🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

Spot on.
Conservatives have been using the same talking points against MW for decades. If they held any water at all, they would have been easily proven already. It's just the usual noise.
It's been proven over and over. Look at the rate of teen unemployment. In the 1960s it tracked very closely with the general rate. Today it is three times the general rate. That isnt by accident.

It's never been proven that MW increases have any significant or long term affects on unemployment. Please post up the graph that shows the correlated increase in unemployment for every time the MW has been raised.

“The minimum wage in the city of Oakland played a factor, was one of the factors, they considered in closing the stores,” Oakland City Councilman Larry Reid told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Oakland’s Minimum Wage Is Up, Wal-Mart Is Out
You do realize that was Walmarts decision and not the results of a negative economic effect dont you? It was retaliation. From your link.

"“They wouldn’t go into any specific details in terms of their rationale for closing the store,” Reid told ABC 7 News. “But this store has been very successful for Wal-mart.”"
"Retaliation"? LOL!
  • Retaliation for what?
  • Who closes a successful business to "retaliate"? The would be cutting off their nose to spite their face
For Oakland city counsel considering raising the MW. Didnt you read your own link?

"Hundreds of Wal-Mart employees fasted this past November in protest for a $15 minimum wage, arguing that Wal-Mart employees do not make enough money to put food on the table.

Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, a Democrat, has been leading statewide efforts to raise the minimum wage to $15."

It's never been proven that MW increases have any significant or long term affects on unemployment. Please post up the graph that shows the correlated increase in unemployment for every time the MW has been raised.

Is over 62,000 jobs enough for you?

Oregon to Lose 62,700 Jobs Due to Minimum Wage Hike
A business leader huh? He sure sounds unbiased. :laugh:

Yeah. A business leader. Who else would you talk to about minimum wage increases - a religious leader? :lol:
Someone that didnt have something to lose by having the MW go up. A religious leader would be cool.

minimum-wage-vs-unemployment-rates-1950-jan-2013.png

Yeah. A business leader. Who else would you talk to about minimum wage increases - a religious leader? :lol:
Someone that didnt have something to lose by having the MW go up. A religious leader would be cool.
So you just proved that minimum wage costs jobs. It costs business leaders. You said it yourself. And they don't eat cost. So they either eliminate the job or pass the cost on to the consumer.

So you just proved that minimum wage costs jobs. It costs business leaders. You said it yourself. And they don't eat cost. So they either eliminate the job or pass the cost on to the consumer.
Nope. I proved businesses will cut jobs because they are greedy. The store was doing great.

Why would you talk to someone who isn't the expert on what effects the cost will have? If you don't own/run a business, you're not qualified to discuss what effect regulations, taxes, etc. will have on owning/running a business.

Why would you talk to someone who isn't the expert on what effects the cost will have? If you don't own/run a business, you're not qualified to discuss what effect regulations, taxes, etc. will have on owning/running a business.
I wouldnt talk to someone that wasnt an expert on the effects. Who told you that? You arent qualified to discuss potential costs if you have something to lose. Human nature dictates that you are going fudge the numbers in your favor.

Nope. I proved businesses will cut jobs because they are greedy. The store was doing great.
Ok. So assuming that bizarre liberal talking point were true - the result is still the same. Minimum wage goes up, so does unemployment. You seem to be under the impression that the reason somehow absolves the ultimate result. It does not. You continue to prove that I was right all along. In some ways, even better than I could have. Thank you.

Ok. I assuming that bizarre liberal talking point were true - the result is still the same. Minimum wage goes up, so does unemployment. You seem to be under the impression that the reason somehow absolves the ultimate result. It does not. You continue to prove that I was right all along. In some ways, even better than I could have. Thank you.
I wasnt arguing the result. I was arguing the cause. Not all companies react like that but a lot do. Most intelligent people understand its vitally important to determine the true reasons for any issue. I am a little embarrassed for you that you were not privy to that fact but looking back on your previous comments its not really surprising.

I wouldnt talk to someone that wasnt an expert on the effects. Who told you that? You arent qualified to discuss potential costs if you have something to lose. Human nature dictates that you are going fudge the numbers in your favor.
No, that's what liberals do. Normal people have something called integrity. And they simply tell it like it is. The fact that you believe so strongly in the "ends justifies the means" mentality shows who and what you are all about.

