like it or not, we live in an economy where higher wage jobs are rare and many aren't qualified for them, so millions are stuck at either entry level or a skilled job that still pays shit. That means employers can easily get away with paying a shitty wage. Christ it's not like employers are like "wow, my business couldn't survive without the labor my employers provide, I guess I better pay them more!"

So you advocate sweat shops then?

That's not what I said. Now you're just twisting my words. Read and understand my posts before you reply.

I'm not saying McDonald's should pay their workers 10 cents an hour. Let them pay whatever wage they want so long at it's above the current minimum wage.

Sweatshops? Hardly. On that note, however you should go after Apple for doing those.

Inside Apple's Chinese 'sweatshop' factory where workers are paid just £1.12 per hour to produce iPhones and iPads for the West

How much does that buy in China compared to $7.25 in the US?

BTW, fuck Apple.
What are you asking?

£1.12 an hour is worth roughly 9 Chinese Yuan (¥). Is that the answer you're looking for? That not even sufficient to pay for a decent size candy bar here in the US, or Britain for that matter.

To further expound and to wit, $7.25 USD could buy a good sized combo meal at a McDonalds. Think about that for a moment.

How many hours does one have to work to pay $800 for a shitty apartment?

Anyway, $7.25 a meal, x2 people x 3 meals a day. Think about it.

The republican solution is to end the minimum wage which will allow corporate America to pay pennies to our workers as they do in africa or asia.

How about hundreds of pennies per hour, does that sound better? Because it's factual and unlivable.

In other words, nobody will be working for a dollar a day like in Africa or Asia, right?

We're not going to experience a holocaust in this country either, there are still no excuses for the klan.

Without a minimum wage will people in America be working for a dollar an hour? Yes or no. It's a simple question. Why can none of you answer it?

Minimum wages are set up to protect the employee, it's not a guarantee for a living wage. If you're in your 20's working at WalMart and think it's Sam's responsibility to provide for you it is just stupid...

I don't understand how you people aren't getting this. Low wage jobs greatly outnumber higher wage jobs. That means millions of people have NO CHOICE but to accept shitty paying jobs.

But why are there so few decent paying jobs and why is this an employer's market that can pay someone less than what it takes to live? What caused this? Come on, homeboy....lay some leftard wisdom on me because I know how, why and when it all started......let's see you try and "school" me in the ways of leftardism.......I need a good laugh.
I don't see how this is complicated for you. The minimum wage caused it. Few people have skills to get a better paying job. That means they turn to entry level which always pays shit.

I mean Christ, if I'm wrong as you believe I am, it's not like you have an alternative explanation you doofus.

Answer the fucking question....I know why people are having to take shitty paying jobs...I am ASKING you why that is and what you think should be done about it. Raising wages to 15 bucks an hour isn't going to fix shit....it's just kicking the can down the road.

Right and you're comparing slave wages in China to make our minimum wage look decent. That's like saying a yellow highlighter paints a vivid picture when compared to a Nbr. 2 pencil.

Slave wages? Do you realize what kind of terminology you're using? To hear you, $7.25 is a slave wage.

$7.25/hr is most certainly not a "slave wage". Is this the kind of message you're willing to send to the American people? Wow. Since when are American workers "slaves"? They have it far better off than others around the world. If you want slaves, go to North Korea. Take Bill and Ted's time machine to a plantation in the Deep South.

We are the most prosperous nation on Earth, yet to hear you, we are 1930's era Soviet Russia. Gulags, forced labor. The works. You have zero idea of the comparisons you're making. Workers here in America have far more rights and freedom than anywhere else on earth.

Without a minimum wage will people in America be working for a dollar an hour? Yes or no. It's a simple question. Why can none of you answer it?

Why a dollar? Probably not but you can't live off the minimum wage today.

no minimum wage so we can live like this.
a948ab89ee8e5b2cff716d003c9f6d69f58a68a6.jpg

But why are there so few decent paying jobs and why is this an employer's market that can pay someone less than what it takes to live? What caused this? Come on, homeboy....lay some leftard wisdom on me because I know how, why and when it all started......let's see you try and "school" me in the ways of leftardism.......I need a good laugh.
I don't see how this is complicated for you. The minimum wage caused it. Few people have skills to get a better paying job. That means they turn to entry level which always pays shit.

