🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

Then if you happen to see them out in the parking lot, the kind of vehicles these people drive is amazing. I wish I could afford vehicles like I've seen these food stamp people load their groceries and goods in.

Quit your job and go on welfare. The good life is waiting for you.

Or are you just talking more Bullshit?

images.jpg

This debate originality was about poor people having access to smart phones and whether they...(kind of guessing here) should still be considered poor if they have any electronic equipment at all,

With food stamps and welfare, nobody is truly "poor." And me? I own almost all the technology in this house, most of it I paid for before I quit work. That doesn't make me rich, nor does it make me poor.
Yes people with food stamps welfare etc are truly poor. Pretending they are not poor is silly.

Depends on what you consider poor does it not. A very subjective thing.
Who%20are%20poor_zpsrcz0pmtl.png

9 Facts About How the Poor in America Live
If you consider having a microwave a sign of wealth I dont know what to tell you.
If you consider someone owning a car a sign of wealth I feel for you especially if its just a $500 beater that may or may not function.
If you consider having a computer a sign of wealth especially one that doesnt work or barely works then you have issues.

The problem with your link is that its merely propaganda because it doesnt provide anything substantial nor address the scenarios I just brought up so yes I agree its subjective.

Hate to break it to you. Already in gear in Europe. Automation.

Whoopsies.

There should be a tax to do this called the guaranteed living wage tax. What this will do is pay everyone 1,000 to 1,500 bucks per month in order to survive. This would also end the need for food stamps, and other welfare but most importantly will make work no longer work or die.

So we kill two birds with one stone! I support automation in general as I don't believe work should be a do or die kind of thing and machines can do it far more efficiently! Just that we have to care about the humans when we're doing so.
Interesting as the slower thinkers dont seem to realize that industrial age thinking doesnt fit in the information age. They are still under the delusion that there is a job for everyone.
Certainly no delusion here. I checked this out last year. Job openings available in America 5,400,000 - Number of unemployed 25,435,977.

That's 20,035,977 without the possibility of a job. It would make sense to train business managers for start ups.
Thats low according to Trump. He said 93 million were out of work.

This debate originality was about poor people having access to smart phones and whether they...(kind of guessing here) should still be considered poor if they have any electronic equipment at all,

With food stamps and welfare, nobody is truly "poor." And me? I own almost all the technology in this house, most of it I paid for before I quit work. That doesn't make me rich, nor does it make me poor.
Yes people with food stamps welfare etc are truly poor. Pretending they are not poor is silly.

Depends on what you consider poor does it not. A very subjective thing.
Who%20are%20poor_zpsrcz0pmtl.png

9 Facts About How the Poor in America Live

Boom.
I see you came back after you claimed you were leaving. I am impressed I was able to yank your chain. Good boy.

Well duh.... Are you under the impression that is a shortage of demand in the world?!? :bang3:
Yeah because wages are low you doofus.
Billy you are the least informed poster here. And that's gotta be worth money somewhere.
Why do you claim wages are low? Low compared to what?
Um gee let's see. The cost of living? You know the variable that keeps rising as wages remain flat?
Proof? Anything other than "I heard it somewhere"? Because people seem to have no trouble affording cell phones, TVs, apartments and otehr stuff.
You don't even know the actual poverty stats you goon. You saying something as stupid as "oh well people have TVs" isn't the scope of poverty. If the min wage is to he kept up with inflation, it would have to be 23 per hour. The last time someone could adequately live off 10 per hour was the fucking 50s. How could you be so dumb to not understand the cost of living?
No one was meant to live off min wage, Billy. Not even you.
Do you think if you raise the min wage to $23/hr the same people making 8/hr today will be making 23/hr afterwards?

The republican solution is to end the minimum wage which will allow corporate America to pay pennies to our workers as they do in africa or asia.

Who in the United States is going to work for pennies?

When there's no minimum wage corporations like Apple or a meat packers plant will pay as little as they can get away with. Look at Africa, south Asia and even china to see what corporations do when they get away from our regulations and minimum wage laws. History backs this up too and is why we have such laws.

Oh my word....the next time a liberal displays even the most rudimentary understanding of basic economics will be the first time that it has ever happened. Minimum wage is necessary because of basic supply and demand. The amount of labor exceeds the amount of jobs available and always will. Thus, supply and demand will cause compensation to spiral downwards under normal competition (I'll work for a dollar per day, but you have no job so you'll offer to work for $0.50 per day, and so on and so on). However, once minimum wage is established, jacking it up constantly (as libtards have done) have caused massive inflation.

