🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

People don't purchase debt. They purchase debt plus the expected interest payment stream adjusted for risk - which means it's an asset, not a liability.

The only exception is when a company acquires the stock (assets plus liabilities) of another company.
Please explain how people dont purchase debt when you just said they do purchase debt plus the expected interest payment? Are you under the impression that all debt is not an asset?

I just did. Purchased somebody who purchases a loan is buying an asset. The debt is still held and being paid off by someone else.
How does one purchase a loan without buying a debt? You do realize thats the same thing right?

*sigh* when one purchases a loan, one doesn't owe any one else a debt payment. One owns an asset for which the debt holder owes principle and interest payment.

When one buys a loan, own owns an ASSET. Debts are LIABILITIES. It's is rather unusual to buy a LIABILITY without any assets to offset the obligation.

Please, learn some financial principles.
No dummy all debts are not liabilities. If you want to think so then have at it.

Assets are EVERYTHING a company OWNS.

Liabilities are EVERYTHING a company OWES.

Liabilities plus Assets equals Equity

There are NO other choices. Whew, good you aren't self-employed.

Trying to be nice but don't shit on people who give to charities because you have some fucked up political axe to grind against the poor.

Stop.

I have no vendetta against the poor. Where in this thread have I ever suggested such a thing?
When you suggested having internet access at home was not more advantageous than having to travel to the library, bar, star bucks etc.

Oh, shit, was he one of them? And I just gave him a pass?

What kind of stupid "logic" is that?!? Every job created makes a difference. And if all of your pals who are whining did it as well, then that 14% would be 0%.

Of course, a business model which pays minimum wage positions $90,000 a year won't stay in business and those people will soon go from low-wage jobs to no-wage jobs, but hey - it will be a great learning experience for all of you liberals anyway.
You're so dumb dude. NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT A MIN WAGE THAT HIGH.
OMG....stop trying to get out of the point of the matter by focusing on hypotheticals. Pick your magic number 000. What is it? What is your magic number? Tell us right here and now....
It needs to be raised gradually up to $12 per hour in the next few years. From there 15. The cost of living standard should make it $23 per hour but that's far from a reality. The truth is that this gradual raise should have started years ago.
Ok....so....returning to the heart of the subject.....why don't you start providing people with jobs that pay no less than $12 per hour?
Well obviously that isn't the core issue. You're just deflecting. Again it doesn't make a shit difference what I do. Me starting a company doesn't fix the poverty issue.

What's your brilliant solution to relieving poverty? You have no clue.

The sad fact of the matter is that poverty can only be relieved so much. Considering American citizens, living below the poverty line, have a higher standard of living is ignored by Progressives.

How is the poverty line determined?

This debate originality was about poor people having access to smart phones and whether they...(kind of guessing here) should still be considered poor if they have any electronic equipment at all,

With food stamps and welfare, nobody is truly "poor." And me? I own almost all the technology in this house, most of it I paid for before I quit work. That doesn't make me rich, nor does it make me poor. I have a smartphone, I have this PC and a printer, I have a Blu-Ray and DVD player. I have my own widescreen TV and at least 70 movies on the DVD/Blu-Ray rack.

None of that warrants the assumption that I'm not poor, nor does it warrant an assumption that I am rich. I guess what I'm saying is that any poor person can get their hands on any type of consumer technology.

Last edited:
Trying to be nice but don't shit on people who give to charities because you have some fucked up political axe to grind against the poor.

Stop.

I have no vendetta against the poor. Where in this thread have I ever suggested such a thing?
When you suggested having internet access at home was not more advantageous than having to travel to the library, bar, star bucks etc.

Oh, shit, was he one of them? And I just gave him a pass?
Even though I said nothing about checking out a book.

That having 24 hour access to information in your home is an advantage to having to ride the bus or walk to a library that is not 24 hours.

