Hey! Famous People! How about trying this for a change?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
Instead of wading into the morass of Racial/Political sludge taking over the country, how about you just say this?

" I am paid to ________ (sing, dance, throw a ball, act, etc.) and I work very hard to do that well. I respectfully decline to comment on current events and leave that to the people whom we elected to lead us. "

Instead of wading into the morass of Racial/Political sludge taking over the country, how about you just say this?

" I am paid to ________ (sing, dance, throw a ball, act, etc.) and I work very hard to do that well. I respectfully decline to comment on current events and leave that to the people whom we elected to lead us. "
Politics gets them noticed.
A B actor got a good paying gig and starring role in the new Hellboy movie by mouthing off about Trump at an awards show.

I only catch such comments if I'm in the car and listening to a sports talks show. If I'm annoyed by it I find it rather easy to switch stations. For sure I would stay tuned if the famous person was Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald. The guy is a renaissance man who is widely admired around here even by those without any interest in football.

Thread reminded me of this old interview.

He was also asked about his views on women's liberation but I couldn't find that clip.

But his response is found in the full interview here at the 7:35 mark. Kind of humorous.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back