It's stupid and it's completely unavoidable. Actions do not occur in a vacuum. Business owners do not eat cost. When you raise minimum wage, the business owner raises the costs of their goods and services to cover that increased labor cost. Since every business raised their wages (including even those that don't have minimum wage workers - simply in response to the chain reaction), the minimum wage worker is no further ahead than they were before their increase. But now you've f'ed over the economy royally with mass inflation. Morons.
Here agains we show the diffidence between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives just claim it wont work and never try anything. Liberals believe in implementing a solution and making it work through a process of refinement. Further proof you would still be grunting to communicate if not for liberals.

We can raise the minimum wage conditionally to see what happens. If its not a good thing then we can repeal the law or place a time limit on it.

Spot on.
Conservatives have been using the same talking points against MW for decades. If they held any water at all, they would have been easily proven already. It's just the usual noise.

The republican solution is to end the minimum wage which will allow corporate America to pay pennies to our workers as they do in africa or asia.

When there's no minimum wage corporations like Apple or a meat packers plant will pay as little as they can get away with. Look at Africa, south Asia and even china to see what corporations do when they get away from our regulations and minimum wage laws. History backs this up too and is why we have such laws.

Oh my word....the next time a liberal displays even the most rudimentary understanding of basic economics will be the first time that it has ever happened. Minimum wage is necessary because of basic supply and demand. The amount of labor exceeds the amount of jobs available and always will. Thus, supply and demand will cause compensation to spiral downwards under normal competition (I'll work for a dollar per day, but you have no job so you'll offer to work for $0.50 per day, and so on and so on). However, once minimum wage is established, jacking it up constantly (as libtards have done) have caused massive inflation.

It's stupid and it's completely unavoidable. Actions do not occur in a vacuum. Business owners do not eat cost. When you raise minimum wage, the business owner raises the costs of their goods and services to cover that increased labor cost. Since every business raised their wages (including even those that don't have minimum wage workers - simply in response to the chain reaction), the minimum wage worker is no further ahead than they were before their increase. But now you've f'ed over the economy royally with mass inflation. Morons.
Here agains we show the diffidence between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives just claim it wont work and never try anything. Liberals believe in implementing a solution and making it work through a process of refinement. Further proof you would still be grunting to communicate if not for liberals.

We can raise the minimum wage conditionally to see what happens. If its not a good thing then we can repeal the law or place a time limit on it.

Spot on.
Conservatives have been using the same talking points against MW for decades. If they held any water at all, they would have been easily proven already. It's just the usual noise.
It's been proven over and over. Look at the rate of teen unemployment. In the 1960s it tracked very closely with the general rate. Today it is three times the general rate. That isnt by accident.

Spot on.
It's been proven over and over. Look at the rate of teen unemployment. In the 1960s it tracked very closely with the general rate. Today it is three times the general rate. That isnt by accident.

It's never been proven that MW increases have any significant or long term affects on unemployment. Please post up the graph that shows the correlated increase in unemployment for every time the MW has been raised.

Spot on.

It's never been proven that MW increases have any significant or long term affects on unemployment. Please post up the graph that shows the correlated increase in unemployment for every time the MW has been raised.
I'm going to wager there will be significant deflection to your post.

Spot on.

“The minimum wage in the city of Oakland played a factor, was one of the factors, they considered in closing the stores,” Oakland City Councilman Larry Reid told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Oakland’s Minimum Wage Is Up, Wal-Mart Is Out

Wow....from California, to Oregon, to New York. Seems liberal policy doesn't not discriminate. It equally destroys business in any state across the nation.

New York’s $15 Minimum Wage: ‘Too Much, Too Fast?’

Spot on.

“The minimum wage in the city of Oakland played a factor, was one of the factors, they considered in closing the stores,” Oakland City Councilman Larry Reid told the San Francisco Chronicle.

No graph huh.

Spot on.

You do realize that was Walmarts decision and not the results of a negative economic effect dont you? It was retaliation. From your link.

"“They wouldn’t go into any specific details in terms of their rationale for closing the store,” Reid told ABC 7 News. “But this store has been very successful for Wal-mart.”"

Spot on.

You do realize that was Walmarts decision and not the results of a negative economic effect dont you? It was retaliation. From your link.

"“They wouldn’t go into any specific details in terms of their rationale for closing the store,” Reid told ABC 7 News. “But this store has been very successful for Wal-mart.”"
"Retaliation"? LOL!
  • Retaliation for what?
  • Who closes a successful business to "retaliate"? The would be cutting off their nose to spite their face

Is over 62,000 jobs enough for you?

Oregon to Lose 62,700 Jobs Due to Minimum Wage Hike
A business leader huh? He sure sounds unbiased. :laugh:

Yeah. A business leader. Who else would you talk to about minimum wage increases - a religious leader? :lol:

29 states and DC have a minimum wage higher than the federal minimum. More than half. We have seen the unemployment rate steadily drop. Not increase.

Forum List

Back