History Quiz

close...

I think I may have screwed up here...

I have done business in Malaysia for over a decade, and I have been told the story hundreds of times about the 1969 riots and how over 10,000 ethnic Chinese were killed. Yet, if you do a search on this, the "official" numbers are only in the hundreds....

so that was not a fair question.

sorry.

Somebody else can go now.... shattered, you were the last one to have a right answer before me....

freeandfun1 said:
close...

I think I may have screwed up here...

I have done business in Malaysia for over a decade, and I have been told the story hundreds of times about the 1969 riots and how over 10,000 ethnic Chinese were killed. Yet, if you do a search on this, the "official" numbers are only in the hundreds....

so that was not a fair question.

sorry.

Somebody else can go now.... shattered, you were the last one to have a right answer before me....

But it was Cambodia, right? I have no idea what the numbers would be though, I only remember the event.

Said1 said:
But it was Cambodia, right? I have no idea what the numbers would be though, I only remember the event.

That is possible too. But I was speaking specifically of Malaysia. It is what finally led to a lot of laws being changed there. It really changed the country. Before that, the Chinese and Indians openly controlled everything. Now they only control everything behind closed doors (everything except the government.... all commerce).

It is called the May 13 Incident

freeandfun1 said:
That is possible too. But I was speaking specifically of Malaysia. It is what finally led to a lot of laws being changed there. It really changed the country. Before that, the Chinese and Indians openly controlled everything. Now they only control everything behind closed doors (everything except the government.... all commerce).

It is called the May 13 Incident

he said it was malaysia, so it is malasya, ok ill give a question:

This is ancient history, during the time of the Roman republic.
Which CArthaginian General led his army and his considerable number of war elephants over the alps and fought the romans and nearly defeated them in the Second Punic War.

When was Ulysses S. Grant's commission as lieutenant general signed by Abraham Lincoln?

Said1 said:
What Cambodian incident am I think of then??

Do a do over, we're not playing for money here. :D

What... I have a whole bottle of change.

This is ancient history, during the time of the Roman republic.
Which CArthaginian General led his army and his considerable number of war elephants over the alps and fought the romans and nearly defeated them in the Second Punic War.

Whoa!- we got two questions going at the same time here.

The answer the Super's is Hannibal.

I'll guess 1863 for Grant's third star, since that was the year he took Vicksburg.

If I'm wrong on Grant, whoever gets it right can ask next.

USViking said:
Whoa!- we got two questions going at the same time here.

The answer the Super's is Hannibal.

I'll guess 1863 for Grant's third star, since that was the year he took Vicksburg.

If I'm wrong on Grant, whoever gets it right can ask next.

YOU ARE RIGHT IT IS HANNABLE, YOU WIN THE GRAND PRIZE, A HUG, FROM ME TO U :thewave:

supermarine said:

Technically, 1945.

First American Dies in Vietnam
Lt. Col. A. Peter Dewey, head of the American O.S.S. mission, is killed by Vietminh troops while driving a Jeep to the airport. Reports will later indicate that his death was due to a case of mistaken identity -- he had been mistaken for a Frenchman.

Shattered said:
When was Ulysses S. Grant's commission as lieutenant general signed by Abraham Lincoln?

Maybe that'll help.. I'd prefer month, date, and year. :)

Forum List

Back