Hi. I am Dawn!

0e2e6423-9758-4c60-8cdf-5aef2a672449_1.e2fdab1371deb1df09c874d182884421.jpeg

In my late 30’s I escaped from CA and landed here.

Welcome Dawn. You seem civil. This board needs a civil lefty.

It would be an interesting thread you could start about escaping CA as a lefty. Did the results of lefty policies drive the escape? We're seeing that a lot here in Texas. Lots of Californians and New Yorker's are invading.

Again welcome. You live in a beautiful part of the country with friendly people and great BBQ.

I left CA because it cost a few hundred dollars to register a car.
Here, it costs under $70- depending on if we have wheel taxes or not.
Property taxes on 3/4 of an acre were over $3000. Now I own 9.75 acres with taxes less than $400.

when I left CA I was a conservative republican. (???)

Probably not worthy of a thread- it’s all I have.

Oh and

There were a lot of beautiful places to see in California. But you had to take the day off and drive in traffic to go see them.

Where I live now... I see beautiful stuff every day.
409D7F0E-AF7C-4CF6-BC5F-AF8C03D006FD.jpeg
1C4BF592-7608-4BAE-B206-1AAC60AE4A77.jpeg

I could never leave this beautiful place.
I also could never afford to go back to CA.
I have 2 uncles who live in San Diego. I used to envy them back in the days when "Californie is the place you ought to be" of course those days are long gone.

I never met any of that 3 hour tour.

I did meet a monkee. He was a mean jerk.
Sheraton Radisson Hotel 1990.

It was the late 1980s...

I was a naive teen.
I went to work during a hot summer - it was something like “Kennel to the Stars”.
I was introduced to the Mighty Dog and Morris the cat (number nine?).

My job was to clean about 100 dog kennels and cat cages.
8 Hours later I went to get the boss to show him all I had cleaned. I had cleaned them all!

He shows me that the first 20 kennels or so had repooped.
At that point I realized it was a never ending event of pooping and cleaning and pooping and cleaning.

I waited until the big boss went back into his office and I ran to my car and escaped. I never got paid for that day. I think I worked for about 10 hours for free.

It was the late 1980s...

I was a naive teen.
I went to work during a hot summer - it was something like “Kennel to the Stars”.
I was introduced to the Mighty Dog and Morris the cat (number nine?).

My job was to clean about 100 dog kennels and cat cages.
8 Hours later I went to get the boss to show him all I had cleaned. I had cleaned them all!

He shows me that the first 20 kennels or so had repooped.
At that point I realized it was a never ending event of pooping and cleaning and pooping and cleaning.

I waited until the big boss went back into his office and I ran to my car and escaped. I never got paid for that day. I think I worked for about 10 hours for free.
Boy that stinks to high heaven.

I’m not new to boards, but I am new to this board.

I live in Tennessee.
I’m 52.
I have two dogs.

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
Just kidding. I always wanted to say that.

You can ask me anything!

~Dawn
Dawn. I have to confess to you. I have always been a Ginger kind of guy. Not that I would kick Maryann out of bed for making crumbs though.

Forum List

Back