I mean Christ, if I'm wrong as you believe I am, it's not like you have an alternative explanation you doofus.

Let me see if I can explain this to you, Matthew...the reason that entry level jobs don't pay well is that the employer has to train their new employee. When you do so your labor costs go up and there is inevitably losses that occur from errors that take place with inexperienced workers. If you were to raise the pay for entry level workers then you would in fact encourage employers not to hire inexperienced people and then you have fewer entry level positions for workers just entering the job market to get job skills in. That's a recipe for disaster.

Right and you're comparing slave wages in China to make our minimum wage look decent. That's like saying a yellow highlighter paints a vivid picture when compared to a Nbr. 2 pencil.

Slave wages? Do you realize what kind of terminology you're using?

$7.25/hr is most certainly not a "slave wage". What an asinine thing to say. Is this the kind of message you're willing to send to the American people? Wow. Since when are American workers "slaves"? They have it far better off than others around the world. If you want slaves, go to North Korea. Take Bill and Ted's time machine to a plantation in the Deep South.

We are the most prosperous nation on Earth, yet to hear you, we are 1930's era Soviet Russia. Gulags, forced labor. The works. You have zero idea of the comparisons you're making.

I didn't say $7.25 was slave wages, why do you keep misrepresenting my posts?

This post of yours has zero merit as it's based on a lie.

Who said you're supposed to? If you're trying to live off the minimum wage then you've got a lot bigger problems because you failed in life.

They do in Hong Kong

Answer the fucking question....I know why people are having to take shitty paying jobs...I am ASKING you why that is and what you think should be done about it. Raising wages to 15 bucks an hour isn't going to fix shit....it's just kicking the can down the road.
I just fucking answered the question. How hard is this? I think raising the federal wage to 15 is too big of a leap. We should have started the process years ago. It can however be raised to $12. Will jobs be lost in the process? Yes. However, the increase in consumer spendinf would create jobs. The rise in prices wouldn't nearly be enough to offset the extra few hundred bucks a month a person would be making.

They do in Hong Kong

No shit, Mr. Holmes, but see, we're talking about the United States of America. Try to keep up.

I think raising the federal wage to 15 is too big of a leap. We should have started the process years ago. It can however be raised to $12. Will jobs be lost in the process? Yes. However, the increase in consumer spendinf would create jobs. The rise in prices wouldn't nearly be enough to offset the extra few hundred bucks a month a person would be making.

Please cite your evidence.

You libs really need to get out of your zones. You have missed this battle in Europe. Automation baby. They've worked on it for years. Now implementing.

You libs really need to get out of your zones. You have missed this battle in Europe. Automation baby. They've worked on it for years. Now implementing.

You lie!

no minimum wage so we can live like this.

Who said you're supposed to? If you're trying to live off the minimum wage then you've got a lot bigger problems because you failed in life.

Well, since you don't know them personally and have no idea what is going on in their lives you don't have the authority to speak to their successes or failures. Many have kids but I guess they are failures too in your book. Nothing else to be said here.

I just fucking answered the question. How hard is this? I think raising the federal wage to 15 is too big of a leap. We should have started the process years ago. It can however be raised to $12. Will jobs be lost in the process? Yes. However, the increase in consumer spendinf would create jobs. The rise in prices wouldn't nearly be enough to offset the extra few hundred bucks a month a person would be making.

You miss one very important nuance of wages, Billy. You can't raise the bottom level without having a corresponding ripple effect on wages above that level. If you pay your busboy $15 an hour then your waiter who has more experience than the newly hired busboy is going to demand to make $20 an hour. Your floor manager who now makes $20 an hour is going to want to make $30 an hour. So what you end up doing is raising everyone's wages...which of course raises everyone's labor costs...which of course leads to increased prices for goods and services to pay for that additional cost. So YEAH, you now make $15 an hour but your cost of living went up substantially to pay for it so you're right back where you started from!

Forum List

Back