🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

This debate originality was about poor people having access to smart phones and whether they...(kind of guessing here) should still be considered poor if they have any electronic equipment at all,

With food stamps and welfare, nobody is truly "poor." And me? I own almost all the technology in this house, most of it I paid for before I quit work. That doesn't make me rich, nor does it make me poor.
Yes people with food stamps welfare etc are truly poor. Pretending they are not poor is silly.

Depends on what you consider poor does it not. A very subjective thing.
Who%20are%20poor_zpsrcz0pmtl.png

9 Facts About How the Poor in America Live

This debate originality was about poor people having access to smart phones and whether they...(kind of guessing here) should still be considered poor if they have any electronic equipment at all,

With food stamps and welfare, nobody is truly "poor." And me? I own almost all the technology in this house, most of it I paid for before I quit work. That doesn't make me rich, nor does it make me poor.
Yes people with food stamps welfare etc are truly poor. Pretending they are not poor is silly.

Boom.

92% have a microwave?

Not that a microwave is any great prize but I'd like to see proof that 92% of any population owns a microwave.

Boom.

It's not. where is heritage getting their numbers? As an example, how many people rent their place of residence and own a microwave? Id' guess less than 92% and then when you're poor...probably less.

But, who am I to question?

The question was could you guarantee the people cheating the system didnt have another source of unreported income?

They don't need one if they're being paid by the government. So, if the income you receive from the government is sufficient enough to keep you out of poverty, you are not poor.
Not the point. Your claim was that people on welfare bought frivolous things. If you cant prove everyone did it then you lack credibility.

Typical, you just love to throw up worthless posts.

Your statement, and I quote: "If you cant [can't] prove everyone did it then you lack credibility."

What in the heck does that even mean?

If you cannot prove that everyone did not commit fraud...then the accuser lacks credibility.

Your somewhat amusing. Boring though.

The question was could you guarantee the people cheating the system didnt have another source of unreported income?

They don't need one if they're being paid by the government. So, if the income you receive from the government is sufficient enough to keep you out of poverty, you are not poor.
Not the point. Your claim was that people on welfare bought frivolous things. If you cant prove everyone did it then you lack credibility.

Typical, you just love to throw up worthless posts.

Your statement, and I quote: "If you cant [can't] prove everyone did it then you lack credibility."

What in the heck does that even mean?

If you cannot prove that everyone did not commit fraud...then the accuser lacks credibility.

Your somewhat amusing. Boring though.

Basically asking for what the percentage of fraud in EBT cards use is. It's pretty obvious

It's not. where is heritage getting their numbers?

If you'd bothered to read the link Mark posted, you'd know exactly where they got their numbers.

OK, 92% of poor people have a microwave. They don't own them though. So, what's the point of bringing it up? Almost every tv today is high def, are we saying we get to hold poor people accountable for buying a 5 year old tv and count it just like we would a new one?

They own video game systems? Does an Atari 2600 count the same as a PS4? What if they owned these appliances before some catastrophic event like the death of the head of household?

None of this is taken into account, if the Heritage Foundation were even being honest in the first place and there is plenty of reason to not accept them as a source.

Last edited:
Hate to break it to you. Already in gear in Europe. Automation.

Whoopsies.

There should be a tax to do this called the guaranteed living wage tax. What this will do is pay everyone 1,000 to 1,500 bucks per month in order to survive. This would also end the need for food stamps, and other welfare but most importantly will make work no longer work or die.

So we kill two birds with one stone! I support automation in general as I don't believe work should be a do or die kind of thing and machines can do it far more efficiently! Just that we have to care about the humans when we're doing so.
Interesting as the slower thinkers dont seem to realize that industrial age thinking doesnt fit in the information age. They are still under the delusion that there is a job for everyone.
Certainly no delusion here. I checked this out last year. Job openings available in America 5,400,000 - Number of unemployed 25,435,977.

That's 20,035,977 without the possibility of a job. It would make sense to train business managers for start ups.

Well obviously that isn't the core issue. You're just deflecting. Again it doesn't make a shit difference what I do. Me starting a company doesn't fix the poverty issue.

What's your brilliant solution to relieving poverty? You have no clue.

That's the equivalent of saying "me handing a starving person a burger doesn't make a shit difference". Of course it does. You're simply trying to absolve yourself from any responsibility.

