Highways Need a Higher Gas Tax

Gas taxes are earmarked for the highway fund. Your argument fails.

That's a good one, you put a smile on my face.

If the gas taxes were used where they were supposed to be used we wouldn't have this thread because there would be enough revenue.

the so called Post Master General and then Senator Cantor had a plan.....to offset deficit spending to keep the highway trust fund solvent by mandating the end to Saturday delivery and using the money saved there for highway maintenance... instead of letting the PO use that money to help with their problems....and this guy is the PMG?.....

If the gas taxes were used where they were supposed to be used we wouldn't have this thread because there would be enough revenue.

Revenue from gas taxes has dropped due to more fuel efficient vehicles and less miles being driven by private vehicle owners, no tax hike has been implemented offset this downward trend.

Libs have always dreamed of $5 gas, but since we are getting there, they now want it much higher.

In their minds, the higher it gets, the less we drive, the more we walk, bicycle, and take mass transit.

They hate suburbia, and rural areas. They want us all living in large urban areas in walking distance to all services. This has always been their master plan.

the so called Post Master General and then Senator Cantor had a plan.....to offset deficit spending to keep the highway trust fund solvent by mandating the end to Saturday delivery and using the money saved there for highway maintenance.
I'll bet they could save even MORE money if they only delivered one day a week! :lol:

Higher gas tax?!?!? At the start of 2002, I recall paying 99 cents a gallon for gas. Now, 12 years later the price is over 3 bucks. How could anyone justify needing a higher gas tax when gas is $3.50/gallon, but not when it was 99 cents/gallon?

Revenue from gas taxes has dropped due to more fuel efficient vehicles and less miles being driven by private vehicle owners, no tax hike has been implemented offset this downward trend.

And? There are more vehicles on the road than ever before.:eusa_shhh:

Higher gas tax?!?!? At the start of 2002, I recall paying 99 cents a gallon for gas. Now, 12 years later the price is over 3 bucks. How could anyone justify needing a higher gas tax when gas is $3.50/gallon, but not when it was 99 cents/gallon?

18.3(?) Cents in fed taxes has been steady for that long

the so called Post Master General and then Senator Cantor had a plan.....to offset deficit spending to keep the highway trust fund solvent by mandating the end to Saturday delivery and using the money saved there for highway maintenance... instead of letting the PO use that money to help with their problems....and this guy is the PMG?.....

Postal logic, Harry. PMG must be a obama lap dog.

Yep, it's been steady for over 20 years. With the higher revenues from higher gas prices, oil companies pay higher taxes to the feds, meaning the feds have more to invest in highway funds. Gas taxes should be going down instead of up!

Libs have always dreamed of $5 gas, but since we are getting there, they now want it much higher.

In their minds, the higher it gets, the less we drive, the more we walk, bicycle, and take mass transit.

They hate suburbia, and rural areas. They want us all living in large urban areas in walking distance to all services. This has always been their master plan.

Your Rightwing programming has definitely integrated itself into what used to be your brain.

I'm a Liberal and I want the teabaggers holding the House hostage to eliminate Wall Street speculation on oil, which would bring the price of a gallon of gas down 40-80 cents.

I also want them to put a cap on exports of refined gas, which would bring the price down.

Why won't the House Republicans do anything to lower the price of gas, teabagger?

Sometime in the 2000s Georgia raised their gas tax by 30 cents a gallon.

I'm sure it's Obama's fault.

Yep, it's been steady for over 20 years. With the higher revenues from higher gas prices, oil companies pay higher taxes to the feds, meaning the feds have more to invest in highway funds. Gas taxes should be going down instead of up!

Oil companies don't receive gas taxes, dope.

The hell wth more gas taxes...Tax the bloated rich and oil companies their fair share, and pass an infrastructure/jobs act. After 30 year of give the rich and corporations and investment in the country a pass, our roads and bridges, ports, railroads and airports are a mess...

Marxist dimwits are like chatty cathy dolls... Pull the string and the same moronic phrases tumble out....tax the rich, tax the evil corporations, get our fair share !!!!

People before profits ! Social justicefor all comrades !!

Forum List

Back