LOL. You just made Centinel's point. The whole idea of checking out a book at the library is having access to the desired information for 24 hours or more. You can even extend the time you borrow the book!

Any time you have access to information, anywhere, for any length of time is an advantage by itself.

That having 24 hour access to information in your home is an advantage to having to ride the bus or walk to a library that is not 24 hours.

Anyone who wants to can go to their local library, starbucks, or brewpub and have internet access.
Children cannot go in a brew pub and no library is open 24 hours a day. Even it they were open 24 hours a day a child should be at home instead of the library at night.

The school doesn't have computer access?

I've seen your posts, you're cool with me, politically we are not going to agree on anything, but let's not have a pissing match on who gives more

Perhaps I misjudged you. I'm glad you recognize that.

I'm about as liberal as you can get...though for some reason I'm not supporting Sanders.

We can pretend to have a kumbaya moment over this, but according to you, Hillary is the protector of a serial rapist and I think Donald Trump is evil incarnate and we'll rip each other open over it at the next possible opportunity. Eh, so goes life, we're all Americans and let's just agree to pray for the republic.

Anyone who wants to can go to their local library, starbucks, or brewpub and have internet access.
Children cannot go in a brew pub and no library is open 24 hours a day. Even it they were open 24 hours a day a child should be at home instead of the library at night.

The school doesn't have computer access?
What school? and what school has 24 hour computer access?

This debate originality was about poor people having access to smart phones and whether they...(kind of guessing here) should still be considered poor if they have any electronic equipment at all,

With food stamps and welfare, nobody is truly "poor." And me? I own almost all the technology in this house, most of it I paid for before I quit work. That doesn't make me rich, nor does it make me poor.
Yes people with food stamps welfare etc are truly poor. Pretending they are not poor is silly.

We can pretend to have a kumbaya moment over this, but according to you, Hillary is the protector of a serial rapist and I think Donald Trump is evil incarnate and we'll rip each other open over it at the next possible opportunity.

Naw. I'm getting tired of discussing this election. I would say "let sleeping dogs lie" but they're all awake, and it's better to leave them alone anyway. One thing you wont find me doing is holding a grudge with someone over their points of view.

We can pretend to have a kumbaya moment over this, but according to you, Hillary is the protector of a serial rapist and I think Donald Trump is evil incarnate and we'll rip each other open over it at the next possible opportunity.

Naw. I'm getting tired of discussing this election. I would say "let sleeping dogs lie" but they're all awake, and it's better to leave them alone anyway. One thing you wont find me doing is holding a grudge with someone over their points of view.

You're a better man than me :bow2:

Yes people with food stamps welfare etc are truly poor

No they aren't. How can you be poor if you're using those food stamps and welfare money to buy all sorts of frivolous things? That sounds like living high off the hawg (yes hawg) to me.

You're a better man than me :bow2:

Men. I'm so fat I count as more than one. There's my bad half, good half, and hungry half.

Yes people with food stamps welfare etc are truly poor

No they aren't. How can you be poor if you're using those food stamps and welfare money to buy all sorts of frivolous things? That sounds like living high off the hawg (yes hawg) to me.
Can you prove all people on food stamps and welfare

1. are buying all sorts of frivolous things?

2. do not have another source of unreported income?

1. are buying all sorts of frivolous things?

Does this count?

Lingerie store accepts EBT card

2. do not have another source of unreported income?

If you have an income period. If that income is sufficient to keep you out of poverty, you aren't poor.
No it doesnt count. Not everyone buys lingerie using an EBT card.

That goes without saying. The question was could you guarantee the people cheating the system didnt have another source of unreported income?

The question was could you guarantee the people cheating the system didnt have another source of unreported income?

They don't need one if they're being paid by the government. So, if the income you receive from the government is sufficient enough to keep you out of poverty, you are not poor.

As much as I would like to continue this discussion, I've got other things to do, like getting ready for bed.

Later.

Forum List

Back