What's your brilliant solution to relieving poverty?

Simple. It's a flawless blueprint:

The free market
Eliminate the bullshit liberal regulations & taxes designed to destroy businesses

Restore Constitutional government

Very much like the first item above this will generate opportunity
Warren Buffet famously stated "money flows towards opportunity"

Require grown adults to act like it
People are free in America to make their own choices - accept the results

Charity
The U.S. is by far and away the most generous, charitable nation in the world
Without the government devastating us (see one and two above) there will be even more money available for charity

But the truth is - you don't want to hear any of this because none of it includes control. It embraces liberty and choice - all of the things that the left wants to see eliminated.

Eh, so goes life, we're all Americans and let's just agree to pray for the republic.

I don't know what is more astounding here. The fact that we've found a liberal who doesn't denounce God and mock religion or a liberal that realizes we are a republic and not a democracy.

I salute you HJ. And I may have underestimated you.

..."Go to school! Learn new skills, you lazy asses!"

...then who would replace them to work in the service industry? How could those industries survive if so many of the workers make minimum wage?

Keep in mind we are including state minimum wages here - not just the federal one. Right now anyone making a state minimum wage is living in poverty. Working up to 40 hours a week Is not enough for these people to live financially stable lives.

42% of American workers make less than $15 per hour. What is your solution to helping these people out of poverty?

You people are full of bitching but you have no real solutions.

15 an hour is above the poverty line
Funny how when my wife and I were only making about 32K a year each we weren't starving. We both had cars and a place to live and we weren't on assistance

And if working 40 hours a week doesn't earn you enough to pay your bills then work more
Could it be that when you were making 32K a year it was the previous century?

Nope early 2000s
You must be a hill billy then.

Nope I lived about 45 minutes from Boston

It's not. where is heritage getting their numbers?

If you'd bothered to read the link Mark posted, you'd know exactly where they got their numbers.

OK, 92% of poor people have a microwave. They don't own them though. So, what's the point of bringing it up? Almost every tv today is high def, are we saying we get to hold poor people accountable for buying a 5 year old tv and count it just like we would a new one?

They own video game systems? Does an Atari 2600 count the same as a PS4? What if they owned these appliances before some catastrophic event like the death of the head of household?

None of this is taken into account, if the Heritage Foundation were even being honest in the first place and there is plenty of reason to not accept them as a source.

Where do you think they got their numbers from? That's right, the US Census.

Is your complaint here they don't have the newest most expensive things? Well guess what, neither do I, and I'm far from poverty.

A so-called poor person in our country lives in a larger home and with more amenities than your average working European. That's a fact. They are probably much fatter as well.

Maybe you should go shopping at my grocery store and see if what you say is true.

I see them all the time......buying food with food stamps, and then whip out a roll of cash for their beer, cigarettes, greeting cards, flowers, perfume, huge bags of dog food, multiple bags of cat litter.......

Then if you happen to see them out in the parking lot, the kind of vehicles these people drive is amazing. I wish I could afford vehicles like I've seen these food stamp people load their groceries and goods in.

Then if you happen to see them out in the parking lot, the kind of vehicles these people drive is amazing. I wish I could afford vehicles like I've seen these food stamp people load their groceries and goods in.

Quit your job and go on welfare. The good life is waiting for you.

Or are you just talking more Bullshit?

Hate to break it to you. Already in gear in Europe. Automation.

Whoopsies.

There should be a tax to do this called the guaranteed living wage tax. What this will do is pay everyone 1,000 to 1,500 bucks per month in order to survive. This would also end the need for food stamps, and other welfare but most importantly will make work no longer work or die.

So we kill two birds with one stone! I support automation in general as I don't believe work should be a do or die kind of thing and machines can do it far more efficiently! Just that we have to care about the humans when we're doing so.
Interesting as the slower thinkers dont seem to realize that industrial age thinking doesnt fit in the information age. They are still under the delusion that there is a job for everyone.
Certainly no delusion here. I checked this out last year. Job openings available in America 5,400,000 - Number of unemployed 25,435,977.

That's 20,035,977 without the possibility of a job. It would make sense to train business managers for start ups.

Where did you get this information?

That would be like 25% Unemployment

Forum List

Back