🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey cons: if your solution to the min wage issue is to tell those people...

I give to groups that support animals

We're talking about people here, genius.

I told you 3 types of charities I give to, why do you feel the need to lie about my post?
I think Rottweiler bit him and gave him da lying rabies.

I think Joy bit you and gave you an advanced case of liberalism.
I was proudly born liberal.

lib·er·al
ˈlib(ə)rəl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.
    "they have more liberal views toward marriage and divorce than some people"

People in financial crisis does not count? Let me put it another way. Poor people.

No. They don't. Direct aid is person to person, building houses for the poor, participating in food kitchens, giving people the clothes off your back. Not donating to a random charity. Emphasis on direct.

Ohhhhhh, I see, you don't understand how charity works.

I'm more used to taking time out of my life to help people. They say time is money. I agree.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I would call that being neighborly and something we should all try to live up to and not something I would describe as charity, just being human.

Reputable charities have made inroads that I wouldn't on my own and can target donations to those most in need and be there when geographically the individual can't, be it due to a natural disaster or an economically impacted zone.

Trying to be nice but don't shit on people who give to charities because you have some fucked up political axe to grind against the poor. Don't be a Rottweiler, aim higher.

I'm more used to taking time out of my life to help people. They say time is money. I agree. Passively donating money to a charity that may or may not reach the people I'm helping is not an acceptable form of aid.
I sure no one cares what you consider acceptable. I'm pretty certain all those charities that ask for monetary donations dont think the same way as you do. Of course spending quality time is always a good thing but dont pretend people that donate money are somehow not acceptable.

Reputable charities have made inroads that I wouldn't on my own and can target donations to those most in need and be there when geographically the individual can't, be it due to a natural disaster or an economically impacted zone.

Donating money to charities I know will get it to where it needs to be is one thing. Donating to a random charity I know zero about is another. That's like giving a drunkard 20 bucks and hoping he doesn't buy more drinks with it.

Trying to be nice but don't shit on people who give to charities because you have some fucked up political axe to grind against the poor.

Stop.

I have no vendetta against the poor. Where in this thread have I ever suggested such a thing?
When you suggested having internet access at home was not more advantageous than having to travel to the library, bar, star bucks etc.

Donating money to charities I know will get it to where it needs to be is one thing. Donating to a random charity I know zero about is another. That's like giving a drunkard 20 bucks and hoping he doesn't buy more drinks with it.
Who said anything about random charities?

When you suggested having internet access at home was not more advantageous than having to travel to the library, bar, star bucks etc.

And that somehow comes across to you as "TK hates the poor"? Do you like putting words in people's mouths?

Information is valuable, no matter the method through which it is attained.

Trying to be nice but don't shit on people who give to charities because you have some fucked up political axe to grind against the poor.

Stop.

I have no vendetta against the poor. Where in this thread have I ever suggested such a thing?

Where did I say you did?

I've seen your posts, you're cool with me, politically we are not going to agree on anything, but let's not have a pissing match on who gives more.

This debate originality was about poor people having access to smart phones and whether they...(kind of guessing here) should still be considered poor if they have any electronic equipment at all, because of the 1950s or whatever and then secondly the advantages technology give people, compared to say taking the bus to the library, there is a significant disadvantage. What should if anything be done about it is one conversation but to ignore the disadvantage in the first place is lubricious. .

That was the conversation, Rott and the poor kd on the porch (I don't remember the posters name) seem to think hours a week on the bus for access to information the rest of us take for granted in the palm of our hands is of no consequence.

Because it wouldn't make a piss difference if i did. 14% of the nation lives in poverty. We have the worst child poverty in the developed world.
What kind of stupid "logic" is that?!? Every job created makes a difference. And if all of your pals who are whining did it as well, then that 14% would be 0%.

Of course, a business model which pays minimum wage positions $90,000 a year won't stay in business and those people will soon go from low-wage jobs to no-wage jobs, but hey - it will be a great learning experience for all of you liberals anyway.
You're so dumb dude. NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT A MIN WAGE THAT HIGH.
OMG....stop trying to get out of the point of the matter by focusing on hypotheticals. Pick your magic number 000. What is it? What is your magic number? Tell us right here and now....
It needs to be raised gradually up to $12 per hour in the next few years. From there 15. The cost of living standard should make it $23 per hour but that's far from a reality. The truth is that this gradual raise should have started years ago.
Ok....so....returning to the heart of the subject.....why don't you start providing people with jobs that pay no less than $12 per hour?
Well obviously that isn't the core issue. You're just deflecting. Again it doesn't make a shit difference what I do. Me starting a company doesn't fix the poverty issue.

What's your brilliant solution to relieving poverty? You have no clue.

Research is prudent.

Forum List

Back