High Schooler Recieves Felony For Having Fishing Knife In Tackle Box In Car On Campus

What a insane action to give this young white kid a felony for having a fishing knife in a tackle box. I used to carry a knife in my tackle box on school campus back when I was in high school if I was going fishing immediately after school. I even carried my shotgun on the gun rack in the vehicle and nothing was ever said. The cops are going overboard with this and need to tone it down. How disgusting! This kid needs a good lawyer.

Georgia cops hand out felonies to high schoolers for having a pocket knives locked in cars | Police State USA

MARIETTA, GA — A high school senior is facing felony charges after police searched his car in the parking lot of his school and found a tackle box with some fishing knives in it. The young man could now be sent to prison for 10 years if convicted.

Cody Chitwood, age 17, was pulled out of class at Lassiter High School on September 17th, and told, “You’re going to be in a lot of trouble,” by police and school administrators.

Outside the building, the Cobb County Sheriff’s Department had been combing the parking lot with dogs looking for reasons to arrest students. Performing random sniff-searches of the vehicles in the lot, one police K9 made a signal on Chitwood’s car.

The dog had smelled a firecracker that had been left over from “Independence” Day, two months earlier. Regardless that it is not criminal to have a firecracker laying under your seat, this sniff gave police the excuse they needed to perform an exhaustive search of his personal vehicle.

As deputies rummaged through his property, they found some fishing gear and a tackle box. In it they found — what else — basic tools for fishing, including a fillet knife and a few other utility knives that serve all sorts of useful purposes to a country boy in Georgia. A total of 4 knives were taken from his car.
So if that kid wasnt white, this would be fine?

Damn, your an asshole. You do realize this dont you?

Negged!
So you agree, saying this kid was white and that is why its wrong is ok with you as well?

Ashhole.

Neg that and invite your racist friends to join you.

What a insane action to give this young white kid a felony for having a fishing knife in a tackle box. .

The decision is another example of the idiocy that results when bureaucratic cowards are afraid to use common sense.

But what the hell does mentioning that the kid was 'white' have to do with anything?

Cuz if it was li'l Trayvon he would never have been charged. Remember? He wasn't charged for his crimes at school.

By the way USMB, [MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] is the reason I turned off my rep all together. YOu see, what she does is use hers as a threat to people and a weapon. She dared me, I did it and its freaking fantastic how she cant use it any more with me. She abused the hell out of it.

Ahhhhhh.

By the way USMB, [MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] is the reason I turned off my rep all together. YOu see, what she does is use hers as a threat to people and a weapon. She dared me, I did it and its freaking fantastic how she cant use it any more with me. She abused the hell out of it.

Ahhhhhh.

You idiot. That is a lie and everyone knows it. People who abuse the rep system do not get to use it. YOU abused it and got yours turned off!

What a insane action to give this young white kid a felony for having a fishing knife in a tackle box. I used to carry a knife in my tackle box on school campus back when I was in high school if I was going fishing immediately after school. I even carried my shotgun on the gun rack in the vehicle and nothing was ever said. The cops are going overboard with this and need to tone it down. How disgusting! This kid needs a good lawyer.

Georgia cops hand out felonies to high schoolers for having a pocket knives locked in cars | Police State USA

MARIETTA, GA — A high school senior is facing felony charges after police searched his car in the parking lot of his school and found a tackle box with some fishing knives in it. The young man could now be sent to prison for 10 years if convicted.

Cody Chitwood, age 17, was pulled out of class at Lassiter High School on September 17th, and told, “You’re going to be in a lot of trouble,” by police and school administrators.

Outside the building, the Cobb County Sheriff’s Department had been combing the parking lot with dogs looking for reasons to arrest students. Performing random sniff-searches of the vehicles in the lot, one police K9 made a signal on Chitwood’s car.

The dog had smelled a firecracker that had been left over from “Independence” Day, two months earlier. Regardless that it is not criminal to have a firecracker laying under your seat, this sniff gave police the excuse they needed to perform an exhaustive search of his personal vehicle.

As deputies rummaged through his property, they found some fishing gear and a tackle box. In it they found — what else — basic tools for fishing, including a fillet knife and a few other utility knives that serve all sorts of useful purposes to a country boy in Georgia. A total of 4 knives were taken from his car.

Negged!

That's weird, because TNHarley said the same thing. So did I. HarryDresden thanked it.

I don't think any of us got negged. Harley? Harry?

:lol:

The reason why you hate 'pigs' is the reason why we need 'pigs'.

So let's for a moment revert back to the days of that huge waste of time known as Occupy Wall Street.
As most people know, use of tobacco products in ANY public park in the 5 boroughs of NYC is illegal. It is a Class E misdemeanor punishable by a fine and in the case of a habitual offender, possible jail time.
Now, let's suppose the police decided to bust every smoker in Zucotti Park during the months long occupation....
They are breaking the law. They 'deserve' their punishment, correct? Throw the bastards in jail, right? Ignorance of the law is no excuse, correct?
What say you?