Furthermore, you can't talk to a liberal about the effects of the regulation/tax/etc. because they don't run businesses. You have to talk to business owners. Pretty simple really.

Ok. I assuming that bizarre liberal talking point were true - the result is still the same. Minimum wage goes up, so does unemployment. You seem to be under the impression that the reason somehow absolves the ultimate result. It does not. You continue to prove that I was right all along. In some ways, even better than I could have. Thank you.
I wasnt arguing the result. I was arguing the cause. Not all companies react like that but a lot do. Most intelligent people understand its vitally important to determine the true reasons for any issue. I am a little embarrassed for you that you were not privy to that fact but looking back on your previous comments its not really surprising.
We already knew the cause. The increase of minimum wage. Hence why no stores were closed or people laid off before the increase. :cuckoo:

You're starting to go off into that bizarre world again where you double-back and attempt to cover up what you already said. Things don't go well for you when you do that. Didn't you learn that from yesterday?

No, that's what liberals do. Normal people have something called integrity. And they simply tell it like it is. The fact that you believe so strongly in the "ends justifies the means" mentality shows who and what you are all about.

Furthermore, you can't talk to a liberal about the effects of the regulation/tax/etc. because they don't run businesses. You have to talk to business owners. Pretty simple really.
Was the Enron scandal done by liberals or conservatives?

Did this happen in a vacuum or were there other factors?
Exactly! Liberals like to believe that their policies occur in a vacuum. They can't seem to comprehend that business owners do not eat cost. They will pass the cost on to the consumer by raising prices (which means the minimum wage worker is no farther ahead than before their increase), or they will cut hours (which means the minimum wage worker is no farther ahead than before their increase), or they will eliminate jobs (which means the minimum wage worker is much worse off than before the increase).

Did this happen in a vacuum or were there other factors?
Exactly! Liberals like to believe that their policies occur in a vacuum. They can't seem to comprehend that business owners do not eat cost. They will pass the cost on to the consumer by raising prices (which means the minimum wage worker is no farther ahead than before their increase), or they will cut hours (which means the minimum wage worker is no farther ahead than before their increase), or they will eliminate jobs (which means the minimum wage worker is much worse off than before the increase).
Which is kinda shitty considering they can write off their wages as a tax deduction.

Was the Enron scandal done by liberals or conservatives?

I honestly do not know what political affiliation the executives at Enron had. I couldn't even tell you their names, much less their political affiliation. Why?

When there's no minimum wage corporations like Apple or a meat packers plant will pay as little as they can get away with. Look at Africa, south Asia and even china to see what corporations do when they get away from our regulations and minimum wage laws. History backs this up too and is why we have such laws.

Oh my word....the next time a liberal displays even the most rudimentary understanding of basic economics will be the first time that it has ever happened. Minimum wage is necessary because of basic supply and demand. The amount of labor exceeds the amount of jobs available and always will. Thus, supply and demand will cause compensation to spiral downwards under normal competition (I'll work for a dollar per day, but you have no job so you'll offer to work for $0.50 per day, and so on and so on). However, once minimum wage is established, jacking it up constantly (as libtards have done) have caused massive inflation.

It's stupid and it's completely unavoidable. Actions do not occur in a vacuum. Business owners do not eat cost. When you raise minimum wage, the business owner raises the costs of their goods and services to cover that increased labor cost. Since every business raised their wages (including even those that don't have minimum wage workers - simply in response to the chain reaction), the minimum wage worker is no further ahead than they were before their increase. But now you've f'ed over the economy royally with mass inflation. Morons.
Here agains we show the diffidence between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives just claim it wont work and never try anything. Liberals believe in implementing a solution and making it work through a process of refinement. Further proof you would still be grunting to communicate if not for liberals.

We can raise the minimum wage conditionally to see what happens. If its not a good thing then we can repeal the law or place a time limit on it.

Spot on.
Conservatives have been using the same talking points against MW for decades. If they held any water at all, they would have been easily proven already. It's just the usual noise.
It's been proven over and over. Look at the rate of teen unemployment. In the 1960s it tracked very closely with the general rate. Today it is three times the general rate. That isnt by accident.

minwage3.jpg

OK what do I win?

Your chart seems to show unemployment dropping when MW is higher and rising when in decline.

I suppose it could seem like that if you're dyslexic.
If you look at the period of 1967ish it looks like wages were high and unemployment was low.

Forum List

Back