So nobody received a citation?

None reported. That's the point. So should they have been cited and fined?
Just answer the question without answering a question with a dodge question.
Try being honest...for once.
You know in your heart of hearts you'd be supportive of the OWS people if they were being fined for smoking in a public park. You'd refer to it as harassment.

Ahhhhhh.

Weak little chickenshit.

Negged!

That's weird, because TNHarley said the same thing. So did I. HarryDresden thanked it.

@TNHarley said I am an asshole? And [MENTION=16291]Harry Dresden[/MENTION] thanked it?

I think you better go back and read again.

Why is it always about "white' with you? Jesus Christ, CATCH UP
It would be a bad thing for "any" young kid

So let's for a moment revert back to the days of that huge waste of time known as Occupy Wall Street.
As most people know, use of tobacco products in ANY public park in the 5 boroughs of NYC is illegal. It is a Class E misdemeanor punishable by a fine and in the case of a habitual offender, possible jail time.
Now, let's suppose the police decided to bust every smoker in Zucotti Park during the months long occupation....
They are breaking the law. They 'deserve' their punishment, correct? Throw the bastards in jail, right? Ignorance of the law is no excuse, correct?
What say you?

So nobody received a citation?

None reported. That's the point. So should they have been cited and fined?
Just answer the question without answering a question with a dodge question.
Try being honest...for once.
You know in your heart of hearts you'd be supportive of the OWS people if they were being fined for smoking in a public park. You'd refer to it as harassment.

Why are you trying to compare a law (smoking) based on social stigma, versus a law written for safety. Kinda apples vs. oranges.

But to answer your question; The occupy wall street was stupid. Why should one protest when the facts are already known?

Should citations have been written? YES.

what does his race has to do with all of this?

personally I thought he was black, since it is Georgia and the idiocy is extreme - even not being specifically brainwashed in that direction I, obviously, have a bias against the South :lol:

personally I thought he was black, since it is Georgia and the idiocy is extreme - even not being specifically brainwashed in that direction I, obviously, have a bias against the South :lol:

As you should. Paula Dean if from there, isn't she?

With all the school shootings nowadays, how can anyone be surprised at the hyper-senstive environment in schools regarding weapons? If we want to really get down to where the bottom line reason for this kind of law comes from, it is the way pro-gun people interpret the right to bear arms, so that any numskull with an an attitude or mental problem can get a hold of a powerful weapon, walk into a school, and blow away half a dozen or more kids and teachers. That's the reason things have gotten to the point where the police enter school parking lots and randomly search student cars for weapons. Duh!

without search warrants?

and all your diatribe is a stupid rant, since we all have yet to see a knife to be able to shoot.

personally I thought he was black, since it is Georgia and the idiocy is extreme - even not being specifically brainwashed in that direction I, obviously, have a bias against the South:lol:

No, I should not. Paula Dean is not a policeman searching a child's car without a warrant.

That is whom you have to have fear of - those and the ones ALLOWING it.

Who needs a search warrant when a dog can provide probable cause? Sure anything the dog does or doesn't do is a message to the handler, but it's a foolproof system and anyone who disagrees is probably a racist, drug-smuggling, pedophile who has something to hide. :eusa_whistle:

@TNHarley said I am an asshole? And [MENTION=16291]Harry Dresden[/MENTION] thanked it?

I think you better go back and read again.

Why is it always about "white' with you? Jesus Christ, CATCH UP
It would be a bad thing for "any" young kid

Ah, deflection! I know this game, it's fun.

No, that refers to post 58, not 62.

Know what -- Vox just said the same thing in 71. And know what else? Vox is right. Surely she must be negged. Know what else? If you do I'll make it up.

Last edited:
A general question - directed to ACLU mostly, but to anybody wanting to discuss.

Why the heck this tyranny of idiotic "zero-tolerance" rules ( not even LAWS!!!) has not been challenged in courts?
This is happening all over the country - the kid gets arrested at pointing a finger in a gun-fashion because of the "zero-tolerance" and all other similar gestapo-type treatment of the kids and teenagers - this is the violation AT LEAST of 3 Amendments - right there.

I would support such an effort financially, should anybody ever finally decide to challenge this in court.

ANYWHERE.

better yet - all over the country.

Last edited:

personally I thought he was black, since it is Georgia and the idiocy is extreme - even not being specifically brainwashed in that direction I, obviously, have a bias against the South:lol:

No, I should not. Paula Dean is not a policeman searching a child's car without a warrant.

That is whom you have to have fear of - those and the ones ALLOWING it.

But she is a racist from the south. Those that use the words, are the word.

A child? WOW!

Wasn't the car on school property?

Forum List

Back